This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

I am disappointed today because I just got a rejection email for a job I interviewed for last month. This came the day after a hiring freeze was announced, so it may have more to do with that than my qualifications or interview, but I'm still disappointed.

I just found out that Warrant singer Jani Lane died. I'm not really surprised or shocked, but it sucks hearing about it.

My son-in-law’s good friend on the force was shot and killed in the line of duty last evening.

Answering a domestic disturbance call, he was only 31 and leaves behind a wife and two young kids. He was shot after pointing his stun gun at two dogs that were attacking him. SENSELESS!

He was a heck of a nice young man who devoted his life to helping and protecting others.

What?!?! I am crushed, no really, I really am! I loved him!

Quote Originally Posted by zelmonster View Post
    My son-in-law’s good friend on the force was shot and killed in the line of duty last evening.

Answering a domestic disturbance call, he was only 31 and leaves behind a wife and two young kids. He was shot after pointing his stun gun at two dogs that were attacking him. SENSELESS!

He was a heck of a nice young man who devoted his life to helping and protecting others.
    My God.....that is awful.

I'm more dismayed than ticked off, but someone in my group just put in her two-week's notice. This wouldn't be so bad normally but I already have two different people out on parental leave, and we just had a hiring freeze so I can't bring in anyone new! YIKES.

I'm ticked off today because I should be off from work tomorrow, but because I promised to my boss that I can come to work, when my boss didn't find any other to come, I have to go. So only Saturday is a off from work to me. Sunday back again.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I'm more dismayed than ticked off, but someone in my group just put in her two-week's notice. This wouldn't be so bad normally but I already have two different people out on parental leave, and we just had a hiring freeze so I can't bring in anyone new! YIKES.
    Hey, I'll sometimes work for whatever I can hand carry out of a building, no muss no fuss, and most assuredly, no messy paper work to weigh anyone down, you know, with all those letters, punctuation, potentially deadly paper cuts and stuff.
    The caveat I'll often throw in being, just as long as it'll all fit in the back of my truck in one load....yeah I know, ya see, I'm not a greedy Pat bastid.
    Well okay, in all fairness, that last statement might could probably depend on which truck I was drivin' that day, the BIG heavy duty '69 Chevy bread truck (she's actually a sweet ol' meat truck), and you could rightly call me a truckin' Bernie Madoff.
    Just a little fast, and highly processed, food for thought.

Because there is yet another teacher who wants to change the way my daughter holds her pencil. She's left handed and holds her pencil as if she is getting ready to stake a vampire. She has been writing this way since Kindergarten. ( she's now in 4th grade) To try to learn to write an entirely different way this late in the game, is absurd IMO. She has the neatest, most legible penmanship that I have seen. How many of you here are lefties? If so, have you had teachers give you a hard time about the way you write? Or try to change the hand that you write with? I had a meeting with my daughter's teacher this morning and said everything I have said here. I don't think she was pleased BUT I feel I am right. Which matters more how the pencil is held or how the writing looks?

Mookie, it has become policy for teachers to "encourage" left handed children to use their right hand. Conformity! I always allowed left handed children to write as they desired, as long as it was readable. Who cares how the pencil is held.

Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast