This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

I've seen NOTHING new on this subject since October. Has the movie/TV series been cancelled?

Not that I'm aware of but I don't have any updates to pass along at this time.

So...I know I'm joining this conversation late. But can I just say that I am not looking forward to the movie version? I have read the series twice and have such an emotional attachment to all of the characters that I can't imagine a movie doing them all justice. My heart breaks when I think about it. I have actually started my third go round some time ago...I just love this series.

After watching Revolution I'm convinced Colm Feore is the best to cast as the Man in Black. He was great in Story of the Century but after watching his character Randall Flynn in Revolution how could you pick anyone else.

What about Russell Crowe or Hugh Jackman? I thought about them in the beginning...

I believe the actor from Hell On Wheels (Anson Mount) should be Roland. To me he is Roland!!! When I was building an image of Roland in my head it was Anson Mount, however at the time I read the series Anson Mount was not yet famous or had played the role on Hell on Wheels. When the show first aired I said to myself oh my God, that is Roland Deschain!!! I just hope someone sees this post and at least takes a look at Anson Mount before final casting; there is no better for the role of Roland than him!!

Thanks,
    Tabitha

Tabitha??? Tabitha King?

Anson could be a good Roland. There seems to be quite a few good choices. It depends on if the actor is willing to devote the necessary time to the films.

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    Tabitha??? Tabitha King?
    Not unless she moved and didn't let any of us know.

Some Anson Mount pics so people can see...

Interesting...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cann...y-white-whale/

After getting rejected by two studios on an ambitious multi-platform treatment of Stephen King’s seminal novel series The Dark Tower, Grazer, Howard, Akiva Goldsman and King streamlined their original ambition to adapt nine volumes into three features and two limited-run TV series. Now, Media Rights Capital is committed to make a single movie with Russell Crowe as the gunslinger Roland Deschain, with more movies coming if the first gets results. This isn’t set in stone, as Grazer tells me that he has just been approached by a Silicon Valley investor willing to finance Dark Tower as originally constructed, Now it’s a matter of deciding what path to take.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast