Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 85

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    My AT&T nightmare may be coming to an end. I got this e-mail today:

I'll believe it when I see it but it's starting to look promising. Can you believe it took nearly 3 months to disconnect a service to a building I'm not in anymore. I really don't understand this since they can disconnect service from their office. I actually had to go get new Sprint cell phones because my AT&T cell phones were attached to this account and since I quit paying the bill trying to get this service disconnected, I didn't want to lose the cell phone numbers.
    Let us know when you get the final confirmation letter. Maybe ATT just got caught up in a thinny and couldn't find their way out!!

I'm so aggravated right now because I can't think clearly. I know that it's the weather, I feel like my head is floating away whenever the pressure drops, but I'm miserable and catch myself blaming the kids for it. Here I am: got through the flu writing my bit every day, keeping the house in order and everyone fed, but the weather throws me a curveball and I'm twiddling my thumbs, can't even follow words on a page to put some good reading mileage under me.

LongTallSally Guest

I am ticked off today because my husband contaminated my medical marijuana with nut proteins. I can't have my meds now and that is just so cruel. I hope he rots.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

My AT&T nightmare may be coming to an end. I got this e-mail today:

I'll believe it when I see it but it's starting to look promising. Can you believe it took nearly 3 months to disconnect a service to a building I'm not in anymore. I really don't understand this since they can disconnect service from their office. I actually had to go get new Sprint cell phones because my AT&T cell phones were attached to this account and since I quit paying the bill trying to get this service disconnected, I didn't want to lose the cell phone numbers.
    I jumped the gun a little bit thinking my AT&T issues had been taken care of. After I got the Aug 9th letter it took them 3 more weeks to disconnect the service. I got a final bill and the phone service had been credited back to May but I was still being charged for internet service and some long distance calls Since no one actually works at AT&T, I could not contact them by phone to discuss this so I replied to the last e-mail and explained that I was being charged for internet service. I got a response saying that there had been some internet activity and some phone calls on the account. As nicely as I could, I explained that was entirely possible since AT&T did not disconnect the service for over 3 months after we left the building and anyone with a computer or a phone could plug into the wall and use our service. I said, "the closing on the building was at the end of May and I have not set foot in that building since. Any internet use from that building wasn't me." Finally they agreed to credit that too. I think I'm done now.

The bottom line is that it took over 3 months to get phone and internet service disconnected from a building that had been sold and I was no longer in. I even quit paying the bill (money I didn't owe anyway) to try to get it disconnected and that didn't work either. What the hell is going on here. I don't understand this at all. Disconnecting a service is a very simple process.

I jumped the gun a little bit thinking my AT&T issues had been taken care of. After I got the Aug 9th letter it took them 3 more weeks to disconnect the service. I got a final bill and the phone service had been credited back to May but I was still being charged for internet service and some long distance calls Since no one actually works at AT&T, I could not contact them by phone to discuss this so I replied to the last e-mail and explained that I was being charged for internet service. I got a response saying that there had been some internet activity and some phone calls on the account. As nicely as I could, I explained that was entirely possible since AT&T did not disconnect the service for over 3 months after we left the building and anyone with a computer or a phone could plug into the wall and use our service. I said, "the closing on the building was at the end of May and I have not set foot in that building since. Any internet use from that building wasn't me." Finally they agreed to credit that too. I think I'm done now.

The bottom line is that it took over 3 months to get phone and internet service disconnected from a building that had been sold and I was no longer in. I even quit paying the bill (money I didn't owe anyway) to try to get it disconnected and that didn't work either. What the hell is going on here. I don't understand this at all. Disconnecting a service is a very simple process.
    I'm convinced it's about what a company or corporation knows it can or is likely to get away with when it comes to ripping-off a consumer. It's about money, period. To them it has become "good business practice" or "good policy", phrases they think but do not speak aloud in Board meetings when discussing profits. To us American citizens, who remember the day when we had better working relationships with companies, it bites. Because it's money to us, too. We can select a different company, making certain to let them know--though, nowadays you can't call AT&T! I love irony, even when it's sick.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'm convinced it's about what a company or corporation knows it can or is likely to get away with when it comes to ripping-off a consumer. It's about money, period. To them it has become "good business practice" or "good policy", phrases they think but do not speak aloud in Board meetings when discussing profits. To us American citizens, who remember the day when we had better working relationships with companies, it bites. Because it's money to us, too. We can select a different company, making certain to let them know--though, nowadays you can't call AT&T! I love irony, even when it's sick.
    What's really odd here is that I was trying to keep some of the services on this account like 2 cells phones and one of the 3 phone numbers. Because I had to resort to not paying the bill, I had to go get cell phones from sprint and dump my at&t phones because I didn't want to get my cells disconnected. I know that if I would have paid those bills trying to keep my cell phones, that there would have been some excuse not to give me the credit. Once I get my final bill straight, I'm going to go back and try to get the number back I was trying to keep.

AT&T used to have great service but not anymore. I had a service problem at my house a while back where I had no phone service at all (internet worked, however). It took 2 weeks to get a service guy out. I didn't really press it because I had internet and cell so it wasn't a big deal but AT&T always had same day service for issues like that. I think these big companies have gotten rid of all the employees, except for the ones that collect money.

Because I've learned that I haven't stopped getting migraines, I just started getting 'silent migraines,' which may not hurt, but last all day and prevent me from doing anything.

Ticked off today because all my animals are sick. My dog Uno has a wound in his left leg
    and he like to lick the wound, so we had to put that plastic collar on him and some
    sore salve on his leg so it's getting better. And my pony Asta have a
    rash and I probably have to wash her with some special shampoo
    and outside is already to cold to wash a horse. What will I do
    now??

(((Jojo and critters)))

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    Ticked off today because all my animals are sick. My dog Uno has a wound in his left leg
    and he like to lick the wound, so we had to put that plastic collar on him and some
    sore salve on his leg so it's getting better. And my pony Asta have a
    rash and I probably have to wash her with some special shampoo
    and outside is already to cold to wash a horse. What will I do
    now??
    Sending healing vibes your way Johanna. Do you have a stable/barn where you can wash Asta? ((((Uno, Asta))))

Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast