Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Official Casting News - Page 22

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

He has a son named Scott Eastwood who is an actor. His son, Kyle, is a musician.

Wow, he is handsome, isn't he?

He also has a son named Kyle, he is a musician. http://www.kyleeastwood.com/
    He looks a lot like his Daddy, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    He does, but it's a daughter that I recall....
    Wow thank you Ms.Mod! His son does look incredibly like him. If he's as fine an actor as his father, he'd make a great Roland IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Wow thank you Ms.Mod! His son does look incredibly like him. If he's as fine an actor as his father, he'd make a great Roland IMO.
    Actually - he's closer in age to Eddie - that's where I'd put him.

Quote Originally Posted by marywhip View Post
    Sam Elliott would be perfect for the role of Roland!! And that voice-- very distinctive!!!
    I think Sam Elliot is a little bit too old to play Roland. He definitely could play the part of Rolands father, Stephen Deschain. I think that Sam Elliot looks and sounds like Roland's father. Sam Elliot could possibly also play Cort.

Well, I'll have to admit I had a strong negative reaction to Javier Bardem playing Roland. I think he's a fine actor, as well as a good guy, and deserves some kind of part in the film(s).
    However, this is a fantasy story, and as such, occurs in a fantasy land...that is to say, a land where the language presumably is a fantasy language as well. Far be it from me to wax profane about the language spoken in the DT series, but one thing is sure: while Bardem speaks excellent English (fie to the poster who wrote otherwise), his accent readily and strongly identifies him as a Spaniard. Ixnay on Ardembay.

I'm all for thinking outside the box and casting against type; however, the role of Roland is one where I believe casting a stereotype will pay off, one that is part Indiana Jones, part Paul Newman and part Clint Eastwood; part Lone Ranger and part Chaucerian fabled character. What do all those individuals have in common? -They're all white men. It's important that this man be a straightforward, unapologetic cowboy type.

I understand Bardem has now inked with Imagine, so it's a done deal unless there are major creative differences.
    I'd much rather the role have gone to Viggo Mortensen, Hugh Jackman, or Timothy Olyphant; Russell Crowe, Jake Gyllenhall, Simon Baker and Brad Pitt also occurred to me.

It's too bad Heath Ledger isn't with us. He would have been a perfect Roland.

I'm just grateful we don't have to put up with Tom Cruise as Roland, Seth Rogan as Eddie, and Megan Fox as Susannah.

They better get moving.

I know the role of the Crimson King is such a small role, but I think it is certainly very important. Just as important as Roland or the Man In Black. The Crimson King is the whole reason for the story and he needs to be played by someone who can be crazy and be memorable and do so dressed in make-up. I'm thinking Tim Curry. Wouldn't he make a great CK? He certainly made for a great Pennywise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Long View Post
    I know the role of the Crimson King is such a small role, but I think it is certainly very important. Just as important as Roland or the Man In Black. The Crimson King is the whole reason for the story and he needs to be played by someone who can be crazy and be memorable and do so dressed in make-up. I'm thinking Tim Curry. Wouldn't he make a great CK? He certainly made for a great Pennywise.
    I would love to see Gary Oldman in this role.

FALSE!!! I give you Scott Eastwood, son of Clint Eastwood. He's an actor as well and plenty young, but with makeup it's not hard to make him a bit more grizzled and weathered.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast