This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

LongTallSally Guest

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

I am ticked off today because I am tired of battling four different infections at once and I lost half a stone just on Saturday and Sunday. I'm exhausted and have black circles under my eyes and I look like sheep. Other than that, I'm doing just ducky, thank you... it's another movie day for me.

*rolls eyes and heads back to the couch for more rest*

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Other than a 3 day weekend here and there, no long Board closings until April.
    Well, I thought you`d be closing the board on Thursday afternoon, and then take Monday off as well, since Jan 1st is Saturday...

Ah well, anyway, we have four months now to get ready to be ticked off when you do close it for a longer period...

Srbo
    Most of all he reminded me on how I used to be...a pure, innocent man, slow to anger, slow to harsh words, open to the World, open to people, loving everything and everybody...
    Oh my God, how I miss that man...and how I hate the one who is writing this...
    But what we see in you, Dear Srbo, is a pure, innocent man, slow to anger, slow to harsh words, opent to the World, open to people, loving everything and everybody...AND we love you!!

Lots of hugs to go around for everyone.. Boy Howdy and we really need them too!

Thank you, dear Spidey and Haunted, but let`s not high jack this thread as well, it`s not a thread about me, it`s about all of us.

Sorry, Fush.

I am ticked off today because the doctors put me on Cipro and Prednesone. The Cipro won't let me sleep and the Prednesone makes me a crazy person. To top that off they want to see me in their offices at o'dark thirty tomorrow. BAD WORD, BAD WORD, MANY MANY BAD WORDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I am ticked off today because the doctors put me on Cipro and Prednesone. The Cipro won't let me sleep and the Prednesone makes me a crazy person. To top that off they want to see me in their offices at o'dark thirty tomorrow. BAD WORD, BAD WORD, MANY MANY BAD WORDS.
    oooh, the evil Prednisone... It makes you happy at first, full of energy, then all of a sudden you've got a wasps nest instead of a brain, and the appetite of a lumberjack.

Fush, please let us know how things turned out. Hope all is flowing in the correct direction without costing a ransom.

I just realized that I do not get ticked off much at all. I am too immature and silly to get me blood up much.

Okay, this is something I was ticked about last month, but now I have the perfect place to vent about it...

My husband's niece died last month - she was in her early 40s, died of cancer, and left behind four children ranging in age from 4 - 12. Sitting through her funeral was like having my guts pulled out - though she and I weren't close, the tragedy of four children losing their mother so young was incomprehensible. During the funeral mass, a cell phone started to ring. It belonged to the woman sitting in front of me. Instead of leaping out of the pew like her ass was on fire and running out of the church never to return (as any normal person should have done), she leisurely unzipped her purse, dug around (two rings, three rings), pulled out a little cell phone holder, unlatched it (four rings, five rings), pulled the phone out and.... can you imagine what she did?? She flipped it open and said, "Hello?" Every person in the church (and it was full) turned to look at her. She said, "I can't talk right now. Can I call you back?" No shame. No apologetic looks. I was ready to kill her. I didn't even recognize her, and talking to others later, nobody knew who she was. We think she may have just showed up to attend a Saturday afternoon mass so she wouldn't have to go on Sunday.

Well, a little later the priest asked the children and husband to come up and gather around the casket before he closed it. We were all just choked with grief. As the priest and family were praying over the casket, guess what? The phone rings again - she hadn't turned it off! I saw my husband's hand reach out - I didn't know what he was going to do, but I grabbed his arm and pulled it back. He told me later that he was just going to tap her on the shoulder and ask her to leave. The person in front of her turned full around to face her, and gave her a look so full of hatred and murderous anger that she got the message. She fled the pew and left, though not before clearly answering her phone again before the door closed behind her.

I guess to say this "ticked me off" is an understatment. Thank you for letting me vent about it here.

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast