Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion - Page 13

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Default Re: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

I'm against abortion, too. So I have never had one. But it's not my choice. It's each woman's choice. And nobody has any right to make her do anything to "qualify" for it. It is LEGAL in this country. Period.

Why do so many men think that it's not a difficult decision? It's not like a woman just casually says; "Oh, I think I'll get an abortion today after my manicure." It is a VERY difficult decision. And making it harder on the woman is not going to do anything but cause undue emotional trauma. It's hard enough already to get an abortion, what with so few qualified doctors (who can blame them when they are used for target practice by the religiously deranged?) and with self-righteous jerks yelling at you as you go in the clinic (even if you're only there for a check-up you'll get yelled at because these idiots don't care). This is, plain and simply, a religious roadblock to womens health care. And we don't make laws according to religious dogma. This is about control. Men controlling women. It has always been about control. If you'd read my article, you'd know this.

You want lower abortion rates? Make birth control cheaper and easier to get. Teach sex education in the schools. Tell teens about the consequences of unprotected sex. Show them pictures of STD symptoms. But making abortion next to impossible to get will only give us more poverty and sickness and starvation and death. Because, while these horrible religious nuts care SO much about a fetus, they don't give a rat's arse what happens to an unwanted baby after it comes. Hypocrites.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

Well, we could begin by placing more value on life. That seems to be the bottom line, before and after. I'm not aware of anyone, man or woman, who has minimized the decisions one faces with a pregnancy. A society can be moral w/o being religious. We can all agree that the commandment do not murder applies whether we attend church, or not.

Name calling never changed anyone's mind, although it may take some of the pressure off the boiler inside. All that is, is so much rants behind the glass of the monitor, whether or not those w/control call it such or not.

But maybe if we started placing more value on life--there's many couples who cannot have children for one reason or another. This happens. There is a demand for life. That demand is strong. Unfortunately, rather than reward the bearers of life, we have chosen the other route. How much easier would it be for a woman to carry that life if she was rewarded when that life is born? How many couples have spent a lot of money trying to conceive, trying to adopt, trying to share in that life that too many too often want only to avoid?

Hi, I appreciate your post, Sigmund. Thank you!

I realize that this is a very controversal topic (it certainly isn't one-sided,) and everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and choices. Nevertheless, I will always stand by my previous statement: abortion is murder. Period.

I agree, abortion is murder. For me. I still have no right to force another person to live by my standards. Period.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by omm poppa mow mow View Post

But maybe if we started placing more value on life--there's many couples who cannot have children for one reason or another. This happens. There is a demand for life. That demand is strong.
    Hear Hear, I'm all for valuing life!!!
    A strong demand for life, hmm, now that I'm not so sure about.
    I mean there's a whole lot of kids out here (some actual orphans, so many more not), that could sure use a couple that can't have children (or even ones that can), many of which that are supposedly on that very front line of valuing life...and often very strongly, and vocally, on that same front line.
    Well okay, value it if it's poppin' fresh out the oven that is, I mean really, just how many want bread from the day old bread store anyway...now personally I don't mind, I often find it's a great value.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Hear Hear, I'm all for valuing life!!!
    A strong demand for life, hmm, now that I'm not so sure about.
    I mean there's a whole lot of kids out here (some actual orphans, so many more not), that could sure use a couple that can't have children (or even ones that can), many of which that are supposedly on that very front line of valuing life...and often very strongly, and vocally, on that same front line.
    Well okay, value it if it's poppin' fresh out the oven that is, I mean really, just how many want bread from the day old bread store anyway...now personally I don't mind, I often find it's a great value.
    I'm reminded of a number of things, e.e. cummings poem(s). Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in the ______, nine months young. Or it is old? Or maybe it isn't even e.e. cummings? But you bet, Pat! I get what you're saying: some like it fresh.

By demand, consider the young couple who wakes up to find the wife is carrying not one, oh no, that'd be too simple. They wake up to find they are the proud parents of not one, not twins, but seven, eight, sheesh, what's the record? Eight or nine? I recall a story from the last year or so where everyone seemed to be deadset against the lady who gave birth to whatever number it was.

So...on the one hand you have couple who for whatever reason cannot have a baby. They go to all manner of length and breadth to have a baby. What happens? Something. A prayer is answered, with feeling, and they now have ten. Oboy! Oboy! Or, Okay, Houston, we have five boys, three girls, and we haven't had time to check on the others! Help!

So...yes, there is a demand for life. There is a demand other kinds of life, transplants. People what, die all the time waiting for that kind of life? So yes, there is a demand for life. You'd think there'd be a way to help them out.

And maybe there'd be more who would seek adoption if they didn't find that there was someone somewhere more than ready to kick the **** out of them every time they put one step forward. In other words, perhaps the system set up for that needs a look at? You think? Is there an adoption center on every corner? Are they federally funded?

Quote Originally Posted by randallFlaggfan1 View Post
    Hi, I appreciate your post, Sigmund. Thank you!

I realize that this is a very controversal topic (it certainly isn't one-sided,) and everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and choices. Nevertheless, I will always stand by my previous statement: abortion is murder. Period.
    out of your post one part really stands out "everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and choices" and this is the very reason why Abortion should remain legal and this silly notion of forcing a woman to listen to the hearbeat should be put in the trash.

I totally respect your view on the subject as I do everyone elses .... but regardless of whether someone believes it is murder ... it should always come back to the choice of the individual and respecting that persons choice. (not having a go at you individually - I am not familiar with your views on the choice vs no choice discussion - just others on here are very hard line on making it illegal)

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by omm poppa mow mow View Post
    So...yes, there is a demand for life.
    You make very good points, and I agree with every one of them.
    But I'll stick with my assertion that there isn't any kind of a "strong" demand for actually giving a life to a child that needs one, unless it's brand spankin' new..uhh, brand unspanking new, to be politically correct that is..no 1-800-kids calls please..
    And ya know, I'm not sure all that many of those are in a very high demand if they're not so perfect...and hey, I get that, I mean even each and every couple that have their own children, want theirs to be perfect in every way.

My point is really about the screamers, the shouters, the practically militant (I'll not include the actual militant, they shouldn't be allowed near a carnival goldfish), and especially, the politically pandering politicos.
    All who talk a good talk, but most don't seem all that very interested in doin' the actual walk, and while it's true many can't afford taking in another human being into their homes, especially with special needs (the ones that need a loving home the most), a whole lot 'em of sure could is what I'm sayin'!
    Now while I know there are some seriously hip & happenin' folks are out there to be sure (sooo many pro choice by the way, maybe even more), being everything from foster parents, to actual adoptive parents to older children, volunteering in homes for unwanted children and/or even actual orphans, become mentors to kids with no one else, by and large it's just a lot of talk, talk more often than not, fueled by religious convictions, and with no other considerations than that...just self righteous make themselves feel good, talk.
    That's great, folks can have those religious convictions, any religious conviction in this country, but in this country, they can stuff those, along with their weekly pittance right into in the collection plate, when it comes to telling another human being what they can or can't do with their own bodies.
    Or here's a really novel idea, they can step up to the plate, because talk's (and that pittance) cheap, and a hell of lot cheaper than raising a child that nobody else wants.
    Right here in my little corner of the world, a corner that is very "pro life" (and really, who isn't pro life), our local family services is literally begging for foster homes, and that's not hyperbole, they're begging.
    They're putting up billboards and actually sticking placards (just like political and those, "Make 500.00 A Day Working From Your Home" signs) in yards all over the county, taking out newspaper ads, stapling sheets on poles, and sending out flyers in those bags along with the grocery flyers they can never seem to get anywhere near my door ...I'm willing to bet my county isn't the only one.
    So where in the hell is all of those "pro life", all human life is sacred, we care more than all of you baby murderin' anti life gonna burn in hell sinners, at?

Now while the desire and deep personal convictions to save the unborn is a most noble & worthy cause, unless there's an equal desire & conviction from the same kinda folks to stand up and save the already born, it just sounds a lot like a lot of folks are just wanting something akin to baby farms for those that have that strong desire, that strong desire for only a newborn that is...the blatant hypocrisy turns my stomach, and makes me angry.
    Nah, while there is a demand for some life, there's no strong demand, at least for the have already have been living for a while, and really, especially for the more out spoken among them, what could possibly be the difference between an unborn, an infant, and a ten year old, or a teenager?
    You know, if life is life, and the unwanted are the unwanted, and all the unwanted children need to be saved, and all that really cool & groovy stuff?..so what's the difference?
    Just seems to me, that some are more unwanted than others, most a lot less, and some not at all...eh, too bad, life's tough, and them's just the breaks I suppose, and I reckon once your already past your prime and the no longer an infant expiration date, it's the ol', 'God helps those that help themselves', thingy.
    And whole bunch of 'em will, when they finally hit the streets at eighteen, but thankfully we have prisons, and are building more, and so many privatized ones too, so I guess there's a lot of 'em that can end up being contributors to society after all, at least in some small way, well, to a shareholder that is...can I get an Amen!
    Heeyyy Batter Batter Batter!...ah man, they stepped up to wrong plate..again.

I had a cousin that became an orphan when he was 10. He fell into that "unwanted" category PITH. He had some serious emotional issues and needed 24 hour supervision. I was surprised to learn that there were foster homes that specialized in kids with his problems. The one my cousin ended up in probably saved his life. The couple in charge were strong people though and my cousin considers them more of his family than the one he lost (which was a horrible situation itself). I'm not sure I would make a good role model for kids...I tend to treat them like adults...You know...with all the cussing and dirty jokes and laughing at bad behavior when I shouldn't be. My brother frowns a lot when I'm hanging out with my niece and nephew and they start saying things like JESUS CHRIST! Or telling the car next to us to "STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE YOU DIRTY BA***RD!" With me laughing afterward, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by GLewman View Post
    I'm not sure I would make a good role model for kids... :
    Hi,

Ya think?

Long days and pleasant nights

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast