This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: who should Play Roland

Default Re: who should Play Roland

Did you really mean Tim Robbins? He's tall--I've seen him in person here in Bangor. Just checked and he's reportedly 6'4" and I'd say that was accurate. Clint Eastwood had been 6'4" in his younger days but is now reported at 6'2".

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Did you really mean Tim Robbins? He's tall--I've seen him in person here in Bangor. Just checked and he's reportedly 6'4" and I'd say that was accurate. Clint Eastwood had been 6'4" in his younger days but is now reported at 6'2".
    That's how I remember it, but if he's 6'4" then it must have been someone else.

Now, if it was Tim Roth, that I could picture happening.

After watching the Oscars I'm not so sure I could buy into Javier Bardem as Roland. The look would be fine - with blue contacts of course - but his accent is really strong. Maybe he is able to hide it like some other actors do?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Now, if it was Tim Roth, that I could picture happening.
    Clint Eastwood would just have to lift him.

I've never read the Dark Tower series. My brother has. He thinks they're great, so I've added them to my things to read list. Based on the suggestions other people are making, I think Josh Brolin might be a good pick. He did a good job as the villain in True Grit. He's about in his late 30s or early 40s, I think. Dennis Quaid, on the other hand, is about 50. Is Roland that old? If so, Harrison Ford would be too old. What about George Clooney? He's not a great actor, but he did an excellent job in Michael Clayton. Maybe he would be able to connect with the character of Roland equally well.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Clint Eastwood would just have to lift him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannedice View Post
    I've never read the Dark Tower series. My brother has. He thinks they're great, so I've added them to my things to read list. Based on the suggestions other people are making, I think Josh Brolin might be a good pick. He did a good job as the villain in True Grit. He's about in his late 30s or early 40s, I think. Dennis Quaid, on the other hand, is about 50. Is Roland that old? If so, Harrison Ford would be too old. What about George Clooney? He's not a great actor, but he did an excellent job in Michael Clayton. Maybe he would be able to connect with the character of Roland equally well.
    I hope nobody here will tell you how old Roland is, that's something for you to ponder when you experience his quest.
    As for Clooney? Nope! I love his handsome face but the character of Roland needs a GREAT actor to portray him. That's what he (we) deserve.

I think Hugh Laurie would fit perfectly with those piercing blue eyes of his, and he always has that scruffiness look about him. He does great with masking an accent as well if needed. I dont really think an accent is really going to be a problem for anyone. A role like this would really give Hugh Laurie the chance to show off how good of an actor he really is, only problem would probably be everyone waiting for him to say something witty and smart ass like, like he does in House but hey that should be ok right? I also think Josh Brolin would be really good for this role, he always seems to have that western, gunslinger quality about him. just some thoughts.....just sucks we gotta wait a couple of years to actually see this

I wish wish wish this cast were possible. So good with Roland, Eddie, and Susannah.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast