Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 87

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post

Sorry bout that. Would it be really bad to say that made me laugh.
    If it wasn't me that did it, I would probably laugh.

So...... I applied for and recieved a store credit account to purchase my furniture. I gave them my current Driver's License, Social Security card, my check card, and a credit card to validate my identity....Sounds good so far, right?

I receive the card today, and it has my last name as PRESNELL!!!
    Angry does not even begin to say how I feel. All my idenification has CULLER on it, and I filled out the application correctly.....After all, I legally changed back to my maiden name after the divorce...over two years ago, and I know who I am!!!!!
    I called the company (Capital One) and they informed me that they had old information for me in their recoprds, and told me that that I would need to send them a copy of my divorce decree in order to change my name!!!!
    WTF is wrong here? I legally changed my name over 2 years ago.... AND I provided the correct and proper ID when I applied....Why do I have to prove who I am when they obviously screwed up????

Sorry for the rant......I'm beyond angry & frustrated ♥

It may not be updated with the credit bureaus but still no excuse IMO. You might want to do a check (you get one free a year in any case and may be entitled to another because of this problem) of your credit bureau history with the major credit bureau companies to make sure they have current info to avoid future problems.

Absolutely do the free credit history check, especially if any were shared cards before. Make sure you name is correct and separate from any with the old name!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Your old name must still be attached your social security number somehow. I'm with Ms Mod here, you probably should start with the credit bureau reports. If those are not right, then this will keep happening. These things are really hard to get changed. It may be easier to marry your ex

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    So...... I applied for and recieved a store credit account to purchase my furniture. I gave them my current Driver's License, Social Security card, my check card, and a credit card to validate my identity....Sounds good so far, right?

I receive the card today, and it has my last name as PRESNELL!!!
    Angry does not even begin to say how I feel. All my idenification has CULLER on it, and I filled out the application correctly.....After all, I legally changed back to my maiden name after the divorce...over two years ago, and I know who I am!!!!!
    I called the company (Capital One) and they informed me that they had old information for me in their recoprds, and told me that that I would need to send them a copy of my divorce decree in order to change my name!!!!
    WTF is wrong here? I legally changed my name over 2 years ago.... AND I provided the correct and proper ID when I applied....Why do I have to prove who I am when they obviously screwed up????

Sorry for the rant......I'm beyond angry & frustrated ♥
    Maybe this will get you started...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsite...ts/index.shtml

Amazing how they can screw up ones information. Good luck getting it all straightened out. Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    It may be easier to marry your ex
    Oh, hell no!

Thanks, for the good advice, y'all.....
    I have a friend who works in the credit field looking into it for me as well ♥

I'm not exactly ticked off, just extremely disappointed. For a year now I've planned to do my nursing management on a specific ward, it's busy, fast paced and intense but they have a great team working there and I fit in with them perfectly. It was pretty much guaranteed that once I'd completed my management I would work there permanently. Today I found out the ward is closing down so everything I've been aiming towards has no possibility of happening now. I'm disappointed for myself, but absolutely devastated for the team that work there who will now be disbanded and placed in different areas.
    Just another reason I hate our current government. Bah humbug!

Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast