Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Is it a Good Read? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it a Good Read?

Default Re: Is it a Good Read?

I enjoyed reading UTD.

I thought that it was a great read, with vivid real characters, interesting ending though!

Yeah, I though so but the difference is very big. Font size of this book is small and size is average.
    Anyway, I started reading it the last night - it looks interesting! I'm trying to catch with all these characters.

It was good overall...but I was a little disappointed with the ending.

I thought it was a great read with very real characters who i really cared about ... the end though is interesting.

My favorite thing about reading Stephen King is meeting the people, and there are a lot of people to meet in this story. There are things about it that I didn't like . . . well . . . one thing, really . . . one really, really BIG thing . . . but it's a very good read if you enjoy character creation and a plot that moves right along (even if it doesn't always make exactly what I would call sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
    My favorite thing about reading Stephen King is meeting the people, and there are a lot of people to meet in this story. There are things about it that I didn't like . . . well . . . one thing, really . . . one really, really BIG thing . . . but it's a very good read if you enjoy character creation and a plot that moves right along (even if it doesn't always make exactly what I would call sense).
    Think about when as a child you played with an ant hill, the ants were under your 'dome'. I think Mr. King was suggesting that those people under the dome were captives of alien children who watched them scurry about until their mothers called them home!!

I may be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off but that's what I got from UTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
    There are things about it that I didn't like . . . well . . . one thing, really . . . one really, really BIG thing.
    Hi,

Would that be the CheneyBush relationship of two of the principals?

Long days and pleasant nights

Dome is so good it's stupid. I had goosebumps all the way through it. Vintage King, my bubbas. I didn't like the end because I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END!

I mean, come on--if ya didn't dig DOME, are you sure you're really a King fan? What more do you want?

Same deal w/FDNS. Both of these books read like OLD SCHOOL KING. I think ol' Boy is getting meaner in his elder years. Keep it comin' Uncle Stevie!

CONSTANT READER FOR LIFE! NO PANTS, NO PROBLEM!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Would that be the CheneyBush relationship of two of the principals?

Long days and pleasant nights
    Actually, John, it was the Dread-Pirate-Roberts ending that I didn't like.

The dread pirate, Roberts, you may recall, was the dastardly villain who killed everyone he met, but decided not to kill the farm boy, Wesley, because he said "please." I suppose it's an odd thing to get hung up on, but we all have our own little idiosyncracies. It's just that, during the reading, the way the story was paced and the way the "hero" simply sat around doing nothing, I had myself firmly convinced that Mr. King had introduced us to all those people and spent so many pages getting us to love or loathe them (depending upon our tastes), only to kill them all off in his grand, climactic explository (I just made that word up).

Of course, my rational side knew that wouldn't happen . . . and when everything I'd been following so faithfully for so long turned out -- once again -- to be nothing at all . . . well . . . let's just say I was disappointed (again).

I think maybe my expectations are too high.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast