This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1087

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    This damn cough/chest infection is so painful...haven't had one second of sleep all night. Finally had to admit defeat and call in sick to work for today...it's 5:30am here. Feel guilty now but considering it started a week ago I've done well to hold out for this long. Nurses really are the worst people when it comes to taking care of ourselves.
    Why do you think we are this way, Ally?

I am ticked off that my vacation is over tomorrow. Oh well - if I get all my transcriptions caught up I might try going on the SKMB from work because my home computer is so old and slow. The work one is better but I have tried not to go on the site much. We have a quota we must obtain and I am not one of the faster typists i.e. those girls who had piano lessons as children are incredible!

So just to balance out my "ticked off" post - I am happy today cuz my 'special needs' son who is 27 and living at home (no job currently) met a lovely girl at Special Olympics bowling. They are now "going steady" and text each other all the time. She is a very nice person and high functioning like him. It's his first real girlfriend and I am happy for him.

I am ticked off because I can't work, and I'm going to go mad not being able to go back to sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I am ticked off that my vacation is over tomorrow. Oh well - if I get all my transcriptions caught up I might try going on the SKMB from work because my home computer is so old and slow. The work one is better but I have tried not to go on the site much. We have a quota we must obtain and I am not one of the faster typists i.e. those girls who had piano lessons as children are incredible!

So just to balance out my "ticked off" post - I am happy today cuz my 'special needs' son who is 27 and living at home (no job currently) met a lovely girl at Special Olympics bowling. They are now "going steady" and text each other all the time. She is a very nice person and high functioning like him. It's his first real girlfriend and I am happy for him.
    I have one of those high functioning "special needs" sons myself. He's twenty-one, no job, lives at home, and has yet to find a girlfriend. I am so happy for you and your son-- it's wonderful he found someone. It gives me hope for my son!

I am ticked off today because I hate people betraying their friends. I have a friend (oh, I guess, it should go like "I had a friend") who just appeared to do things behind my back. Considerinng friend should trust each other and tell each other important things, that is just unfair when I happened to get to know rather unpleasant news for me from the third party, and not from this person who was supposed to be a "friend". I hate people lying, betraying and hurting other people's feelings. It is just not cool... so sorry some people can't understand this, and at the same time it makes me happy, because about myself I know one thing for sure, I will never be like that, I am happy I have things in my life that keep me thinking good (Stephen King is among them, too, as from his books I also learn a lot about the world and people in it). I am also glad to know that not all the people are like that, that in the world there are a lot of good people, capable of doing nice things.

I am sorry for this rather long post, I just had to talk it out

Iam ticked today as Iam stuck in the house. It is raining like crazy. The hubby has the day off work. we planned on taking our son to the zoo. But weather says not today. Hubby works a job that we never know what day he has off.

A little miffed today because the boss has the sports station in his office cranked up. He and I share a wall, a very thin one at that, and all I can hear is muffled talking, nothing I can even make out as words.
    But he's da boss, and what can I do? Crank my Enya to eleven? No. She's not to be absorbed into the consciousness at anything past a six at most.

4:59 am starts my day with the ******* neighbor's dogs barking. I called the sheriff's office and a guy I've talked to before came out. He stood on my porch, shrugged his shoulders and explained to me that "Dog's are going to cut up." Like that makes it okay. I explained that it's not okay.
    "Why don't you sue him?" Well, if I had the money I would have by now, and probably not just him. This has been going on for more than a year and local law enforcement has no intention of addressing it, even though it's a law on the books of this town.
    This officer pissed me off, standing on my porch shrugging and telling me why nothing's going to happen.
    Well, we'll see about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepplady View Post
    4:59 am starts my day with the ******* neighbor's dogs barking. I called the sheriff's office and a guy I've talked to before came out. He stood on my porch, shrugged his shoulders and explained to me that "Dog's are going to cut up." Like that makes it okay. I explained that it's not okay.
    "Why don't you sue him?" Well, if I had the money I would have by now, and probably not just him. This has been going on for more than a year and local law enforcement has no intention of addressing it, even though it's a law on the books of this town.
    This officer pissed me off, standing on my porch shrugging and telling me why nothing's going to happen.
    Well, we'll see about that.
    I'm not sure if it would work, but you might consider suing in small claims court where you do not need a lawyer. I have never done it, but I was told it was $25 to file. I think you would have to come up with a monetary sum to to sue over based on something like loss of income due to lack of sleep from the dog barking.

Sorry lepplady