Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

I am ticked off today because I spent 2 hours putting together a motorized Thomas the Train train set and one of my little dayhome monsters took all of 5 mins to take it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    I am ticked off today because I spent 2 hours putting together a motorized Thomas the Train train set and one of my little dayhome monsters took all of 5 mins to take it apart!
    Guess that would fit under the category of "hands on learning". Next step, re assembly.

I am ticked off today because I have wasted half of my life on rank stupidity, and now have to try to get it right, and I'm too old for this s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I am ticked off today because the doctors put me on Cipro and Prednesone. The Cipro won't let me sleep and the Prednesone makes me a crazy person. To top that off they want to see me in their offices at o'dark thirty tomorrow. BAD WORD, BAD WORD, MANY MANY BAD WORDS.
    I want to apologize to everyone for my incredible bad taste in whining about my miniscule problems. These irritations will soon pass and I am blessed in this life and should be shouting with joy.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Flushable wipes probably ARE flushable...in laboratory tests. The problem arises when you flush them straightaway and they hang out in the "S-Bend" of your John (no offense intended, JD).

Let them hang out in the bowl for a while before flushing. More surface area for the water to work. Adding one of those "once a month" bleach-based nuggets to your tank might also help them break down faster. And when in doubt, plunge BEFORE flushing.

cause it is raining and I have to go to the dump and it is packed.Long wait in the rain. LOL

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post

Update: My boss let me go home a bit early so I could be here for the plumber. They just left, it took them exactly 1 hour and cost me $149.99. The culprit? So-called "flushable" wipes! Despite being marketed as "flushable", these wipes apparently clog pipes as efficiently as if you'd flushed a cotton shirt down the toilet. The plumber told me that ever since flushable wipes have been introduced to the market, they have more business than they know what to do with. What gets me is that we would have never bought these wipes if they weren't marketed as flushable! I can't believe they are allowed to sell these things! I went online and found thousands of people with the same problem, flushable wipes are not really flushable despite their name! Now I have something new to be ticked off about!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    Flushable wipes probably ARE flushable...in laboratory tests. The problem arises when you flush them straightaway and they hang out in the "S-Bend" of your John
    Ah yes, the old bend in the pipe trick has probably put more plumbers kids through college or rehab than any other.
    Now one would think that a not so really big fish would be naturally predisposed to being flushed, tis not so say I.
    Oh yes please, allow me to explain...
    One of my brothers loved his fishes, and kept multiple fish tanks with many varieties of exotic species.
    Just before this one yuletide time of year, he bought a fish he said was some kind of South American Freshwater Shark.
    (but in reality, it was really a Channel Catfish...now he could call it whatever he wanted, but I know a Channel Catfish when I see one, as I've caught, cleaned, and ate many, but when a some sucker pays in the neighborhood of a hundred ducats for a fish, well, they's gonna keep callin' it something foreign & exotic, and this particular fish stick was no exception)
    Anyway, said Catfishy lookin' "Shark", of suspect origin, kicked the water bucket as it were, and my brother found it floating on top of it's tank in the mourning, stiff as a plank (a deeelicious way to prepare many swimmylicious things by the way, I highly recommend Ceder or Hickory).
    Well naturally, as befalls the fate of millions of fishes yearly, Goldfish I'm thinkin' being numero uno, whoooosh down the commode it goes, the ol' burial at sewer, and just a few hours the whole family was to arrive...timing is everything as the sayin ' goes!
    Ahh but this is no Goldfish, this is a eight or nine inch Catfish (incognitoly disguised as a Spanish, or possibly Portuguese speaking, freshwater "Shark"...oh yeeeah, with whiskers..well, for the porpoise of that oh so clever disguise ya know), that has rigor mortised into the exact shape of a banana..well okay, as close as the shape of a banana a Catfishshark can become in death, but one must remember, it was a master of disguise in life, so.......
    So now we have a 'nana shaped, not so fresh, do-it-yourself serving of sushi, and as Mr.James has pointed out, that plumbers friend, the home owners dreaded, da da da daaaa, S-Bend...Houston..uhhh, I mean Mrs. Paul's, we have a problem!
    Yep, all the pipes flow overboard, water is coming up all the tub and shower drains, it's pouring through the ceiling in the basement...Mama, let us say for the sake of simplicity (and without all that damned cursing), is not a very happy camper..and she doesn't even camp out is what I'm sayin'!
    My brother learned three valuable lessons that day (I mean after all, those are the most expensive in my experience), one is Mama knew some words we hadn't previoulsy realized she was hip to, two is obvious, if your gonna flush a not too big, but yet rather large(ish) fish down the toilet, after it has stiffened into something other than straight geometric shapes, one should break out the Bass-O-Matic, or at the very least a cleaver, and three, plumbers make some pretty sweeeet dough doin' emergency calls on cold Christmas mornings.

LongTallSally Guest

...because my husband treats me like an idiot for NOT wanting to learn how to use the iPod, iTouch, or iPad, and that I don't want to learn how to use the cell phone or carry it.

I'm just NOT interested. I can use a computer to do the important stuff like writing, coming in here to see you guys, and doing my labels for the farmer's market stuff I make. I don't need to have technology attached to me at all times to be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Guess that would fit under the category of "hands on learning". Next step, re assembly.
    Hmmm, if only I could remember where I put the instructions!

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Great short story there, Pat.

Publishablable. Get to work.

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast