This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

Out of the 3 names seriously considered, I would have listed him second. But I'm pretty happy with all 3 of them, so whoever gets it is good in my books.

I agree with Timophy Olyphant though, that dude does Cold like nobodies business! Hes fantastic in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That's one of the interesting things about being partly colorblind -- I don't notice things like that. What color are Bardem's eyes?
    Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Brown
    Hi,

I think they'll have to use coloured contacts as I think it's important that Roland's eyes are blue.

But then, I would say that, wouldn't I?

I'm still hoping for T-Bone Burnett to get the (huge) job of coordinating the music.

Long days and pleasant nights

I've never seen Bardem in anything so all I've got to go on is that he doesn't look like the Roland in my mind

I really think Hugh Jackman would be the best choice for Roland of the current choice of actors. But what do I know?

And hey, it's Steve's story, so if he is happy, well then what else is there to say...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

I'm still hoping for T-Bone Burnett to get the (huge) job of coordinating the music.
    Most definitely John. I am assuming you have seen 'Crazy Heart"? He did a fantastic job with the music in that. I also think Danny Elfman's composing abilities should make an appearance in the DT.

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    And hey, it's Steve's story, so if he is happy, well then what else is there to say...
    Hi,

Exactly, that's my attitude to any decisions at all on casting and etc. to do with he movies.

If it's okay with him then I'm happy.

Long days and pleasant nights

Pee Ess - I dreamed recently that they used the original Ennio Morricone music from the spaghetti westerns but remixed by one of the current crop of remixers - David Guetta, Tiesto or Jay-Z maybe. Well, it sounded great in the dream anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Will be interesting to see if they have him wear tinted contacts or will just skip over the blue bombardier's eyes.
    What will be will be, but that is a very resonant detail and I wouldn't want it left out.

I think he's a great choice. Known, but not too well known. Good looking, but rugged. I'm just so stoked for this project to get underway!!!!!!!!!

I think that they would have him wear contacts. It's done all the time.

I'm happy as a clam with the decision! Bardem is a good actor, and can be a mean bastid. Gotta have those contact lenses, though, cause "Won't it make his brown eyes blue..." (Yeah, like anyone remembers Crystal Gayle...)

Oh, this is good news--worth drinking over! And I'm so glad it won't be Viggo--he's a fine actor, but for me, he's no Roland. "The man in black fled across the desert, and the dude that played Aragorn followed..." Ugh...

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast