Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Real Ending to The Dark Tower - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

Default Re: The Real Ending to The Dark Tower

Hahahahahaha!!! This thread is AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by wisemo View Post
    There's only 2 men in this world I love who are not my family, and that's Roland and Warren Zevon.
    Hi,

Umm, which part of 'fiction' do you not understand?

Long days and pleasant nihghts

...it came to me directly from the Beam itself ...Your just jelous on how flawless this ending is
    So is this how you are in real life, or just on message boards? Methinks we're being messed with by a troll.

Whew, Johnny D--You rarely get this fiesty! Sweet!

The way I've always seen it, Roland HAS to keep going, in circles (or Ka wheels, do ya) until...well, god forbid, Stephen dies. That's the only real ending to the Tower saga, folks. Most, if not all, of King's fiction is tied to the Tower; as long as it stands, it will be threatened by the Crimson King and his minions, and ol' Roland must always be there to back 'em off. I dunno...just kinda how I see it.

Besides, it aint the destination, but the JOURNEY that matters. People are SO obsessed with damn endings these days--if the last page doesn't blow their heads off they whine and moan. Whattaya want? A tacky, M. Night Shamylan twist? Oh, Henry...grow up!

I actually LOVED the ending to the books, I think if Stephen wrote what actually was in the tower, whatever it might have been, I think people would be dissapointed. I didn't want to know what was in the tower, because I knew I was going to be dissapointed! So I think it was the best ending, because it hasn't really end has it? He got a new chance to make everything different when the Tower gave him the Horn. So it started over again with Roland chasing the man in black through the desert.

Now that you mention it...I believe that I'm the chosen one...therefore I should conclude the Dark Tower. After all, I was born in the year 1972 (add those puppies) to be more specific 04-15-72 (Oh, S-N-A-P). I too was once Nineteen. Due to an accident on an ATV...I lost my pinky finger on my right hand...Count those digits (yep, I got 19) When I lost my finger the pain was excruciating and I ended up hooked on pain killers...want to guess how many of those I popped a day???? To support my drug habit i began robbing and stealing...got caught on 19 counts...I be damned if I didn't get 19 years. hahaha...I can go all day!

Seriously I love your passion...but it is not real...Roland is a character!! A GREAT one, in a GREAT story!!!! with a great ending...give it a few years...it will sink in.

This is the true ending, sorry i'm not a great writer, but it does not stop the facts. This ending is flawless it wraps up the paradox by having Roland live his life and never pursue the tower at the same time it elimates the threats to the tower being Martin and the Crimson King, it is a logical ending to the story, and makes everything come full circle, and accomplishes Rolands true goal to restore Gilead, it's the end of the wheel gives Roland peace, restores Gilead and saves the tower all at the same time, how you can say this is not the best ending and the true ending is beyond me. I know this because im 19 and have answered the riddle to how the story really ends. I'm 19 because I was born on 7/19/1981. 7 books in the dark tower series, 19 as the date of my birth, and 1981 adds up to 1+9+8+1= 19 this is why I'm the one who gets the riddle fair goose. Your just jelous on how flawless this ending is, and wish you had found a way to give Roland the peace he deserves.
    Wow, you really put a lot of thought into the 19 thing hey?!? Too bad you didn't put that much thought into your previous posts in this thread.

I have read the dark tower many times, and have then listened to the damn thing on tape more times than that, this is why I was able to finally figure out a flawless ending, everyone is complaining about it yet no one is able to deny it being possible. Plus Stephen himself admits in the book it is not his story, so stop telling me it is, it's not that's why he got it wrong that's why I am able to fix it. This story is no more his, then the story the men wrote in the bible, this story belongs to only one man and that's Roland, and he set out to restore Gilead and to fix what went wrong with his world. Just because Stephen couldn't figure out how to do it shows his ending to be false. But I don't blame him he had been writing the book for over 20 years he just wanted to end it already, he never really was very good at seeing around corners so he took the easy way out, he has even admitted to coming up with a better ending along time ago and loosing his idea. I mean it took me 8 years to relies how Roland was able to fix things but I never gave up wondering how it was possible for Roland to finally receive his redemption. So shame on all of you for taking Stephens side, me I only care about Roland.
    You know its just a story right?

Quote Originally Posted by GLewman View Post
    Hahahahahaha!!! This thread is AWESOME!
    I agree. Its a riot!

Its gotta be a troll, no one is this seriously messed up right?

I would like someone to actually find a flaw to me wrapping everything up, then just trolling me and calling me crazy, and yes I am that crazy crazy enough to set things right.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast