This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 146

Thread: The One Hundred and Twelfth

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

    And cross-hairs were impeccable?

    Long days and pleasant nights
    Not at all. Inflammatory speech has been a constant from all political parties throughout history, and in all nations. We don't regulate inflammatory speech, because that would mean regulating ALL speech. While all evidence has not been released, the shooter seems to be a left leaning nut, and nothing indicates that he was a follower of Palin. If that turns out to be true, shall we, instead, blame Obama for saying that we should bring a gun to the fight?

    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...e-bring-a-gun/

    I think that would be just as ridiculous as what is being said about Palin. Using the deaths to promote a political ideology is in poor taste, no matter which ideology is being promoted. Watch, within the week, the right will be using the deaths to bludgeon the left, and it will still be disgusting.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Left leaning nut? What I've heard has him ranting about the government being too involved in our lives and that no one reads the Constitution. Since when has that been something left-leaning ideologists have been accused of? On the contrary, liberals are constantly being accused of wanting too much government and violating the Constitution.

    But as for it being disgusting, I'll agree with you on that.


  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    14,129

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    the shooter seems to be a left leaning nut,
    Watch, within the week, the right will be using the deaths to bludgeon the left, and it will still be disgusting.
    Hi,

    A week you say, eh?

    It seems to have started already.

    As far as I can see, his reading matter consisted of Mein Kampf and the Communist Party manifesto, so he was BOTH a left and right wing nut.

    Although I've said before that I think that conceptions of left and right wing are gross and dangerous over simplifications suitable for the 20th century, but the world has moved on.

    Ka is not a straight line with left at one end and right at the other.

    Ka is a wheel.

    Long days and pleasant nights

    Pee Ess - And I still think that bullets should cost $5000 each.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Dancing in the blood of the victims to promote a political ideology is in poor taste.
    Sir, I wasn't dancing and I'm sorry if you thought
    It was an agenda I pursue, for it is not.
    Not unless you mean, of course, that violence never works
    And that it is hateful speech that motivates these jerks.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Dancing in the blood of the victims to promote a political ideology is in poor taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Not at all. Inflammatory speech has been a constant from all political parties throughout history, and in all nations. We don't regulate inflammatory speech, because that would mean regulating ALL speech. While all evidence has not been released, the shooter seems to be a left leaning nut, and nothing indicates that he was a follower of Palin. If that turns out to be true, shall we, instead, blame Obama for saying that we should bring a gun to the fight?

    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...e-bring-a-gun/

    I think that would be just as ridiculous as what is being said about Palin. Using the deaths to promote a political ideology is in poor taste, no matter which ideology is being promoted. Watch, within the week, the right will be using the deaths to bludgeon the left, and it will still be disgusting.
    That was a perfect example of dancing on a pinhead.

    Palin wants to be an controversial icon spouting all kinds ideological buzz words to sell her product, well than she has to take the good (cha-ching) with the uh, to put it mildly, not so good, especially when it's so well deserved.
    She had her chance to be stand up about all this, but instead she had her "Tweet Assistant" twit (oh my word, but I'll leave it), how that bullseye (Palin's own words) could have been just as easily been confused with a symbol on a map legend...she blew her big chance (not a big surprise now is it?), and will continue to so...pathological people like Palin never take responsibility, for anything, even if caught red handed in the cookie jar, unless they can see how they can get more out of it by doing so!
    Ya know, it just might be interesting to see if she throws her assistant twit under the bus...plausible deniability, right?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Left leaning nut? What I've heard has him ranting about the government being too involved in our lives and that no one reads the Constitution. Since when has that been something left-leaning ideologists have been accused of? On the contrary, liberals are constantly being accused of wanting too much government and violating the Constitution.

    But as for it being disgusting, I'll agree with you on that.
    His classmates say he was a liberal. Like I said, it is early and the facts are still coming out. You won't get all of the story if you are watching liberal news sources.

    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...im-hes-liberal

    This is not conclusive evidence, though, just opinion. Mein Kampf and Communist Manifesto are not exactly TEA Party indicative. More socialist, or white supremacist. Giffords was Jewish, so maybe he was a Jew-hater? Still waiting on the facts before I form my opinion.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    14,129

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    she blew her big chance (not a big surprise now is it?), and will continue to so...?
    Hi,

    Probably.

    And I'll refrain from commenting that Scary Sarah sux, oh yes, I will!

    Long days and pleasant nights

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    That was a perfect example of dancing on a pinhead.

    Palin wants to be an controversial icon spouting all kinds ideological buzz words to sell her product, well than she has to take the good (cha-ching) with the uh, to put it mildly, not so good, especially when it's so well deserved.
    She had her chance to be stand up about all this, but instead she had her "Tweet Assistant" twit (oh my word, but I'll leave it), how that bullseye (Palin's own words) could have been just as easily been confused with a symbol on a map legend...she blew her big chance (not a big surprise now is it?), and will continue to so...pathological people like Palin never take responsibility, for anything, even if caught red handed in the cookie jar, unless they can see how they can get more out of it by doing so!
    Ya know, it just might be interesting to see if she throws her assistant twit under the bus...plausible deniability, right?
    Palin is just another politician. She is going to be just as inflammatory and deflecting as most other politicians. I don't see the point of trying to pin the massacre on her, unless the goal is to suppress freedom of speech. ESPECIALLY, since there is ZERO evidence connecting her to the shooter. If the facts reveal that they are connected, I will concede those facts, but I will not concede that it justifies suppression of free speech. I think Congresswoman Giffords would say the same thing.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ6XMfL3pvs

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    His classmates say he was a liberal. Like I said, it is early and the facts are still coming out. You won't get all of the story if you are watching liberal news sources.

    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...im-hes-liberal

    This is not conclusive evidence, though, just opinion. Mein Kampf and Communist Manifesto are not exactly TEA Party indicative. More socialist, or white supremacist. Giffords was Jewish, so maybe he was a Jew-hater? Still waiting on the facts before I form my opinion.
    I'd watched CNN, NBC, and listened to NPR. No idea if CNN is liberal minded as I don't normally watch it but NBC seems to report both sides. What they're reporting has him all over the place. No offense, but instead of going straight for the left leaning nut, you might have taken your own advice about not putting comments that slant to one side.


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,884

    Default Re: The One Hundred and Twelfth

    My prayers are with Gabrielle Giffords and her family. May her road to recovery be a swift one.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •