This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I don't know, Anthony Hopkins could be a good choice here, as Hannibal he has the power to 'charm' you with his voice while at the same time being menacing, maybe swarmy is the right word I'm looking for?
    Hi,

Sir Anthony Hopkins IS Ted Brautigan to me!

Long days and pleasant nights

I like Curry as the voice, although King saying he wanted to do it was cool. Also If you've seen "Moon" Kevin Spacey does a mean robotic voice lol.

had to do it being as this is the casting news thread....I wish we had some "actual" new casting news in this thread, i usually say it once a week & don't think I've whined about it this week yet so...lol. Maybe I'll hammer AICN to try to hit up bardem for a comment on the role, or even something from Howard would be nice. La Times got asked Bardem to talk about the Bond role and he commented saying he had even talked/met with the director Sam Mendes, but still nothing about DT we don't even know if he's met with Ron & DT part came before the bond part sooo... I just hope they aren't waiting on Bardem to commit before offering other roles as he is notoriously slow to commit to projects from what i've read online.

I vote for Aaron Rodgers as Roland. He's got the eyes, the moves, the steely determination. And I've seen him do some great acting too...

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    OH CRAP! I never even thought about Billy Bob! Hah! That'd be sweet! Whoah...He's gotta show up somewhere in this thing...maybe in the 'Calla! Lordy, Billy Bob could sling some mean Calla-speak, now couldn't he?

(Heck, I'm so jazzed--my nipples will be hard for weeks--and I'm a dude!)
    LOL...that is so funny....thanks for the laugh.

I heard Jim Carrey in my head the first time Blaine spoke. Still think he would be awesome lol.

I think I need to watch a few of Bardem's movies now.

Quote Originally Posted by smpflueger View Post
    I think I need to watch a few of Bardem's movies now.
    I watched No Country For Old Men a couple days ago. It was very good IMO. Bardem played the role very well. I'm curious to see how he'll do playing Roland.

Holy crap! After hitting google up yet again I finally came across a wee bit of info. Of course nothing about Bardem saying yay, nay, I like to lay in hay. But it did mention Ron Howard is moving on with casting Jake and more. Yays! A wee bit of news! Woot!
    Now Bardem needs to says something....please....AND THAT IS THE TRUTH.
    Heres the bit from the article...

"OUT OF THIS WORLD: While Stephen King fans are absorbed in the hot speculation over Ron Howard's plans to adapt the novelist's "Dark Tower" series for film and television, Howard and co. are moving forward with casting for the first "Dark Tower" movie.

A potentially career-making role for an under-11-year-old boy is that of Jake Chambers, described as "the only child of an upper middle class Manhattan family who has visions of another world and is convinced he has something of cosmic importance to do" — while his family believes he's mentally unhinged. The flick is due to commence production in September in New York, with a 2013 release date already slated."

and the link: http://www.gouverneurtimes.com/dfw-s...-guesting.html

Of course with my luck this will turn out to BS or something......

Dont know any actors to fit that description right away. I'm stuck thinking of the lil boy (too old now tho!) who was in sixth sense...slender, pale, blonde hair perhaps...idk.Theres bound to be lots of talented youngsters who'd fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by CCAL View Post
    Dont know any actors to fit that description right away. I'm stuck thinking of the lil boy (too old now tho!) who was in sixth sense...slender, pale, blonde hair perhaps...idk.Theres bound to be lots of talented youngsters who'd fit the bill.
    Yeah, Haley Joel Osment, I thought of him, too; for Jake. Despite his age I think it could be made to work. I really believe, though, that this role will be filled by a newcomer.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast