Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Years ago my two younger cousins flushed NINE tiny nearly~newborn puppies down the toilet (pretty twisted huh?) luckily their mother realised instantly something was up when they came downstairs soaking wet. She called the fire brigade who were stationed just around the corner and miraculously they managed to save them all from the pipes. My cousins were then "rewarded" for their behaviour by having their photograph with the puppies splashed across the front page of the local newspaper. Somehow they made it sound like a heart warming story of survival. Kids!

I'm in the same boat as JellybeanJay and arista... I'm sick. For a week now. It's the flu. I haven't had the flu in years and this is NOT the souvenir I had in mind to bring home from Maui.

Susan... that story had me angry, too. The gall of some people... what has happened to manners and etiquette nowadays?

Oh, and "flushable" wipes? I throw them in the trash... we have a septic system and it is unhappy if anything but TP goes in there!
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

School vacation so teens need to release energy= Due to wildlife a cement block is kept on the dumpster lid. This is the second time I have found the block dumped into the dumpster. Lifting one out of a 2yd deep dumpster is no fun!

I dislike teases

I am ticked off today because we came home from Belize yesterday (bad enough all by itself), then discovered that the house/dogsitter had helped himself to our checkbook and written himself about $5000 in checks. This guy is a friend...or so we thought. At first we did not think he had done it - didn't think he was anywhere near so stupid. But he admitted it when confronted. I got him off alone to talk, figuring that if he will talk to anyone about the truth behind this, it would be me. I asked him why, and he did not have an answer. I asked him if he was using again, and he said no. (He used to be into oxys, but things he has said recently make me think there is no way he'd be using again. Still, you never know, and I know better than to take his word for it.)

He then told me that he had spent the money on surgery for his dog after she was hit by a car. I know the dog was hit, and ultimately put down, but that was days after he started writing checks. He isn't telling me something. I don't know how to handle it.

We did call the cops, because we had to file a report to recover the money from our bank. We have not yet filed charges. As I said, this guy has been a friend. He is also 20 years old and basically a nice kid, but he does have a record (drugs). If we file charges, it would be at least 11 felony counts. I don't want to send him up for that kind of time; I don't want to ruin his life. If he is using again, he needs help, not prison, and I wish he'd level with me. Not as if I'd never been there. If he isn't, I just want to know WTF is going on.

I refuse to post in this thread anymore, no offense.

Because I refuse to be ticked off.

I will be, I know that, but I will allow only 5 minutes to tick me off, and then it MUST go away from my mind.

LongTallSally Guest

I am ticked off today because I have become lactose intolerant on top of everything else I have to deal with.

Because the holidays are over and yet they are still showing some holiday commericals..

Quote Originally Posted by AnniesGrrl View Post
    I am ticked off today because we came home from Belize yesterday (bad enough all by itself), then discovered that the house/dogsitter had helped himself to our checkbook and written himself about $5000 in checks. This guy is a friend...or so we thought. At first we did not think he had done it - didn't think he was anywhere near so stupid. But he admitted it when confronted. I got him off alone to talk, figuring that if he will talk to anyone about the truth behind this, it would be me. I asked him why, and he did not have an answer. I asked him if he was using again, and he said no. (He used to be into oxys, but things he has said recently make me think there is no way he'd be using again. Still, you never know, and I know better than to take his word for it.)

He then told me that he had spent the money on surgery for his dog after she was hit by a car. I know the dog was hit, and ultimately put down, but that was days after he started writing checks. He isn't telling me something. I don't know how to handle it.

We did call the cops, because we had to file a report to recover the money from our bank. We have not yet filed charges. As I said, this guy has been a friend. He is also 20 years old and basically a nice kid, but he does have a record (drugs). If we file charges, it would be at least 11 felony counts. I don't want to send him up for that kind of time; I don't want to ruin his life. If he is using again, he needs help, not prison, and I wish he'd level with me. Not as if I'd never been there. If he isn't, I just want to know WTF is going on.
    So sorry to hear this. It sounds like he has a drug problem. Drugs are usually the reason behind behavior like this.

Were you able to work with the bank to get some of the funds recovered?

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    I refuse to post in this thread anymore, no offense.

Because I refuse to be ticked off.

I will be, I know that, but I will allow only 5 minutes to tick me off, and then it MUST go away from my mind.
    Personally I don't like holding onto my anger for long either. That's actually why I'm finding this thread to be cathartic. It lets me express it and get it out of my system. But I understand if you don't post here, whatever works best for your peace of mind is all that matters.

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast