Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 88

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Yet again, the car is in the shop. They keep saying it's fixed. And they keep not fixing it. During the past month or so, it's been drivable for two days.

Nothing more depressing than car troubles. Hope they fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    Yet again, the car is in the shop. They keep saying it's fixed. And they keep not fixing it. During the past month or so, it's been drivable for two days.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Rodney Dangerfield once said, "My car has more vertical miles than horizontal miles."

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'd like to say two things: thank you for reminding me to call my dentist today and may I suggest your asking your dentist if s/he has nitrous oxide ("laughing gas"). Nitrous oxide is helpful for reasons both physiological and psychological. Physiologically, it "broadens the pain threshold", which means a person feels less pain while being able to tolerate it more. Psychologically, it helps by reducing anxiety, making the dental appointment overall a more tolerable experience.

Nitrous oxide might not be covered by your insurance, though you might find it affordable anyway.

Wikipedia reference-linkNitrous oxide
    Thank you for the support. Unfortunately, dentists do not use such things here, in Russia (hey, I wonder why...if it makes life much easier ). By the way, we also do not usually have insurances... Yeah, life is hard, I guess

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'd like to say two things: thank you for reminding me to call my dentist today and may I suggest your asking your dentist if s/he has nitrous oxide ("laughing gas"). Nitrous oxide is helpful for reasons both physiological and psychological. Physiologically, it "broadens the pain threshold", which means a person feels less pain while being able to tolerate it more. Psychologically, it helps by reducing anxiety, making the dental appointment overall a more tolerable experience.

Nitrous oxide might not be covered by your insurance, though you might find it affordable anyway.

Wikipedia reference-linkNitrous oxide
    Oh how I looooves that stuff, it really is a gas gas gaaaassss !
    Was a day them toof hounds passed it out like so many sugar free suckers, some would get ya good and plastered for just a cleaning...ohh for them good ol' days..you know, back when I had teeth ...hey now, in my head, I mean I got 'em, well, most of 'em (swallowed maybe a few), I just keep a mouthful in a cute little box on my dresser

LongTallSally Guest

I am ticked off today (only marginally) because I want to get a certain book off Abebooks but my new credit card is not here yet. I cancelled my old one in case it had been compromised by the Ex. I figured a bill ended up at the house after I moved out during that one day lag before the address change took with Canada Post. I won't leave myself vulnerable so they are sending me a new card. There were no unexpected charges so all was fine. I just need the new card so I can get the book before the cheap copies are gone! Arrrgh...

Tuesday morning I jumped in my truck and started it up and it didn't start right, it was like it kept trying to start after it was already started. I pumped the gas and that stopped it. I turned it off and started it a couple more times and had the same thing. I start to pull out of my driveway and I get a light that says "engine hot - turned off a/c." The truck had been sitting all night so the engine wasn't hot so I'm not sure what is going on. Then I'm driving down the road and I notice my temp gage isn't working (which probably triggered the engine hot message). The truck was running perfectly fine the night before so it's kind of weird all of this stuff is going on. I take the truck in to have it looked at and the problem was that some critter must have chewed some wiring up affecting the temp sensor and the fuel injection (that was causing the starting problem). Luckily, the mechanic was able to splice in the wiring without having to buy a whole new wiring harness (extremely expensive). I have never had something like that happen before. I hope my wiring isn't tasty enough for the critter to keep coming back for more. I'm thinking it may be a squirrel. I know from work, that squirrels love wiring for some reason. I have seen squirrels do a lot of damage in parking lot lighting when they will get inside the poles and chew up the wiring. I'm not sure what the attraction is but I've seen plenty of fried squirrels.

Update on my credit card trouble.....

I checked my information with all 3 major credit reporting companies.....they all have my current and correct information....as do social security and the DMV.

After doing some digging, turns out that Capital One is the issuing company for the fruniture store card I received with the wrong last name name on it.
    They had old information in their recores from 1999 when I had an account with them, and instead of checking my ID, etc with the credit reporting agencies, they simply issued the card using the name in their old records.....I'm still trying to figure out how they have the authority to decide which is my legal name, and still trying to run through all their tangled and matted up red tape.....I had to go to the store and have them fax a copy of the original application with the correct name, and my drivers license.

Now, I'm waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Update on my credit card trouble.....

I checked my information with all 3 major credit reporting companies.....they all have my current and correct information....as do social security and the DMV.

After doing some digging, turns out that Capital One is the issuing company for the fruniture store card I received with the wrong last name name on it.
    They had old information in their recores from 1999 when I had an account with them, and instead of checking my ID, etc with the credit reporting agencies, they simply issued the card using the name in their old records.....I'm still trying to figure out how they have the authority to decide which is my legal name, and still trying to run through all their tangled and matted up red tape.....I had to go to the store and have them fax a copy of the original application with the correct name, and my drivers license.

Now, I'm waiting
    What is strange about these kinds of cases is that the credit card company doesn't try to contact you when they have conflicting information. Instead they just blindly issue a card in the wrong name. A simple phone call from the credit card company would be a big help but I guess those long distance calls from The Philippines are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    What is strange about these kinds of cases is that the credit card company doesn't try to contact you when they have conflicting information. Instead they just blindly issue a card in the wrong name. A simple phone call from the credit card company would be a big help but I guess those long distance calls from The Philippines are expensive.
    Exactly!
    In the meantime......have they committed fraud for me by opening an account in a name that I didn't ask to use?

Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast