Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Is Pennywise in Full Dark, No Stars? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Pennywise in Full Dark, No Stars?

Default Re: Is Pennywise in Full Dark, No Stars?

I also wondered about the possible Pennywise connection for exactly the same reasons Falseprohet stated. I worked out what "Elvid" was but surmised he could maybe be another incarnation of Pennywise, we know he is capable of changing his appearance easily. I love Pennywise though so maybe just want to believe it was him.

This story left me feeling frustrated and disgusted.

I started feeling empathy for Streeter and could comprehend him wanting to save himself, and maybe not fully understanding the consequences of his "trade." Yet he enjoyed/took great pleasure in what happened to his friend and his family. Not once did he show remorse for his part in it, and I really wanted to see him get his comeuppance. I disliked his character immensely...oouuu nasty man!
    Great job SK.

Quote Originally Posted by boogerb53 View Post
    That was exactly my impression Marsha. I saw right away that the name thing. I thought that story was darkly hilarious! I kept expecting

the main character to feel remorse and beg the devil to go stop.

With Fair Extention, I really did not know what to expect. But the outcome of it blew me away.

How could ANYONE just back and do nothing, when he knew perfectly well that he was responsible?

Thanks guys your opinions clear up some of the things I was wondering about myself.

King fan- now you've got me curious: what specifically were you wondering about..?

Keep in mind, the title is FULL DARK. These are stories about the worst of us, or the worst in us. In "1922",

Wilfred kills his wife of greed, and reaps a nasty price.
    ; in "Big Driver",

Tess discovers just what she can be capable of in her search for revenge, and just how she can feel redemption for it
    ; and "A good marriage" is about the acceptance of

the murder of Bob Anderson by his wife Darcy.
    It's about the breaking of taboos by people, and how sometimes their "sins" are punished and others, not. It's a disturbing book in that the conventions of morality are stripped away, that sometimes we do evil things and are punished, that sometimes people who haven't sinned suffer, and that sometimes those of us who think we are good will commit an evil act more or less out of the blue.

The character I thought of most was the character from Morality very similar particularly the changing of shape

Quote Originally Posted by Slimmer View Post
    The character I thought of most was the character from Morality very similar particularly the changing of shape
    I don't recall any similarities between Morality and Fair Extension.... Which character in Morality?

Quote Originally Posted by sknut70 View Post
    he felt more like the Leeland Gaunt of Needful things to me
    I agree, I picture Leland Gault and Elvid the same. Could it be that Leland came around again?

I've always assumed it was the devil, with the name Elvid and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Steve doesn't have any plans to do a sequel involving Pennywise. As he put it, he's done with clowns.
    I'd have to go back to double-check, but I think you may be reading more into a Pennywise connection to Fair Extension/Elvid than was intended.
    Greetings, Ms. Mod!

It seems like we've had this discussion before, unless I'm mistaken..?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast