This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free!

Default Re: drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free

i have a 1st/1st version of The Drawing of the Three- my ex gave it to me-the last thing he gave me before he dumped me for a twenty year old

DT2 is the my fav!!!

Default Re: drawing of the three -- safe thread for first-time readers. safe and spoiler-free

I am LOVING this book! I got to spend some relaxation time by the pool on vacation and managed to read almost the entire thing. Would've been able to finish it, except for the hubby and kids. I like it so much I don't want it to end! I'm sooooo glad there are five more books after this one!

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEMIEE View Post
    hey i got one - randall,i know your reading through this again- i just heard him say

he and cuthbert gunned down allan ??? where would that be - was it ever told ? (its before door three when he hands the gun to eddie)

i'm hearing so much more this time round - awesome !!!!!
    Hi, Sheemiee!

Yes, I am re-reading the series at the moment, thank you.
    I don't believe that Steve really goes into that here, though. Perhaps it's in W&G, or Wolves..?

("All things serve the Beam")

I'd love to contribute to this thread further, but I'm off to see The Waste Lands. Yay!

The Tower beckons..

("All things serve the Beam")

2 down, 5 to go ...

I liked The Drawing Of The Three, but was stricken by how different it was from The Gunslinger - not in a bad way, just very different.
    One thing which bothered me a bit was

how "easy" and coincidental (ka?) Roland is crippled in the beginning - it is the "motor" for the rest of the book, but it seems like the attack on Roland just had to be done with, to get the real story going. Having accepted that, I enjoyed the book a great deal.

Now: into the wastelands!

Just finished The Gunslinger audio book today, and started DT 2. I've been a King fan for over 30 years, but this is my first time with the DT series. I'm really getting into them, looking forward to listening to them all.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

I just finished The Drawing of The Three & I have to admit, I liked The Gunslinger better......but I'm glad that I read TG first instead of skipping it, I think I would've been lost. I did like how it ended though, how the three characters were drawn & how Roland had a different experience w/each one. I have to admit about the adult subject in the book, especially about Odetta...I was cringing at alot of stuff but glad she was able to resolve Detta...& thank goodness at what happened to Jack Mort, what a horrible person!! The best part was the brother-type relation growing between Eddie & Roland, they seem to be growing to care about each other. I'm willing to continue on w/the next book because I want to find out what happens next.

I just started reading this series of books, and am enjoying it immensely. I just purchased a copy of "The Drawing of the Three". Signet Novel edition. I found a surprise inside: this book stops at page 277 then continues at 373 (not numbered incorrectly, but missing text). When one reads on to 420, it skips back to 325 and then continues to the end of the book. Net result: you are missing 48 pages of text at one spot, and have 47 pages of duplicated text in another. book ISBN: 978-0-451-21085-2

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanc55 View Post
    I just started reading this series of books, and am enjoying it immensely. I just purchased a copy of "The Drawing of the Three". Signet Novel edition. I found a surprise inside: this book stops at page 277 then continues at 373 (not numbered incorrectly, but missing text). When one reads on to 420, it skips back to 325 and then continues to the end of the book. Net result: you are missing 48 pages of text at one spot, and have 47 pages of duplicated text in another. book ISBN: 978-0-451-21085-2
    You should be able to return the book for a replacement. Printing errors happen occasionally, but retailers are usually pretty good about replacing those books.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I believe someone posted about this misprint in another thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast