This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Sentimental - ditto what Dana Jean said. As I was reading your post, it was like I was reliving grades 6-11 with one of my "best" friends. She loved to belittle me in front of her more popular friends. She noticed everything I did differently (such as wear a new style of shoe, etc) and would immediately shoot it down. Once, in ninth grade, I decided to wear eye shadow. She said, "Oh, you put on eyeshadow? It looks like sh*t." I was a very sensitive, insecure, introverted person, and this cut me to the core. If ever I mustered up the courage to tell her that she hurt my feelings, she'd laugh like a hyena and say, "I was joking! Can't you take a joke? You're so overly sensitive."

My mother hated her, she saw right through her and encouraged me to end our "friendship." I finally did, in our junior year of high school. I had a crush on a guy (she loved to make fun of him and call him a dork and a doofus, etc.), and made the mistake of telling her about it. And let me tell you, it was more than a crush - I pined for the dude for over a year. Then I noticed that she started flirting with him, and he eventually asked her on a date, which of course she accepted without any hesitation. Even still, i was her friend. But I'll never forget the day I ended things. We were in the gym locker room, changing for PE, and she started telling me about their date the previous weekend. She told me about how they were making out on her sofa. I told her that I really wasn't interested in hearing about it. Naturally, she went on, until finally his zipper was undone and he was "begging for it." I looked at her and very calmly said, "You know, I don't think I want to be your friend anymore." She acted like I'd thrown acid in her face, and I think it was because she could see in my eyes that I was serious and done with her. Oh, the histrionics! She cried, she yelled to all of the locker room that I'd just broken her heart and told her I didn't want to be friends again, etc. Some girls came up to her and hugged her; meanwhile, I just kept packing my gym clothes into my locker and tying my shoelaces, etc. One girl was actually blotting my ex-friend's tears and telling her that everything was going to be allright, she deserved better, etc. A couple of girls were giving me the stinkeye. My insides were on fire, I felt like I was going to hurl, but I was so proud of myself and felt free! After a few days, some girls told me they'd heard about it, and they were very sympathetic since they'd been on the receiving end of her bullsh** before.

I'm sorry this is so long, SF. I just wanted to say, get rid of her before she hurts you more because she will. She won't believe it when you tell her to bug off and you mean it. You sound like a smart girl - I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're a teenager, or in college. There are many, many people just like you who cherish friends who come without drama and hysteria.

A funny thing - I'm 45 years old and now live about an hour away from where I grew up. This girl I was friends with, she now lives 5 minutes away from my house and her son is in the same grade as my daughter at the same school. The tall, blonde, thinnish teenager is now 45 and working her way through her second gastric bypass, and takes enough tranquilizers every day to kill a horse. She has no friends in town. Karma's a b*tch.

[QUOTE=The Sentimental Fool;423851]I am irritated today because I am an angry person...... (long story that follows)

LongTallSally Guest

I am ticked off today/last night/tomorrow/whatever because my husband's response to me asking when he was going to finish unpacking his suitcase was to tell me it is MY job. Methinks the suitcase is going to sit there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPain View Post
    I am ticked off today/last night/tomorrow/whatever because my husband's response to me asking when he was going to finish unpacking his suitcase was to tell me it is MY job. Methinks the suitcase is going to sit there for a while.
    Let it sit there and stick to your guns!! YOUR JOB!!! YOUR JOB!!! Hooo Boy--Someone needs to be brought into the 21st century where everyone takes care of their own stuff and everyone pulls their own weight if they are part of the team.

There is a very funny episode of Everybody Loves Raymond about this very subject. Try this, LadyP!

Whoops! Trying again!

I'm ticked off today because of the large amount of animals being neglected in America.

I visited my local Animal Rescue League to walk some dogs, it's a shame to see so many animals in cages whimpering and barking. Some people really need to think about their choices. I cringe whenever I hear about a family getting a new dog and getting rid of it weeks later when the "thrill is gone and the reality sets in".

Quote Originally Posted by GarratyVStebbins View Post
    I'm ticked off today because of the large amount of animals being neglected in America.

I visited my local Animal Rescue League to walk some dogs, it's a shame to see so many animals in cages whimpering and barking. Some people really need to think about their choices. I cringe whenever I hear about a family getting a new dog and getting rid of it weeks later when the "thrill is gone and the reality sets in".
    I hate hearing things like that. I currently have two dogs, had one since he was a puppy, and the other since he was 3. The newer one started off life as a gundog (he's a purebred Golden Retriever - he was bred for it) but he... let's just say he has issues. Anyway, he was abused because he was both nervous and hyper. My dad's friend "rescued" him, and he stayed with them for quite a while. I have to start referring to him by name - he's called Harley (Dad's friend's last name is Davidson). We looked after him once when he was 6 months old, for a fortnight when the Davidsons were on holiday, and most of that time was spent with all the doors in the car open, trying to get him to work up the courage to jump in the car himself without being scared (succeeded eventually ).
    At some point, his nervousness changed into viciousness, and if he thought another dog could be a threat, he'd attack them first. This soon changed, if any dog came anywhere near him, he would attack them. Eventually his owners had enough when he began running after dogs to bite them. So they rehomed him. After one night, the lady gave him back, claiming she couldn't cope because he barked at her cats. So Dad's friend turned to us. We've had him for 3 years, and he's the friendliest, lovliest dog you could ever meet. He used to be terrified of men, tall people, and almost any other animal. Now he's totally besotted with my dad (who's both male and tall) and he's still a bit of a problem child with other dogs, but so much better than before.
    Sorry to write you the essay, I just wanted to share his happy ending with you I wish we could take in all the animals that need new homes, but two dogs, a cat, two rats and an aquarium is quite enough work for 3 people with full-time jobs and school

I'm ticked off because there's nothing more irritating than someone constantly talking about themselves, and changing every single conversation into a story about them.

It's going to be a very long day

Because it is sooooo very cold here..I know it is January but this is a bit ridiculous

I'm ticked off because this headache came to visit on Monday and has definately overstayed its welcome by now

Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast