Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion - Page 16

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Default Re: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by randallFlaggfan1 View Post
    While I'm sure that everyone's in agreement about pro-life/pro-choice being the "crux of the matter," I believe it's much more complicated than that.
    Would you care to expand as to why you believe this?

I agree it is complicated. Unfortunately I don't have time to mention my beliefs at the moment--I hear a collective sigh of relief --yet I shall return next week. In the meantime I'm interested in the reasoning behind your statement if you'd like to share.

no, randy, you are quite wrong...it is not more complicated...it is about freedom, something the extreme right, antichoice hate groups do not understand...

forcing ones religious dogma, and that is all that this crap is, on others is not about bringing about freedom..or getting govt out of our lives...it is the single most intrusive b.s. around...and it is almost entirely the work of the right wing, the tea partiers and thier republican lackeys

just goes to show the ethics of those who continue to try and claim it is about anything other than forcing their firmly held relgious beliefs (never mind anyone elses, right ?) that drive this entire issue...so much for the antiamerican antichoicers having any real solid, ethical basis to stand on

sknut...you really ought to do a bit of research into political reality before you post: nearly the entirety of this issue is one driven by the hard right of the republican agenda & the tea party...NOT the left, who tend to believe in a wider amount of freedom for all...i only wish my dying party still did the same

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    sknut...you really ought to do a bit of research into political reality before you post: nearly the entirety of this issue is one driven by the hard right of the republican agenda & the tea party...NOT the left, who tend to believe in a wider amount of freedom for all...i only wish my dying party still did the same
    See Post #149:
    Not the left side--that's considered the liberals.

_ LOL thanks ms mod . i knew that ! i was gonna say tea party but i didnt think it encompanssed enough

I'm with you guido! How can people on the Right - the "small government" folks - support this intrusive law? They are the ones crying "Tyranny!" and whining about the government being too big or spending too much or placing too many restrictions on us. But if it's something THEY want... well, it's perfectly fine to have more Federal laws, spending and regulations. And to have the Government overseeing every pregnancy in the country to make sure it turns out the way THEY want it to. Then they ignore the children - and their Mothers - and deny them food, shelter and healthcare. Hypocrisy of the worst kind.

This is a First Amendment issue: religion should never enter into the law-making process. It's a fundamental freedom to not have to follow a religious dogma or to have the government make you do so. Period.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

that is exactly what i was trying to say if you want government to stay out of the business of telling you what to do, how can you want them to tell us what to do with our bodies?

(i made the mistake of saying left instead of right. jeesh sorry. glad Mis Mod noticed it. and cleared it up.. thats what i meant I meant RIGHT .. i know what political party does what here)

What Ohio has proposed is making it illegal to obtain an abortion at the first detectable heartbeat....that is 6 wks!

I wouldn’t touch this subject with a 10 foot Cephalotribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    What Ohio has proposed is making it illegal to obtain an abortion at the first detectable heartbeat....that is 6 wks!
    I just read about that in our local paper last night. It passed the Ohio Senate and is now moving to the House. Heck, when I was pregnant with my son, it took me a little more than a month to even realize that I was pregnant, so this bill (the way it seems to me anyway) is pretty much outlawing it altogether, just without coming out and directly saying it that way.

Yes, that's exactly what they're doing. They can't overturn the Supreme Court decision so they're attempting to find loopholes to outlaw it. Let's get all up in arms about having TSA do a body pat down or use screening machines because it's an invasion of a person's body but it's no big deal when it's a woman who wants to have control over her body. And when are they beginning the counting of the 6 weeks--is it 6 weeks from conception which could be 2 weeks before a woman has missed a period depending upon when she ovulates and which would then reduce the time a woman would have to even be aware she's pregnant or 6 weeks from a missed period.

all this will result in high traffic at the kentucky, Indiana and pennsylvlania aborition clinics. Planned parenthood of Ohio should request a grant for a bus system

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast