Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Black Friday kinda makes me sick - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Default Re: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Also what I think is a real shame is that stores are open on Thanksgiving & Christmas! I mean, come on people!! People prefer to be shopping than staying home w/their own families? This I do blame on the stores, they shouldn't even open their doors on these holidays. Of course, this is my opinion, to a lot of other people, it's just another day.

It forces the employees to give up their thanksgiving with their families..just so that they can retain a job and serve the mobbing crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Queen View Post
    Also what I think is a real shame is that stores are open on Thanksgiving & Christmas! I mean, come on people!! People prefer to be shopping than staying home w/their own families? This I do blame on the stores, they shouldn't even open their doors on these holidays. Of course, this is my opinion, to a lot of other people, it's just another day.
    I am in 100% agreement with you. But, how does that saying go: build it and they will come? The stores wouldn't be open if there wasn't a need for it. It is a shame though that Christmas has become all about who has the best presents and not about being with your family and other loved ones.

We dont have any "Black Friday" here but they used to have these "Super Sale" days where the big dept stores had enormous markdowns for only a few items ... things like a big TV for $50 or a fridge for $100 .... they would have a huge list of stuff at stupid prices but only one or two of each item. Of course this would mean hundreds and hundreds in front of the store from closing time the night before ....

we dont have them any more - the last year they did it there was about six people crushed on escalators across the different stores (yep, they didnt even have the sense to switch them off) and people stealing stuff from one counter as others were buying them then paying for them at another counter coz they were one offs. All sorts of stupid and ignorant behavious.

So, out came the new law - NO SUPER SALES .... since then - we still have the normal big sales through the year (like Boxing Day sales and EOF sales) but gone are the leather jackets for $5 .... one in each store !

Black Friday is just a symptom. I am encouraged by the number of people who are speaking out against it.

Hardcore man.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Yes, kingricefan, you're right! If people wouldn't show up to these crazy black fridays, then the stores would see it's a waste of time & money to be open & they'd most likely wouldn't be open!

Re: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Black Friday is just a symptom. I am encouraged by the number of people who are speaking out against it.

This video is such an eye-opener! It's left me speechless!! I've always wondered how people can say they have no money to pay their bills yet you see stuff like this, there's money to be shopping like a maniac??...for stuff that are mere trinkets? & judging by the ages of most these people, it's a scary thought that they are our future...

I did go to the mall on black Friday only because my daughter wanted a particular coat and she lives with her dad so I wanted to get it for her before she headed back. One of the ladies working at the jewelry store said black Friday is a hoax. The sales go on all week. That aside, I understand what you mean. It is disturbing, and ironic, that we celebrate a holiday in the COMPLETE opposite fashion for which it was initially intended.

I KNEW people get killed!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast