This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

I've slept on the news, and after trying to read all the posts I had to stop. Books are magical because we all form our own thoughts and visions of the people in them. Nobody making a movie is ever going to get it right, because everyone's version of right is different. I love the passion here, but in reality it's a movie that many people will see who haven't even read the stories. Their reaction will be most interesting because they have no opinion yet.

Unreg Guest

please dont cast him and please no russel crowe either take a look at viggo mortensen for roland he has the look he has done westerns and most importantly he is an amazing actor PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! look into it viggo is tour man all you have to do is give him a chance and he wont dissapoint you

I just finished the DT series over the summer. This was the young lady I had in my mind when I was thinking of Susannah. Her name is Marsha Thomason. I noticed her on a LOST episode some years ago.

28 June 2012
    Photo by Nigel Parry.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I just finished the DT series over the summer. This was the young lady I had in my mind when I was thinking of Susannah. Her name is Marsha Thomason. I noticed her on a LOST episode some years ago.

28 June 2012
    Photo by Nigel Parry.
    This is exactly who I've been picturing too.

One of the Great Actors of the Current Era but alas not right for Roland Deschain. Features are too round eyes to dark. Need an Anglo ethnicity for this part. I am a firm believer of casting native-americans for native american roles, chinese for chinese roles etc. etc..... I Personally call out to Gan himself to try and land Andrew Lincoln(the walking dead) for the part. and for pete's sake let frank darabont in on helping ron howard direct some scenes or the tv series or something. Not that ron howard would normally need help but in this situation i think everyone would benefit.

differnt people differnt visions of roland. but i agree russell is the wrong one. after i read the first novel about 17 years ago i had no one in mind. after i waited so long for the german translation i was happy about the audiobooks, because i havnīt the time to read so much, kids and work. so i listen to the 109 hours 4 times and since i saw josh brolin in planet terror i had him in mind, the face because the guy is too short and russell are too short and to klumsy. roland is tall someone with 180cm isnīt tall. between 180cm and 185cm are only5 cm but a body moves diffrent with or without the 5 cm. and james cromwell is Cortland 'Cort' Andrus. and for susanna, mmh she must have power. do not forget that she had no big trouble to win a fight with eddie and tied him like a bondage slave. but serena williams can act. so please all of no modelbeauty can play susanna. and she is also taller than eddie (book 5).

never seen him in anything, looked him up on imdb and all his movies look boring. plus i realy dont think he looks the part.

who's 'him' gilligan....

personally...i'd prefer an unknown...someone just starting out...someone who can bring something special...and stick with the whole project

none of the names mentioned are small enough to last the several years that this project will take to reach completion...all are too big to stick it out, go through what it will take, and any sane person knows that...several are too old to do the 5-10 years and have it make sense

we used to not have such a problem...casting unknowns, giving new people a chance...the studios just did it...and we, the viewing public, accepted new faces when the time was right and the production good

this project more demands a presence that will carry through on the whole not a overly recognizable face: it is the story...not he who tells it

Quote Originally Posted by FLITTER54 View Post
    No! Viggo as Roland, he has the right look and wears western gear very well.
    too short

Hi-
    new to the community but have been reading the Dark Tower series for little under a year- just started on Song of Susannah; would love to see it adapted to film like LOTR, although with a lot of apprehension...would be concerned that the entire feel of the series and characters would be lost...
    Javier Bardem??...hmmm...a much better choice than Russell Crowe I reckon, but I always imagined Roland as being played by someone like Sam Elliot (think Ghost Rider and you'll know what I mean!)

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast