This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Default Re: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by boogerb53 View Post
    I went one time when my great nephew was 3. People kept trying to take the DVD player out of our cart. My niece put Josh on top of them. I was looking at him when this middle aged mean faced woman made a move to put her hands on him to lift him off. I looked at her and said "If you lay one finger on him I'm screaming KIDNAPPER at the top of my lungs and taking you down....". She had the nerve to hesitate, as if considering this, then put her arms down and backed away. Never been back since. And if my niece went, Josh stayed with me. People are CRAZY!!!!
    boogerb, that is INSANE!

There was an incident a couple years ago at our local Wal-Mart where a worker stood on a ladder and was throwing DVD players into a crowd of people who were fighting over them like pigeons fighting over breadcrumbs. Whatever happened to peoples' dignity?

Hi,

At the risk of repeating myself, Christ sure was a great profit for many.

Long days and pleasant nights

I tend to avoid shopping year-round, so I just have all the more reason to do so on "Black Friday". Who would want to be out and about with a bunch of hyped up people rushing around trying to beat others to items on "Black Friday". Seems someone might have tried to push for it to be known as something a little more pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    And to add to Brian's list: the Radio Shack ad - stating you can't be a holiday super hero unless you buy expensive electronic gear ( all available at Radio Shack). Even the Grinch knows everyone is a holiday super hero. The Holiday spirit is in your heart, not your pocketbook.
    this ad is so on offensive! Im with you on that one spidey !

I made the Black Friday mistake once. It was more than enough to swear off of it forever. Knocked down in parking lot, resulting in ripped jeans and a bloody knee, jostled inside store and even elbowed in the ribs. Oh what fun it is...

Quote Originally Posted by bryras View Post
    ISeems someone might have tried to push for it to be known as something a little more pleasant.
    Hi,

Oh, I don't know, seems quite appropriate to me.

The phrase 'Black Friday' came into use after Friday, 13th Octiber 1307 when the king of France, the wicked Philippe, and his puppet pope in Avignon conspired to have the Knights Templar arrested, imprisoned and tortured.

Except for those who escaped to Scotland, of course.

Imprisonment, treachery deceit, greed and torture?

Seems quite fitting a name to me!

you got to love this,

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Oh, I don't know, seems quite appropriate to me.

The phrase 'Black Friday' came into use after Friday, 13th Octiber 1307 when the king of France, the wicked Philippe, and his puppet pope in Avignon conspired to have the Knights Templar arrested, imprisoned and tortured.

Except for those who escaped to Scotland, of course.

Imprisonment, treachery deceit, greed and torture?

Seems quite fitting a name to me!

John,

Thank you for sharing. I guess I should have looked into it before posting up there Yes, it does seem fitting!

I absolutely abhor being subjected to an environment that puts me butt-hole to elbow with thousands of gift grubbing hordes(and sales floor whores)...at the risk of me being placed in the same sentences as (insert your favorite mass murderer here), my wife knows to keep me away except for the very far and wee hours of Oh-dark-thirty...and btw, if you weigh in excess of 400 frickin' pounds...leave the damn motorized scooter at the door with the one eyed greeter fella and WALK-quit pluggin' up the aisles...

I've only shopped on Black Friday a couple of times and that was only because my sister was visiting and she wanted to go. Otherwise, no, I avoid going anywhere on that day. That day is traditionally my day to put up my Christmas tree and decorate the house.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast