Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 52

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Ladypain, You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let him know how you feel, maybe if you lay it all out for him he might get an epiphany about what a jerk he's being. I am mad today, because last night my dogs killed a possum. I hate to see anything die. I wish I could have prevented it. Not to mention I was bathing dogs and cleaning up until after midnight.
    Well you know what ol' Jed says about O'possum ...'Wellll doggie, it's jess as good the second day'....sorry

I'm ticked off today because I've decided I hate flash mobs. What the hell is the point of these things? Great, you all have smart phones, holy crap, look at us, we can all assemble for some random self-important gathering where no one except the group really cares what we are doing. Do people really think they are that important?

I am like, really offended! you know, that some people are offended! Man! Does that tick me off! What in the world do I need do to get my precondition in the condition it'd been in prior! THAT'S what I want to know!

(((Ladypain))) - you are in my thoughts and prayers. You deserve better...

I am tired of parenting everyone else's kids at school. I wish parents would send their kids to school with food in their stomachs. I wish parents would see that their kids get a decent night's sleep. I wish parents would tell their kids that school is important. I wish that parents would tell their kids they love them...Sorry for the rant, and this is NOT meant for the many parents out there who do these things.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I have a cheap HP printer that is on a computer that operates a plotter for making 24" x 36" type permit drawings. I don't need a regular printer for that computer very often but once in a while it's handy so I bought the cheapo HP 6940 model that has been around for years. You can find this printer on sale for around $70.00 quite often. It takes two ink cartridges. To replace the ink cartridges costs around $75.00. I'm ticked off because the ink costs more than the printer.

I guess I could be really wasteful and just buy a new printer every time I need ink since the new printer comes with ink. Why does ink cost so much?

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I have a cheap HP printer that is on a computer that operates a plotter for making 24" x 36" type permit drawings. I don't need a regular printer for that computer very often but once in a while it's handy so I bought the cheapo HP 6940 model that has been around for years. You can find this printer on sale for around $70.00 quite often. It takes two ink cartridges. To replace the ink cartridges costs around $75.00. I'm ticked off because the ink costs more than the printer.

I guess I could be really wasteful and just buy a new printer every time I need ink since the new printer comes with ink. Why does ink cost so much?

I know exactly what you are dealing with. I have an HP scanner/fax/printer........it's sitting in a closet. I bought new ink cartridges and it refused to align. I ended up buying a cheap 40.00 canon printer because it was cheaper than buying new ink. ( and at least on this canon the cartridges are 16.00 not 30.00+)

Talking about printers and ink prices made me think of my phone. We were forced into a new company a while back because of a buy-out, and it is pretty much the only choice in our area for cell phones. We have always carried insurance on the phones, just in case, and have used it a couple of times. We ass-u-med that the insurance would work the same way with the new company. My ringer has quit working on my phone. To replace it with the insurance would cost me $150, when I only paid $50 for the phone in the first place! What a joke. I guess I will just have to deal with having a phone that doesn't ring, because there is no way I am going to pay 3x to replace the phone what I paid for it to begin with!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Talking about printers and ink prices made me think of my phone. We were forced into a new company a while back because of a buy-out, and it is pretty much the only choice in our area for cell phones. We have always carried insurance on the phones, just in case, and have used it a couple of times. We ass-u-med that the insurance would work the same way with the new company. My ringer has quit working on my phone. To replace it with the insurance would cost me $150, when I only paid $50 for the phone in the first place! What a joke. I guess I will just have to deal with having a phone that doesn't ring, because there is no way I am going to pay 3x to replace the phone what I paid for it to begin with!

Catinabag, Won't it vibrate? Mine has vibrate and flight mode..I use those frequently to shut the darn thing up.... If you can use these features perhaps , you can make due? Paying to have it fixed is nuts... Are they kidding, really 150.00? That's akin to highway robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Catinabag, Won't it vibrate? Mine has vibrate and flight mode..I use those frequently to shut the darn thing up.... If you can use these features perhaps , you can make due? Paying to have it fixed is nuts... Are they kidding, really 150.00? That's akin to highway robbery.
    Yep, it does. That is what I have been doing, but if I don't have it sitting on a hard surface, I don't hear it rattling away. It is irritating, but I will be making due--I refuse to pay that! Everyone knows it isn't working so if they need to get me, just to keep trying! I try to keep it next to me at all times, because I notice the little red light blinking on it more often than hearing it vibrate. It should be ok, barring some emergency with one of the kiddos at school or with hubby at work, God forbid!