Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 49

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Not a leftie but husband and one of our children are. I feel the same way you do and good luck at the meeting. I was a pre school teacher and we never focus on which hand they use as long as they were productive in what they were doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Because there is yet another teacher who wants to change the way my daughter holds her pencil. She's left handed and holds her pencil as if she is getting ready to stake a vampire. She has been writing this way since Kindergarten. ( she's now in 4th grade) To try to learn to write an entirely different way this late in the game, is absurd IMO. She has the neatest, most legible penmanship that I have seen. How many of you here are lefties? If so, have you had teachers give you a hard time about the way you write? Or try to change the hand that you write with? I had a meeting with my daughter's teacher this morning and said everything I have said here. I don't think she was pleased BUT I feel I am right. Which matters more how the pencil is held or how the writing looks?

Chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Mookie, it has become policy for teachers to "encourage" left handed children to use their right hand. Conformity! I always allowed left handed children to write as they desired, as long as it was readable. Who cares how the pencil is held.
    Spidey, That is exactly the point I made in my conversation with my daughter's teacher. I wish all teachers had your outlook Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    Not a leftie but husband and one of our children are. I feel the same way you do and good luck at the meeting. I was a pre school teacher and we never focus on which hand they use as long as they were productive in what they were doing.
    Thanks Kingfamilyfan!

I like doing chores! I am not complaining about my disabilities, but when I can't do minor housework and stuff, it's really frustrating. I hate depending on my guys to do the things of which I'm capable .
    Ticks me off big big

I'm left-handed, and I wish there were notebooks that didn't have the giant spirals on the left-hand side in every store. In school it hurt my hand like hell to write for too long. And my poor writing hand would smudge what I'd just written because I've always held my pen or pencil near the tip. That's why I never really bothered taking notes in school. I had a really good memory anyway.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Mookie, it has become policy for teachers to "encourage" left handed children to use their right hand. Conformity! I always allowed left handed children to write as they desired, as long as it was readable. Who cares how the pencil is held.
    In baseball, that's why so many lefties are also switch hitters (most switch hitters are true lefties). It was from when they were young and people trying to force them to use the other hand. Actually, it's not only baseball but most lefties do pretty well right handed because of that. Most of us righties are completely useless when it comes to trying to be left handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Long View Post
    I'm left-handed, and I wish there were notebooks that didn't have the giant spirals on the left-hand side in every store. In school it hurt my hand like hell to write for too long. And my poor writing hand would smudge what I'd just written because I've always held my pen or pencil near the tip. That's why I never really bothered taking notes in school. I had a really good memory anyway.
    Too late now for you, but I found one here if someone else has that issue--a little on the pricey side but made in the USA for those who are trying to shop for products still made there.

Lefties (please forgive my profiling)...

http://thesouthpawconnection.com/?page_id=19

...add my Mom.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Because there is yet another teacher who wants to change the way my daughter holds her pencil. She's left handed and holds her pencil as if she is getting ready to stake a vampire. She has been writing this way since Kindergarten. ( she's now in 4th grade) To try to learn to write an entirely different way this late in the game, is absurd IMO. She has the neatest, most legible penmanship that I have seen. How many of you here are lefties? If so, have you had teachers give you a hard time about the way you write? Or try to change the hand that you write with? I had a meeting with my daughter's teacher this morning and said everything I have said here. I don't think she was pleased BUT I feel I am right. Which matters more how the pencil is held or how the writing looks?
    HEY, TEACHER, Leave Them Kids Alone!!!
    Take a copy of this, and a brick, with ya darlin', always give 'em a choice, it's just another of our more finer mottos word!...

Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast