Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Real Ending to The Dark Tower - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

Default Re: The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

Well my ending is possible if it's on the loop where he still has the horn, and I assure you my ending is very possible, because it came to me directly from the Beam itself and is the true ending of the story.

Plus I stated right of I am by no means a writer, but that does not mean this is not the true ending of the story, ah real ending real peace, an end to the paradox, here Roland soul is saved, the dark tower is saved, and Gilead is saved and that was what Roland was trying to do all along.

I could care less about Stephen King and his inability to end this story, I care about Roland and that is the truth, and he now has peace his true mission has been accomplished.

Wisemo, I respect your opinion, but have to interject here, because you're scaring me man, with talk about "punishing" Stephen!!! Please keep in mind that The Dark Tower is Stephen King's story. He wrote it and the ending is HIS ending. I didn't much like the ending the first time I read it. In fact, I was pretty pi$$ed about it. BUT, after stewing for a few days I came to the realization that it was the ONLY ending that made sense. You may come to that realization one day too...if you don't, then I hope you find your own peace because you sound like you need it very badly.

This is the true ending, sorry i'm not a great writer, but it does not stop the facts. This ending is flawless it wraps up the paradox by having Roland live his life and never pursue the tower at the same time it elimates the threats to the tower being Martin and the Crimson King, it is a logical ending to the story, and makes everything come full circle, and accomplishes Rolands true goal to restore Gilead, it's the end of the wheel gives Roland peace, restores Gilead and saves the tower all at the same time, how you can say this is not the best ending and the true ending is beyond me. I know this because im 19 and have answered the riddle to how the story really ends. I'm 19 because I was born on 7/19/1981. 7 books in the dark tower series, 19 as the date of my birth, and 1981 adds up to 1+9+8+1= 19 this is why I'm the one who gets the riddle fair goose. Your just jelous on how flawless this ending is, and wish you had found a way to give Roland the peace he deserves.

Presumptuous, thy name is wisemo....I gotta give you cred for having the chutzpah to actually think YOU could give writing advice to one of the Modern Masters of story and pacing-however, having said that-it's as Ms. Mod says-you devised your OWN ending to satisfy YOU-not the rest of the true Constant Readers...we may not have liked the ending-but upon further reflection, you realize the true genius of it...I wish Old Yeller hadn't had to die either, but I wasn't about to send Walt Disney Productions another script-sometimes Skippy, you just have to put up with and try to understand things you don't like-but don't set yourself above someone that has decades of experience, and expect them to bend to your whims...

Quote Originally Posted by wisemo View Post
    This is the true ending, sorry i'm not a great writer, but it does not stop the facts. This ending is flawless it wraps up the paradox by having Roland live his life and never pursue the tower at the same time it elimates the threats to the tower being Martin and the Crimson King, it is a logical ending to the story, and makes everything come full circle, and accomplishes Rolands true goal to restore Gilead, it's the end of the wheel gives Roland peace, restores Gilead and saves the tower all at the same time, how you can say this is not the best ending and the true ending is beyond me. I know this because im 19 and have answered the riddle to how the story really ends. I'm 19 because I was born on 7/19/1981. 7 books in the dark tower series, 19 as the date of my birth, and 1981 adds up to 1+9+8+1= 19 this is why I'm the one who gets the riddle fair goose. Your just jelous on how flawless this ending is, and wish you had found a way to give Roland the peace he deserves.
    whoa.... i dont participate much but this post caught my eye. Unless you're being purposely 'off', I suggest you talk to your doctor. Anyone can be an armchair psychologist, and to think a diagnosis can be performed in one random forum post is ludicrous, but you sir, if being serious, may have something askew cognitively - one disorder in particular becomes apparent at your age...

I have read the dark tower many times, and have then listened to the damn thing on tape more times than that, this is why I was able to finally figure out a flawless ending, everyone is complaining about it yet no one is able to deny it being possible. Plus Stephen himself admits in the book it is not his story, so stop telling me it is, it's not that's why he got it wrong that's why I am able to fix it. This story is no more his, then the story the men wrote in the bible, this story belongs to only one man and that's Roland, and he set out to restore Gilead and to fix what went wrong with his world. Just because Stephen couldn't figure out how to do it shows his ending to be false. But I don't blame him he had been writing the book for over 20 years he just wanted to end it already, he never really was very good at seeing around corners so he took the easy way out, he has even admitted to coming up with a better ending along time ago and loosing his idea. I mean it took me 8 years to relies how Roland was able to fix things but I never gave up wondering how it was possible for Roland to finally receive his redemption. So shame on all of you for taking Stephens side, me I only care about Roland.

There's only 2 men in this world I love who are not my family, and that's Roland and Warren Zevon. Plus there's only one opinion I would value on my ending being good are bad and that's Mr King himself.

Quote Originally Posted by wisemo View Post
    this is why I was able to finally figure out a flawless ending.... he got it wrong that's why I am able to fix it.... Just because Stephen couldn't figure out how to do it shows his ending to be false. But I don't blame him..... . So shame on all of you for taking Stephens side, me I only care about Roland.
    Hi,

Hmmm, so low self esteem isn't your issue then.

Long days and pleasant nights

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast