Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Official Casting News - Page 32

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

Here are my picks
    Roland Deschain: Hugh Jackman or Viggo Mortensen
    Eddie Dean: Joseph Gordon Levitt
    Susannah: Zoe Saldana
    Jake: Unknown actor
    Callahan: Clint Eastwood
    Walter: Gary Oldman
    Crimson King: Andy Serkis
    Jonas: Sam Elliot
    Stephen King: Wouldn't work in a movie

the graphocs for Mr Kings books is awesome a lot like Alex Ross but I am not up on all "buzz" in the art world.
    Mike C

Quote Originally Posted by jesusqueso1942 View Post
    Here are my picks
    Roland Deschain: Hugh Jackman or Viggo Mortensen
    Eddie Dean: Joseph Gordon Levitt
    Susannah: Zoe Saldana
    Jake: Unknown actor
    Callahan: Clint Eastwood
    Walter: Gary Oldman
    Crimson King: Andy Serkis
    Jonas: Sam Elliot
    Stephen King: Wouldn't work in a movie
    If they cast Hugh Jackass as Roland I will be quite upset.

I don't want to see too many familiar faces when they finally cast/make this series. I'd rather not have an preconceived notions about any of the main characters.

That being said, I love Timothy Olyphant for Roland. It'll never happen and he's already done similar characters, but he'd be great imho.

I started a thread, rooting for Clint Eastwood. I remember reading that Stephen King saw him when he was young, on the big screen and he was his inspiration. While I read the Dark Tower, it was Clint I saw, and walked with through the journey. What greater achievement for Clint, to be Roland. He is one of the last real gunslingers, movie wise, that's still standing. It's only fitting he is Roland.. he started it all sparking it Stephen's head. I hope, hope, hope, it's Clint. He is amzaing, and the PERFECT Roland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I have the official go-ahead to announce that Ron Howard/Universal has offered Javier Bardem the part of Roland. I do not know if he has accepted the offer but chances are they wouldn't make this announcement if he wasn't considering it. The announcement was made through Deadline Hollywood--here's the link for the full story.

I did say this on other replies.. but will say it here just for u.. Maybe those penetrating piercing blue eyes, of clint.. should be Rolands dad then.. whats ur thoughts on that?

Just want to add, that Stephen King did the most amazing job with the Gunslinger, Dark Tower Series. Once i started reading it, i couldn't stop reading it, and had to have another and another.. book i mean. I love to read SK, but find other novels hard to read, they don't hold my attention. I have friends who read the original Dark Towers Series, and had to wait twenty years to read more, was happy by the time i was hooked, they were done. Those readers are excited though, that there are addtions to the new series, and they cant wait to read those. The older novels must be collectibles by now. Anyway.. Just wanted to give Coodoos to Stephen King, it is, in my opinion, the best series novels, and the biggest that ever will be. His greatest achievement of all time. I would never part with my gunslinger novels.. and want to thank him for all his years of hard work.

And pss.. Clint Eastwood as Rolands father?? what an idea?

J/J, SK fans are bossy fans indeed.

Cheers

At his current age, Clint would be perfect as Cort, Roland's trainer and mentor.
    Tim Olyphant too boyish looking!
    Viggo Mortenson too thin!
    Javier Bardem Uhhhhh I could live with except maybe too Hispanic looking. I will leave casting to the professionals. They usually do a great job!

I still think Daniel Day Lewis would be the ultimate Roland but I've come to think Javier Bardem is a near perfect choice. I watched No Country for Old Men again recently for the hundredth time and thought his stone cold look would be perfect for the gunslinger. He indeed looks like the type of man that could let Jake fall to his death. I'm sure Hollywood will give him the right look and as far as acting goes I'd say he's a damn good actor.

Lol, I guess that answers my question then. I began searching the Internet on how to contact Stephen King to express my interest in auditioning for the part, but it appears to be already taken. I thought that "ka" might help to intervene, so I will keep my hopes high. I'm only a small-time actor, but the way that the Dark Tower series fell into my lap seemed too funny for coincidence. I dreamt of the book before I ever knew it existed. I then found the series totally by accident, not originally being a fan of Stephen King. I look like Roland, I'm a Police Officer and small time actor and dream of worlds and universes beyond our own. Either way, I'm excited to see this amazing series hopefully come to life. If anyone happens to become aware of any type of auditions or information concerning the movie, please contact me at AntonOrion5@aol.com

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast