This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    What is strange about these kinds of cases is that the credit card company doesn't try to contact you when they have conflicting information. Instead they just blindly issue a card in the wrong name. A simple phone call from the credit card company would be a big help but I guess those long distance calls from The Philippines are expensive.
    The credit card issues remind me of one grip. Within no time it seems I have to replace my debit card because the magnetic strip starts to go. Although I think it maybe the retailers not cleaning their machines. At low traffic stores it seems to work great. At high traffic stores it sometimes has issues and they have to use the plastic bag trick to scan it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Exactly!
    In the meantime......have they committed fraud for me by opening an account in a name that I didn't ask to use?
    Wow...that's a good question. Anyone know a cop or an attorney who can answer that??
    It's easy enough to prove that the card wasn't opened with the intent to commit fraud, given that there are credit records that go back to the time you had an account with a different name, and have proof that your name has been changed legally since. The onus is on them, I would imagine, and it's THEIR problem to fix, both credit-wise and financially, not yours.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    At high traffic stores it sometimes has issues and they have to use the plastic bag trick to scan it.
    Yeah the ol' baggie trick always seems to motivate me justa tad more......ohhhh, not high traffic scores?....I'm so embarrassed

I would be getting me a copy of the orginal paperwork. Just so you yourself have proof.

I am extremely pissed off with Avon UK! I placed a big order with them on 19th October, which I should have received by the 24th...and I'm still waiting! I emailed them three times with no response except the generic receipt of my email being received. I finally crumbled and rang their call centre representatives earlier, who happen to be based in Mumbai, stating the amount of time I have waited is unacceptable and I want a refund, only to be told I can't have one until the products arrive and I return them to Avon. Laughable!

They are already six days late in arriving and they expect me just to wait and then waste my money posting the products back to them. He even told me to phone him back tomorrow--in Mumbai--if my order doesn't arrive today, despite being on the phone for twenty minutes today and being no further forward. I already know it isn't going to arrive since our postman has made all his deliveries, and my brother is a postman and checked the office and they don't have a package for me, but that wasn't good enough for this guy.

The part what really pissed me off? When I asked him for a name and number to include him in my complaint, he gave me a popular English name then asked me if I knew how to spell it!

Yes, Spidey is ticked. Why on earth would they be spraying for mosquitoes mid November? Haven't seen one in these parts for months. The temps are dropping too. A beautiful morning to open windows and enjoy "fresh air". Nope- the insecticide is heavy and thick in the air.
    Closing windows and trying to find my Tao.

(((Spidey)))

Ooo, ick. You must have those mutant November cold-air lovin' mosquitoes.

Sorry for the gross air. {{{spidey}}}

Spidey, Sending you calming vibes and hugs. (((Spidey)))

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Yes, Spidey is ticked. Why on earth would they be spraying for mosquitoes mid November? Haven't seen one in these parts for months. The temps are dropping too. A beautiful morning to open windows and enjoy "fresh air". Nope- the insecticide is heavy and thick in the air.
    Closing windows and trying to find my Tao.
    You know how government works. They have to spend that money in the budget whether you have mosquitoes or not. Can't leave unspent money in the budget.

It really does seem to be an odd time of the year to be spraying.

Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast