This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: I am ticked off today because...

Default Re: I am ticked off today because...

Yes, I let daycare know about it and they know what to look for in terms of possible concussion symptoms (grogginess, pupils, nausea, etc.) I came back last night to pick her up and Addie was doing cartwheels on a floor mat, no issues there!

Neesy, how can you not know what Chuckles are??? Basically they are gumdrops but in a candy bar packaging. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    I'm feeling pretty cr@ppy about myself today.

I used to babysit a girl a bit older then my son. When she had been here about a week, I talked to her mom and asked if she had autism....or something. I didn't think it was autism, but there were some similarities, for example she wouldn't make eye contact. It was important because she was not interacting with the other kids. I needed input from her mom on how much to push her to play with the other kids without upsetting her. Turns out the girl has a missing chromosome. One of the symptoms is a developmental delay.

After her mom no longer needed a babysitter we lost contact until a few weeks ago when my son and the girl met again. She invited him to her birthday party, and he was planning to go....but it was planned the only day my kids can all come over for Christmas (yes...we're still waiting to do that.). So my son called and told her he wouldn't be able to go. So, she calls and tells him it's the day before. But, he still can't get there. So, I called her last night.

Turns out the party is....just him.

i feel so bad, because she was so excited about this party. I just think of her as her....I forget that chronologically she is much older then she acts. And she doesn't have many friends.

i have promised her that within the next two weeks we'll have her here and I'll bake her a birthday cake. I'm trying to arrange it for next weekend....she doesn't do well with waiting (already messaged me twice on Facebook).

so, today I'm ticked off at myself. But I'm trying to fix it!
    You have a big heart, AnnaMarie, or you wouldn't be disappointed in yourself about this. You must take care of your own kids first. If you can include others while doing that you will, but when you can't you can't and it's not your fault. It would be one thing if you were to be intentionally cruel, but I sense that that would be an impossibility in your case. You're gonna have a great party when the time comes and so is the little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    I'm feeling pretty cr@ppy about myself today.

I used to babysit a girl a bit older then my son. When she had been here about a week, I talked to her mom and asked if she had autism....or something. I didn't think it was autism, but there were some similarities, for example she wouldn't make eye contact. It was important because she was not interacting with the other kids. I needed input from her mom on how much to push her to play with the other kids without upsetting her. Turns out the girl has a missing chromosome. One of the symptoms is a developmental delay.

After her mom no longer needed a babysitter we lost contact until a few weeks ago when my son and the girl met again. She invited him to her birthday party, and he was planning to go....but it was planned the only day my kids can all come over for Christmas (yes...we're still waiting to do that.). So my son called and told her he wouldn't be able to go. So, she calls and tells him it's the day before. But, he still can't get there. So, I called her last night.

Turns out the party is....just him.

i feel so bad, because she was so excited about this party. I just think of her as her....I forget that chronologically she is much older then she acts. And she doesn't have many friends.

i have promised her that within the next two weeks we'll have her here and I'll bake her a birthday cake. I'm trying to arrange it for next weekend....she doesn't do well with waiting (already messaged me twice on Facebook).

so, today I'm ticked off at myself. But I'm trying to fix it!
    You shouldn't be ticked at yourself, Annamarie, it's not your fault and it sounds like you're doing what you can.

Glad to hear she's fine fushingfeef. (My autocorrect keeps changing your name to fishing feed, lol.)

Ditto to what blunthead and fushingfeef said, AnnaMarie. I know it's hard because she doesn't understand with her not having a good sense of time issues but maybe there would be a way her parents could help, e.g. having her check the days off on a calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Ditto to what blunthead and fushingfeef said, AnnaMarie. I know it's hard because she doesn't understand with her not having a good sense of time issues but maybe there would be a way her parents could help, e.g. having her check the days off on a calendar?
    Good idea.

Excellent idea, MsMod. We did that with our special needs children in school.
    Don't feel ticked off. You are doing the best possible that can be done right now.
    You said she's contacted you twice on FB/ maybe you could do a count down on there with her- help her understand "Next weekend" .
    Like 7 days til the weekend-- then 6 days and so forth?

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Yes, I let daycare know about it and they know what to look for in terms of possible concussion symptoms (grogginess, pupils, nausea, etc.) I came back last night to pick her up and Addie was doing cartwheels on a floor mat, no issues there!

Neesy, how can you not know what Chuckles are??? Basically they are gumdrops but in a candy bar packaging. Yummy!

Maybe it is because I live in Canada? We just had a discussion recently about how popular Ketchup flavour potato chips are up here, yet they are apparently unavailable in the US. Also - do you know what a butter tart is? My brother moved to Cincinnati from up here and he could not believe that he couldn't find any butter tarts in the stores. I went down there and wanted some Tim Hortons (coffee and donuts) but all you guys had were Krispy Creme. So send some Chuckles my way as I would love to try them What a great name for a candy!

Never heard of a butter tart but we do have a lot of Tim Hortons now. They're giving Dunkin' Donuts a run for their money. Seems like I've seen ketchup flavor chips in the grocery store but since I'm not a ketchup fan, can't be 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    So send some Chuckles my way as I would love to try them What a great name for a candy!
    Just so you feel better - I had never heard of them either!

Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast