Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 103

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1087

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

I am ticked off today because there is more happy crappy coming down the line at hubby's job. Just when I think things are getting better, and we are getting back to where we need to be financially, and there is less stress come payday...I don't have many details yet, he is still finding out, but they want to dissolve his crew completely. From a safety standpoint alone that is stupid. Not just anyone can work on those big coal shovels and huge equipment, you have to know what you're doing, and how they work on every level in order to do it safely.

I really don't understand people who sit in an office and have no clue what it really takes to do the physical part of the job get to make decisions about how it's done.

(((((Cat in a bag))))) Office people and management to open their eyes to the situation.

Sorry to hear about that Cat. The pencil pushers sometimes overlook safety in the name of the mighty dollar.

Hope things work out for you and your husband........

I have a little more information now...they are going to essentially cut the shovel crew in half, from 8 guys to 4. From there and a sister mine. So I'm not clear yet if that means they will be covering equipment at both mines, or just their own...but still is a big safety issue. Because they are still not allowing OT, so that means double the work in less time, either way. Scott will have to reapply for his job. If he doesn't get it, he will have to go to the shop, where he would most likely be fine, but that's not where he wants to be. He is a certified welder in several different procedures, but he doesn't want to weld constantly.

He is one of the lower men on the totem pole, as far as years of service go. He only has 2 years at this mine, but 10 years shovel crew experience total. There are a couple of guys who would probably welcome going to the shop, but Scott isn't one of them. He did say his name was mentioned several times in the meeting as a definite shovel guy. He's pretty wound up right now, so we could use whatever positive vibes and prayers you all want to throw at us!

Well, there is now one less window on one of our cars. The story is a rather long and embarrassing one, but I'll make it short and sweet:

I locked my keys in the car. My dad punched out a window. I got my keys. My dad got some bandages.

The End.

Moral of the story: Don't lock your keys in your car... but if you do make sure you have copies of those keys readily available.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    Well, there is now one less window on one of our cars. The story is a rather long and embarrassing one, but I'll make it short and sweet:

I locked my keys in the car. My dad punched out a window. I got my keys. My dad got some bandages.

The End.

Moral of the story: Don't lock your keys in your car... but if you do make sure you have copies of those keys readily available.
    I always keep a spare in my wallet. Of course, I locked my keys in the truck when my wallet was on the seat in the cab.

Jacob, we locked ourselves out of our house last week. Paid $45 for a locksmith to come open our front door.

We need to have some extra keys made, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post

The End.

Same thing happened to my first car. Only instead of punching the window, we tried prying it. It shattered. A few weeks later the engine overheated. Oh well... it was only $200.00, but if I had just replaced the radiator, I might even still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I always keep a spare in my wallet. Of course, I locked my keys in the truck when my wallet was on the seat in the cab.
    This happened to my second car. I left it in a parking lot to take a driving test in a different vehicle. Key was left in the ignition, and I locked the doors. I had a spare in my wallet. I had forgotten all about the spare until I got a ride home. At least I didn't have to break the window to get in though.

Last week, I locked myself out of my truck (I need to stop doing this to myself), but I left the window open a little. I was able to remove one of my windshield wipers, and attach it to a bungee cord. I squeezed it in through the window, and was able to unlock the door. Still a PITA.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

My worst lockout happened right before Christmas a couple years ago. I bought my dad a gas grill at Lowe's but my local Lowe's didn't have it and I had to make a 2 hour trip to a store that had the one I wanted. I pulled my truck up to the loading area right in front of the front door so I could load the grill. I locked my keys in the truck with it running (and no spare on me) right in front of the store at their most busy time. I was in everyone's way. I had to call a locksmith and no one in Lowe's knew where a phone book was. It took about an hour to get me out of everyone's way.

Good thing you didn't run out of fuel. Does he still have the grill?