This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

Default Re: Fair Extension...Could YOU do it?

Yep, if the law and circumstances allowed, I would walk up to the guy who terrorized me in school for several years and blow him away, no regrets, no remorse. He changed my whole mentality. Before high school, being overweight was embarassing enough, after that jerk off spotted me in the hallway? Three years later, after fighting, telling my principal, begging my idiotic parents to do something about it, my whole mentality switched over to cynical, agitated and overall just melacholy. This led to me abandoning my desire to be a biochemist and pretty much blew me out of the water for having any self-esteem at all. The only thing better fate I can think of for him would be to get the salesman from Fair Extension and Taduz Lemke to team up and come up with something truly diabolical I could do to him.

Oh yeah sure, there's one guy I could easily do it to. He's not in my personal life NOW, but he was.

Yep for me too. Just one person. I guess I will just have to wait for Karma.

Yep.

Right now I don't need an extension. I hope no one want's to take an extension on me...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi View Post
    I don't remember reading how Tom ever reciprocated to Streeter for everything he had done for him.
    He really seemed gratefull for the good Streeter had done him in the past. If Streeter did not want to do Tom's homework he could just have told him to get lost. Because the story is told from the point of view of Streeter, it is highly biased against Tom. Tom may have done many good things for Streeter we are not told about. Even good things Streeter did were for evil reasons, like when he gave Tom the loan in the hope that he would fail.

Because the story starts off with Streeter having cancer, we feel sorry for him from the start, but as the story unfolds we realize he's realy an evil man. I don't think Elvid chooses its client at random.

But the tale is not finished. Streeter's extension was fueled by all the bad things that happened to Tom. Pretty soon Tom will run out of energy and Streeter will be right back where he started.

I have a question... a friend of mine pointed some similarities between Leland Gaunt and George Elvid. Anyone knows if they are the same being, or related at some level?

Quote Originally Posted by Boni View Post
    I have a question... a friend of mine pointed some similarities between Leland Gaunt and George Elvid. Anyone knows if they are the same being, or related at some level?
    While reading I also was thinking that there was a lot in common between Mr. Elvid and Mr. Gaunt But still, I thought it was just another appearance of the devil (even his name says it), I also think the phrase

The souls of humans have become poor and transparent things
    proves that.

What about the main question that was put in this thread... Would I be able to do what Streeter did? I do not think so. First of all, I don't think I have ever hated anyone... Well, I may dislike a particular person, I may get irritated, annoyed, disgusted... But hatred - no, I doubt it. Though, the idea that sometimes most of all we hate the closest ones seems to be very interesting. Like thay say: Love And Hate Are Just One Step Apart.
    Anyway, I was expecting that Streeter would get his remorse in the end, seeing what he's done to innocent people (come on, what Tom's family has to do with it, why his children had to suffer? It is just unfair).

Well, to make a conclusion, I really loved the story... Actually, so far, I like all the stories in FDNS. This story in particular gives us something to think about. Just great. I would like to thank Sai King for writing this book, it is trully one of the greatest books I have ever read.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678