This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    I would cheerfully "do it" to a child molester...
    Do you happen to know one?
    Cause the point of the story is to do it to someone you really know, not someone who is not close to you...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Do you happen to know one?
    Cause the point of the story is to do it to someone you really know, not someone who is not close to you...
    I bet working in a prison he has met a few, and probably knows them better than he would like to.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    But, see, there is this point too:

    Many, many times I read about child-molesters and other monsters amongst us, and I live in fear that something like that could, God forbid, happen to my kid, or wife.
    And I thought to myself a million times what horrible things I would do to someone who would hurt my family.
    But, would I hurt the others in his life?
    Why is his/her brother/sister/mother/daughter/son to be punished for something he/she did?
    How did they deserve it?

    Like in the other story, " A Good Marriage " the BTK killer " came up, and how the real life`s BTK killers wife Paula never knew anything about the monster that Dennis Rader was and is.
    Why is she to suffer for something he did?

    Do you punish the innocent ones for something somebody else has done, just to make him/her feel bad?
    What about them? What evil have they done?

    Dear Uncle Stevie, thanks you once again..it`s always food for thought with you, Sai.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I bet working in a prison he has met a few, and probably knows them better than he would like to.
    Oh, I don`t doubt that, of course he does.
    But - are they friends?

    I have met killers, seen them face to face, but I don`t know them...nor do I want to.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.
    Posts
    1,957

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Yeah. I know a guy. Brought me down. A Low Man with a beaming voice and a perfectly fake smile. I got away, but that distasteful anchor is still tugging on me, dauging me down. I don't read the local paper much these days, but I always read the bottom of the front page, hoping to see his name in the Obit Notice. If I outlive him, I will attend his funeral and place a single red rose on his grave. In that scenario, I hope that I can contain my happy tears until I walk away from the few other folks in attendance.

    I liked the "Fair Extension" story. It was a fair extension of the "Thinner" pie.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Oh, I don`t doubt that, of course he does.
    But - are they friends?

    I have met killers, seen them face to face, but I don`t know them...nor do I want to.
    The question didn't specify it had to be a friend though, just someone in your life. They can be in your life because they have done something bad/hurtful to you or those you care about, not necessarily because you are friends. I most certainly would never dream of doing anything remotely bad to my friends, or I would not be friends with them in the first place. I am very picky about who I allow myself to be close to, so NO I would never consider doing anything harmful to a friend.

    I also stated there's two people I would like to see suffering caused to--and for very good reason--but I would never entertain the idea if it meant hurting those around them, as that is unfair. Yet if I was assured they would be the ONLY ones hurt then I would sign on the dotted line without a flicker of hesitation. Then I'd pull up a chair, get some pop corn, and sit back to watch/enjoy the show.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    14,129

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I also stated there's two people I would like to see suffering caused to--and for very good reason--but I would never entertain the idea if it meant hurting those around them, as that is unfair. Yet if I was assured they would be the ONLY ones hurt then I would sign on the dotted line without a flicker of hesitation. Then I'd pull up a chair, get some pop corn, and sit back to watch/enjoy the show.
    Hi,

    Change the names an smudge the details and and write the story.

    That's the best revenge IMO.

    Long days and pleasant nights

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    The question didn't specify it had to be a friend though, just someone in your life.
    " But it can`t be just anyone. The old anonymous sacrifice has been tried, and it doesn`t work. It has to be someone you hate. Is there someone you hate, Mr Streeter? "

    .....

    " If you mean in my personal life....."
    " I suppose I hate Tom Goodhugh..."
    " Who is he in your life ? "
    Streeter sighed. " My best friend since grammar school...

    ***manical laughter****

    " This is excellent, Mr Streeter" he said. " We can do buisness"

    ( SK - FDNS, " Fair extension )
    Maybe then I didn`t understand this part...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Srbo, I understand what you're asking AND saying...yes, I DO know quite a few-both at work and in the community...I would-without remorse, hurt THEM as long and hard as I possibly could...and by "extension" family that had caused or enabled their behavior, but not the innocent...I don't fancy myself Judge, Jury or Executioner-but when it comes to those that hurt, maim and destroy little ones-I would pull the trigger, flip the switch, drop the trapdoor etc, without compunction and I make no apology for it...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Srbo, I understand what you're asking AND saying...yes, I DO know quite a few-both at work and in the community...I would-without remorse, hurt THEM as long and hard as I possibly could...and by "extension" family that had caused or enabled their behavior, but not the innocent...I don't fancy myself Judge, Jury or Executioner-but when it comes to those that hurt, maim and destroy little ones-I would pull the trigger, flip the switch, drop the trapdoor etc, without compunction and I make no apology for it...
    Point taken, thank you, my friend.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •