This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

LongTallSally Guest

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Not meaning to be preachy or anything but .....

There really is NOTHING worth getting ticked off about.

You have a finite time upon this planet and any time you spend being ticked off is actually time that you're stealing from the enjoyment of your own life, so why bother?

Pooh just is.

Right, off the soapbox now.

Long days and pleasant nights
    I'd hate to contradict you, my wise friend, but I am ticked off today because my husband blew off his appointment to get the snip. It took him two years to get the balls to make the appointment and he forgot to confirm it last week.

There IS something to be ticked off about. For only a moment or two, though. It's almost funny that he forgot because he's going to have to go back to the doctor and ask for another referral.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPain View Post
    I'd hate to contradict you, my wise friend, but I am ticked off today because my husband blew off his appointment to get the snip. It took him two years to get the balls to make the appointment and he forgot to confirm it last week.

There IS something to be ticked off about. For only a moment or two, though. It's almost funny that he forgot because he's going to have to go back to the doctor and ask for another referral.

There's forgetting and then there's forgetting!

Not a movie for children at all Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    Not a movie for children at all Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
    There is probably a thin line they try to walk where they still want to draw the kids that saw the first movies who are adults now.

Because the satellite technician worked for three hours assuring me he could fix "everything"!! Only to tell me, sorry there is a tree blocking your reception......you need to call a tree trimmer! ( it isn't even my tree) GRRR!!

I wouldn't say I'm ticked off, but I think slowly losing your mind kinda makes for a bad day.

I get ticked off when I accidentally set my alarm clock to buzzer instead of music. Its like waking up via electric shock.

I am ticked off today on behalf of all the people who do not have health insurance. I received the first statement from our insurance company this weekend, after my recent surgery and all the fun stuff that came after, and $22000 was written off because the hospitals were network providers. Now, don't get me wrong, I am VERY thankful that it was written off, but what about the people who don't have insurance? They don't get that amount written off for them! Why are the doctors and hospitals allowed to charge those amounts of money if that is not what is reasonable?

It is not like I was unaware of the lack of health insurance problem before, but this surgery is really the first time we have had to use the insurance for something serious, something big, other than when our babies were born and it has been an eye opener. And that isn't even the end of it for us, that was just for the first 2 hospitals I was in. The one hour airplane ride and the 3rd hospital and all the separate drs charges are still to come. It just really made me sick to my stomach to think about people who cannot afford insurance in the first place having something huge go on with their health and then get hit with those kinds of bills.

Sorry to rant, but it really shocked me to see how much was just written away. Wouldn't it just be easier to bill for the amount they end up getting paid for in the first place?

And just on a side note, my local hospital is undergoing a major renovation right now--not for actual services or updated equipment or things like that, but an addition for offices and 2 parking garages. Maybe some of that money should be used to find better doctors instead, maybe then people wouldn't end up in 3 different hospitals for the same problem.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I am ticked off today on behalf of all the people who do not have health insurance. I received the first statement from our insurance company this weekend, after my recent surgery and all the fun stuff that came after, and $22000 was written off because the hospitals were network providers. Now, don't get me wrong, I am VERY thankful that it was written off, but what about the people who don't have insurance? They don't get that amount written off for them! Why are the doctors and hospitals allowed to charge those amounts of money if that is not what is reasonable?

It is not like I was unaware of the lack of health insurance problem before, but this surgery is really the first time we have had to use the insurance for something serious, something big, other than when our babies were born and it has been an eye opener. And that isn't even the end of it for us, that was just for the first 2 hospitals I was in. The one hour airplane ride and the 3rd hospital and all the separate drs charges are still to come. It just really made me sick to my stomach to think about people who cannot afford insurance in the first place having something huge go on with their health and then get hit with those kinds of bills.

Sorry to rant, but it really shocked me to see how much was just written away. Wouldn't it just be easier to bill for the amount they end up getting paid for in the first place?

And just on a side note, my local hospital is undergoing a major renovation right now--not for actual services or updated equipment or things like that, but an addition for offices and 2 parking garages. Maybe some of that money should be used to find better doctors instead, maybe then people wouldn't end up in 3 different hospitals for the same problem.
    Even with insurance, a major medical problem is expensive especially when you throw in the loss of work and other costs. Most bankruptcies in the US are because of medical bills and a large portion of that number are people with insurance.

Also cat, the people without insurance are billed 4 or 5 times more than people with insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPain View Post
    my husband blew off his appointment to get the snip. It took him two years to get the balls to make the appointment
    Hi,

Interesting choice of phrase considering the subject, Lady LOL

Long days and pleasant nights

Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast