Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Black Friday kinda makes me sick - Page 6

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: Black Friday kinda makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by themadone06 View Post
    What people don't realize is most of the Black Friday deals are now online. There really isn't any need to go the store.
    That takes all of the fun out of pepper spraying the other shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    That takes all of the fun out of pepper spraying the other shoppers.

Brilliant!!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Maybe next year we should call Black Friday, "OCCUPY WAL-MART"

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Maybe next year we should call Black Friday, "OCCUPY WAL-MART"
    Doesn't Wal-Mart already have enough smelly, dirty looking people in it? I know that was incredibly stereotypical and mean, but I just couldn't help myself. There have been times where I just went to Wal-Mart to watch people.

Quote Originally Posted by themadone06 View Post
    Doesn't Wal-Mart already have enough smelly, dirty looking people in it? I know that was incredibly stereotypical and mean, but I just couldn't help myself. There have been times where I just went to Wal-Mart to watch people.
    Why go there when you can just go to www.peopleofwalmart.com and see the wreckage for yourself without leaving the comfort of your chair? Enjoy!

I never 'holiday' shop so black friday or whatever they wish to call it is never even considered. I purchase all I will need ahead of time when its cheaper. So its really not so expensive. We dont like stress either, so if its something negative you'll just have to tae it somewhere else thank you.
    Of course we dont exchange gifts anymore, except for the grandchildren. I get them books(of course!)

Now some big retail stores are making their employees work on Thanksgiving Day itself...can't say I like this development.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/15/living...ml?hpt=hp_bn11

Meanwhile, some Wal-Mart employees are planning a walkout on Black Friday:
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/15/news...day/index.html

I love Target. I love shopping. I don't so much love my in-laws, whose house I will have flown 3,000 miles to be at bright and early Thanksgiving morning. I would love an escape. I would love to go to Target. It will be open. YES!!!

But wait, no. I can't support this opening on Thanksgiving thing. As a nation we aren't given much time to spend with our families and there are a few days a year most people can count on - and should be able to. I remember my first job was in fast food and I used to literally cry when they made me work on Christmas and I had to wait on all of the families. It's a horrible feeling. People shouldn't be made to do this.

(This totally reminds me of the Labor Day thread, by the way.)

So, I'd love to go to Target on Thanksgiving but I'm going to stay away. And I hope other people will do, though I doubt it.

My last year that I had to work holidays in retail my store closed at 6 the night before Thanksgiving. It was one of those stores, though, that don't kick people out. These two women were walking around just taking their time and browsing. At 7 a manager told them we'd been closed for an hour. They said they didn't care and kept right on shopping (though they didn't buy anything) until right after 8. An entire store of people had to wait around for these two selfish women. I personally had a three hour drive that night and was not happy that I had a two hour delay to see my family. But people don't care. They really don't.

Here's a petition if you'd like to sign.

http://www.change.org/petitions/targ...e-thanksgiving

Default Black Friday

It becomes a rush. Usually go do a bit of shopping. But has become so crazy busy and such a wait. Think I will skip it and yup be in the last week or two of finishing the last minute gifts. How about you?

Holidays have become a faster moving thing. Its more about sales and time away from family.We don't get through one holiday before the stores have moved on to the next. Crazy. I missed the laid but sit home with the family and friends and enjoy a meal. The time together is so presious .

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast