This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

Anyone who has a problem with the casting choice really needs to re-watch (or watch) "no country for old men". Determination in the goal no matter what cost or sacrifice made and he is mostly silent throughout the move. He gives a very real weight to Roland. He also has an accent which is beneficial not a draw back because Roland is -not- from our world. His written language, his speech and everything about him is other worldly determination. Rarely have I ever seen an actor do this better then Barden. This is what they were looking for. Not what we saw in our minds when we read the books but someone who can convey an entire character through mannerism. They can give him make up and contacts and even change his face shape if they need to to get the look but they would loose out greatly if they choose someone based solely on Mr Kings physical description.

Dont think the role of Eddie Dean has been addressed yet, but everytime I read DT, I always visualize Gary Sinise in Eddies role-particulary after he kicks that monkey off his back...course he is too old for Eddie.

i always envision Elijah Wood. He's famous for being all sweet in "Lord of the Rings" but what about "sin city" and "the good son"? freaking homicidal!

ha- good point! I just couldnt understand why I always hear Gary Sinise every time I read DTs-guess theres no real logic, I just connected with him on the Stand and my mind shifted and put him in as Eddie. Hello Eddie! lol

Quote Originally Posted by CCAL View Post
    ha- good point! I just couldnt understand why I always hear Gary Sinise every time I read DTs-guess theres no real logic, I just connected with him on the Stand and my mind shifted and put him in as Eddie. Hello Eddie! lol
    Hii,

I know exactly what you mean, I'm re-reading Under the Dome at the moment and I really see Barbie as Gary Sinise (a few years ago).

I guess he's just about the archetype of a King hero, eh?

Long days and pleasant nights

You know, with all the DT duality that goes on, I think of Sinise more as Roland then Eddie. He seems far too serious for my taste of Eddie. That's why I think of Elijah because he's got such the sweetest easy-going face that someone could easily love but then he could totally flip out! I also think Thandie Newton should play Susannah/Odetta/Detta. If you don't know who she is watch the movie "Beloved". She's simply amazing.

soooo...i just rewatched joss whedons 'firefly'...

and i'm thinkin'.....well, let's just say any good fan of the katet ought to seek out the entire series, and the movie, 'serenity'

almost all of your casting decisions could be made by just renaming the characters...wouldn't even have to change their garb much

notice fillion with that gun...yeah, baby

once the movie hits...and you're disappointed...just go watch 'firefly' and see how it shoulda been done....how close it already was

Ray Romano and Justin Bieber?

REALLY?!

I think I just died...what a DISAPPOINTMENT! WORST choice, or one of them Howard could have made.
    Ray is a totally lifeless, humorless has been ( who is TO OLD to play Eddie ) and Justin...excuse me - HOW MANY MOVIES did he make so far, how much experience does he have?
    WHAT A JOKE!

PS:

I really hope form my heart that that is your April 1st joke.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast