This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Were you peeking in my window?!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Were you peeking in my window?!
    Yes...oops.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Beating myself up a little this morning. Poor Addie fell on our icy walkway and hit the back of her head really hard, I never want to hear that sound again. Thank goodness she's okay. I feel guilty because I knew the walkway needed salted but I just hadn't gotten around to it.
    Poor Addie. Glad to hear she is feeling OK and wasn't hurt herself. It's very icy now and we need to be careful.

Healing vibes for Addie. (((((Addie))) plus a few bear hugs too. Don't beat yourself up. It's part of raising children. What's her favorite treat? How about a surprise for her tonight-

went to dry clothes and the dryer died. Had to go to the laudromat. Forgot the cost and how long that takes.

Thanks for all the kind words. I think I was a little more upset than usual, since that boy Henry in our neighborhood died from falling off his skateboard and hitting the back of his head just a few months ago. Thank goodness Addie was fine.

I think I'll buy Addie a pack of Chuckles for tonight, those are her favorite!

Thanks for all the kind words. I think I was a little more upset than usual, since that boy Henry in our neighborhood died from falling off his skateboard and hitting the back of his head just a few months ago. Thank goodness Addie was fine.

Oh, crap, I completely forgot about that or I would never have teased you. Say sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Oh, crap, I completely forgot about that or I would never have teased you. Say sorry.
    No harm, no foul, Marsha. I've been teased by many a woman, you would not be the first. Anyway, that's a sign of affection in my book!

Not to put a damper on anything here but perhaps keep an eye on her for a little while to check for her level of consciousness. Sorry - but being a medical transcriptionist I know it can take a while before any symptoms show up.
    On a lighter note - what the heck are Chuckles? (and where can I buy some?)

I'm feeling pretty cr@ppy about myself today.

I used to babysit a girl a bit older then my son. When she had been here about a week, I talked to her mom and asked if she had autism....or something. I didn't think it was autism, but there were some similarities, for example she wouldn't make eye contact. It was important because she was not interacting with the other kids. I needed input from her mom on how much to push her to play with the other kids without upsetting her. Turns out the girl has a missing chromosome. One of the symptoms is a developmental delay.

After her mom no longer needed a babysitter we lost contact until a few weeks ago when my son and the girl met again. She invited him to her birthday party, and he was planning to go....but it was planned the only day my kids can all come over for Christmas (yes...we're still waiting to do that.). So my son called and told her he wouldn't be able to go. So, she calls and tells him it's the day before. But, he still can't get there. So, I called her last night.

Turns out the party is....just him.

i feel so bad, because she was so excited about this party. I just think of her as her....I forget that chronologically she is much older then she acts. And she doesn't have many friends.

i have promised her that within the next two weeks we'll have her here and I'll bake her a birthday cake. I'm trying to arrange it for next weekend....she doesn't do well with waiting (already messaged me twice on Facebook).

so, today I'm ticked off at myself. But I'm trying to fix it!