Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am ticked off today because... - Page 97

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Was what you "did wrong" actually given to you as productive feedback from the people who interviewed you, or are you just assuming you did something wrong? Failing at a job interview doesn't necessarily mean you made a mistake, or weren't good enough. You may have been perfect for the job, but so was the person who they offered it to, which is why it is important to receive feedback that may help you next time around. Good luck for the next interview.
    didn't get feedback, but there were some questions that I realized I could have given much better answers to. And some examples from previous work that would have been much more appropriate for this specific job.

it didn't help that I was a bit flustered when I first got there. I forgot what downtown is like. I was standing at the stoplight, and suddenly this guy jumps in front of me and starts singing and dancing a sh-boo-wop. I had to go about a 10 minute walk from the subway station. After getting past the sh-boo-wop man, there was a guy with all his worldly belongings sleeping in a bus shelter, various other homeless people.....and the directions from the public transit web-site direct me to walk through a laneway between buildings. (I think not!). So, I had to back-track and find a safer route. Got there with lot's of time, but it kind of threw my mind into the wrong place.....and I blew it.

LongTallSally Guest

I am ticked off today because there is inflammation around a portion of my spine and I can't dance/exercise much, therefore everything else now aches. I'm hoping a walk will loosen things up and I'll be cuddled up all cozy to a frosty ice pack later on. Life goes on, though!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    didn't get feedback, but there were some questions that I realized I could have given much better answers to. And some examples from previous work that would have been much more appropriate for this specific job.

it didn't help that I was a bit flustered when I first got there. I forgot what downtown is like. I was standing at the stoplight, and suddenly this guy jumps in front of me and starts singing and dancing a sh-boo-wop. I had to go about a 10 minute walk from the subway station. After getting past the sh-boo-wop man, there was a guy with all his worldly belongings sleeping in a bus shelter, various other homeless people.....and the directions from the public transit web-site direct me to walk through a laneway between buildings. (I think not!). So, I had to back-track and find a safer route. Got there with lot's of time, but it kind of threw my mind into the wrong place.....and I blew it.
    If you haven't done it, you still may want to follow up with a thank you note to your interviewers, a brief explanation for being "off your game", and included some of those better answers you thought of later. Some people actually leave off information in interviews, so they can follow it up on the personalized thank you note. These type of follow up communications sometimes have an immediate sway on the interview team, and sometimes a longer term pull. Some people that sent thank you notes after not getting the job originally, are called back, and given the job when the first person did not work out.

You know....that's not a bad idea. I was thinking about sending a short note.

It's been soooooo long since I seriously looked for a job, and I just wasn't sure what's "proper" these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    If you haven't done it, you still may want to follow up with a thank you note to your interviewers, a brief explanation for being "off your game", and included some of those better answers you thought of later. Some people actually leave off information in interviews, so they can follow it up on the personalized thank you note. These type of follow up communications sometimes have an immediate sway on the interview team, and sometimes a longer term pull. Some people that sent thank you notes after not getting the job originally, are called back, and given the job when the first person did not work out.
    I really appreciate this word, tenngolfer, as I too await a response from my job interview, impressed by how much it means to me. I've been wondering how long to wait before calling back. I think a note might be better.

I think it appropriate to remind all that it's still an employer's job market. Sometimes if we don't get the job it's due to others being more highly qualified or having some quality only the employer could identify, not due to our being bad at interviews or at being good people.

Beating myself up a little this morning. Poor Addie fell on our icy walkway and hit the back of her head really hard, I never want to hear that sound again. Thank goodness she's okay. I feel guilty because I knew the walkway needed salted but I just hadn't gotten around to it.

(((Addie))) Poor little pumpkin! But, don't beat yourself up. That's one of the hardest things about having kids, the falls and boo boos! I'm glad she's ok!

And with all the information in the news of late about head injuries, that probably isn't helping the guilt factor. Unless, of course, that hadn't occurred to you and now I'm bringing it to your attention and making you feel more guilty in which case I'm very sorry. That really is my weird sense of humor trying to make you feel better as there's probably not a parent around who hasn't done at least one thing and probably multiple things unintentionally that ended up in a similar situation. As hard as we try to be perfect and never ever do harm, we're human. The best piece of advice/perspective I ever got was from the second pediatrician (we won't go into how horrible the first one was) for my kids. It was that with your first child, you want to be perfect; the second child, you relax a little more, and by the third one, you pick the pacifier off the floor, wipe it off and stick it back in their mouth. It made me smile and relax and from then on, I knew it would be okay to make mistakes. Hope she's feeling better--she'll probably be over it long before you are as resilient as kids can be. Hugs to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Beating myself up a little this morning. Poor Addie fell on our icy walkway and hit the back of her head really hard, I never want to hear that sound again. Thank goodness she's okay. I feel guilty because I knew the walkway needed salted but I just hadn't gotten around to it.
    Poor Addie. Glad she's okay. Try not to beat yourself up too much, unfortunately accidents do happen no matter how much we try to prevent them. You didn't intend for her to get hurt so shouldn't feel guilty. I would buy her lots of chocolate/candy now, though...just because she's a girl and we like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    And with all the information in the news of late about head injuries, that probably isn't helping the guilt factor. Unless, of course, that hadn't occurred to you and now I'm bringing it to your attention and making you feel more guilty in which case I'm very sorry. That really is my weird sense of humor trying to make you feel better as there's probably not a parent around who hasn't done at least one thing and probably multiple things unintentionally that ended up in a similar situation. As hard as we try to be perfect and never ever do harm, we're human. The best piece of advice/perspective I ever got was from the second pediatrician (we won't go into how horrible the first one was) for my kids. It was that with your first child, you want to be perfect; the second child, you relax a little more, and by the third one, you pick the pacifier off the floor, wipe it off and stick it back in their mouth. It made me smile and relax and from then on, I knew it would be okay to make mistakes. Hope she's feeling better--she'll probably be over it long before you are as resilient as kids can be. Hugs to you both.
    ...and with the fourth, you pick up the pacifier and put it back in your own mouth.

Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast