Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 91

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

LongTallSally Guest

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

I am ticked off today because one of my coworkers who has already had to beat brain cancer has been biopsied for breast cancer. She's scared and I'm scared for her. She's one of the nice people. Send her a bump of good energy, will ya? She's younger than I am.

Because I'm on jury duty and the air conditioner is broken as are all of the restrooms. The toilets don't flush and there's not water. And we've been sitting here all day and not one person has been called into a court room. It's like there's a social experiment to see who the first person to crack will be.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I got another call from my bank wanting to refinance my mortgage.

Almost every time I go to the bank, the teller takes my transaction and looks into the computer and says, "Did you know you could refinance and get a lower interest rate?" I say yes, but I'm not interested and she says, "why?" and I don't really feel the need to explain my reasons every time I go to the bank. I have an interest rate of 6% and a balance that has been paid down enough that I really don't think it's worth the closing costs and enormous aggravation of going through the process. I'm fine with my 6%, thank you. So every time I make any kind of transaction at the bank, I have to have this conversation. It's not the tellers fault (although that's who I feel like taking out my frustration on) but it's what the teller is being told to do. Anyway, after going to the bank and going through this conversation and clearly saying no, I then will get a call at home from a loan officer at the bank saying, "I heard you were thinking of refinancing." ARGGGG

Many many scam calls and emails for bogus Aflac jobs. I told them off a few times. Basically they say "I saw your resume online and you would be great for a position we have!" "Can you come for an interview tomorrow?"

Looked them up. They call a group of people in at once, give them a sales pitch and then tell you all you have to to is give them $600, pay for your training and office space and you can work for them. On commission, no salary.

grr. In these times with so many out of work, it's terrible. Screw that duck.

blah

I am not too ticked off but am a little worried. I am supposed to get replacement debit cards in the mail every November. A little while back I got the envelope in the mail that contains our pin numbers. Usually the debit card arrives in the mail shortly after. Well not this time! After waiting a week or so I called my bank yesterday to let them know that I hadn't gotten the cards. Their response is that I should have them by now.....Nope! Now the bank is going to reissue the cards with different numbers. ( I should have those in a week.....I hope) I have to keep close tabs on my bank account, since those cards can be used without the pin in certain places. ( I am switching all my funds to savings since the cards can't withdraw from there) It's just a major pain in the tush!!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    I am not too ticked off but am a little worried. I am supposed to get replacement debit cards in the mail every November. A little while back I got the envelope in the mail that contains our pin numbers. Usually the debit card arrives in the mail shortly after. Well not this time! After waiting a week or so I called my bank yesterday to let them know that I hadn't gotten the cards. Their response is that I should have them by now.....Nope! Now the bank is going to reissue the cards with different numbers. ( I should have those in a week.....I hope) I have to keep close tabs on my bank account, since those cards can be used without the pin in certain places. ( I am switching all my funds to savings since the cards can't withdraw from there) It's just a major pain in the tush!!
    This reminds me of getting the crap scared out of me a couple of weeks ago. I went to an atm and put my card in to make a transaction and the transaction didn't go through and I got a receipt that said account closed 0 balance. Of course this was on a Saturday so I had to wait until Monday to ask the bank about it. It made me very nervous. I was able to access my account on line and see that my money was a least visible on my computer screen if not on the atm screen. What happened was that the bank sent out a new card and for whatever reason, it didn't get to me and was returned to them in the mail. So that shut off my debit card access. It scared the hell out of me, however, when I was holding a slip of paper in my hand that said account closed, 0 balance. That can only happen on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    This reminds me of getting the crap scared out of me a couple of weeks ago. I went to an atm and put my card in to make a transaction and the transaction didn't go through and I got a receipt that said account closed 0 balance. Of course this was on a Saturday so I had to wait until Monday to ask the bank about it. It made me very nervous. I was able to access my account on line and see that my money was a least visible on my computer screen if not on the atm screen. What happened was that the bank sent out a new card and for whatever reason, it didn't get to me and was returned to them in the mail. So that shut off my debit card access. It scared the hell out of me, however, when I was holding a slip of paper in my hand that said account closed, 0 balance. That can only happen on a Saturday.
    Did the bank pay you a fee for your cancelled transaction on the saturday,and of course any stress and confusion they may have caused?Nope,probly not..

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Because I'm on jury duty and the air conditioner is broken as are all of the restrooms. The toilets don't flush and there's not water. And we've been sitting here all day and not one person has been called into a court room. It's like there's a social experiment to see who the first person to crack will be.
    http://youtu.be/b7l6jg4Hlog but what if Lloyd puts exlax in your coffee?That is not even human!!

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    Becks, superstorm Sandy maybe to blame. Several banks, credit card companies, as well as the USPS have notices up that some services were disrupted. Especially mailings. Depends on where the debit card was issued from and sent. Just keep your eyes open on the acct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Where in the hell are you, Tijuana?? -That description sounds like you're in a developing country, not L.A. county!
    Hopefully your number wasn't called for jury panel roulette, but your conspicuous absence this morning suggests you've been yanked into a courtroom to go through voir-dire.
    You poor thing.
    I can only hope you haven't been selected to weigh in on a lengthy trial. That does not make for much holiday fun, as you don't have time to properly Christmas or Hannukah yourself out with your loved ones.

I'd be pissed, too.

Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast