This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Official Casting News

Default Re: Official Casting News

Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post
    Russell Crowe is a way better choice than Javier Bardem IMHO. Crowe is much more rugged (the movie 300?!) I keep thinking about Bardem in Vicki Christina Barcelona and getting a tad grossed out! I think Crowe has more of an innate sense of Roland's character.
    I was thinking of Gerard Butler! Who I actually can see as a gunslinger over Crowe, but that's probably because I'm a fan. I agree that Crowe would have to be much leaner to pull off Roland's character.

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie, but I couldn't help but give you my two cents on this one....how about Viggo Mortensen? I mean, he was pretty much the equivalent of a Gunslinger in Lord of the Rings....just used a sword instead of a gun.

Cheers,

GB

Aaron Paul has expressed interest in playing Eddie Dean on twitter.

I know this conversation has evolved over the years and the series/movies are remaining a mystery as to whether or not they will be made. I was disappointed to read that the production was dropped the way it was.

Has anyone proposed Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the part of Roland? I'm just tossing the idea for conversation I suppose. Bardem and Morgan seem like they could be kin in half the shots I see them in. I think Liam Neeson could pull it off also, but I've always liked what he's done. Any Irishman that can effectively play a hillbilly next to Patrick Swayze has my vote for performance ability.

Quote Originally Posted by William Higdon View Post
    I know this conversation has evolved over the years and the series/movies are remaining a mystery as to whether or not they will be made. I was disappointed to read that the production was dropped the way it was.

Has anyone proposed Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the part of Roland? I'm just tossing the idea for conversation I suppose. Bardem and Morgan seem like they could be kin in half the shots I see them in. I think Liam Neeson could pull it off also, but I've always liked what he's done. Any Irishman that can effectively play a hillbilly next to Patrick Swayze has my vote for performance ability.
    Yes, he and Bardem are almost twinners, doppelgängers...

doppelgänger dop·pel·gäng·er \ˈdä-pəl-ˌgaŋ-ər, -ˌgeŋ-, ˌdä-pəl-ˈ\ noun, : someone who looks like someone else 2: a ghostly counterpart of a living person

Quote Originally Posted by William Higdon View Post

Yes, he and Bardem are almost twinners, doppelgängers...

doppelgänger dop·pel·gäng·er \ˈdä-pəl-ˌgaŋ-ər, -ˌgeŋ-, ˌdä-pəl-ˈ\ noun, 1: someone who looks like someone else 2: a ghostly counterpart of a living person

You can say that again!

But seriously I saw Javier Bardem recently in Skyfall and he just gave me the creeps. He was good in No Country for Old Men. Perhaps it was the weird blond hair in Skyfall but I did not like him at all.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637