This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Default Re: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    What Ohio has proposed is making it illegal to obtain an abortion at the first detectable heartbeat....that is 6 wks!
    Hi Ms. Mookie!
    It's just another pathetic, insulting way to try to get around Roe v Wade. If, if , they chip away at a woman's right they will be able to basically out-law abortion. If they pass the no abortion when there's an audiible fetal heartbeat, they will then move on to...no abortions if the the egg split can be seen under a 1000x microscope. Eventually, they will pass a 'law' that there can be no abortions if the woma's eggs can penetrated and fertilized.

BTW-Anyone notice, back when abortions were illegal there were a number of women who could afford medical attention who had D & C's?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Would you care to expand as to why you believe this?

I agree it is complicated. Unfortunately I don't have time to mention my beliefs at the moment--I hear a collective sigh of relief --yet I shall return next week. In the meantime I'm interested in the reasoning behind your statement if you'd like to share.
    Hi, Ally!

Prior to getting involved in this thread, I suppose you could say I was a little ignorant: pro-life v. pro-choice. But I've come to realize that there are issues to consider. Let's just say a woman decides to go through with the pregnancy, but opts to put her child up for adoption. Years later, that child could become resentful, and very angry at his/her mother, because of her chioce. The child could possibly view the adoption as merely giving him/her away (although it is-by no means-a simple decision.)
    Or say that another woman also endures her pregnancy, but feels compelled to raise him/her. Will she provide sufficiently, or hardly at all? What kind of envirnment is the child experiencing/learning? It can be good, bad, or indifferent, depending on the circumstances. I think that quality-of-life is important...and should be considered.

What many men (and they seem to be the ones who are the most negatively opinionated about this topic) cannot relate to either is the bond that is formed by the woman with the child she is carrying. They blasely suggest that the woman should just give the child up for adoption if she doesn't want to raise it herself. That can lead to circumstances just as you've described because at that point the woman may change her mind after having formed that bond and that may not be the best choice for either mother or child. As I've said before, I do not believe in late term abortions but I also don't believe that a woman should not be able to choose in the very early stages of a pregnancy.

I was wondering if it was just me that was noticing that it seemed to be a male orientated view point on not letting the woman have the choice with her own body. Thanks for noticing it as well Ms Mod.

If I got pregnant and considered an abortion - no man (or woman) is going to tell me what I can or cannot do about it.

I really do not understand how there can be so much division about this. Too me it is cut and dried ... MY BODY - MY CHOICE

If these Pro Life people continue to push abortion laws - they will drive women back into the backyard or alleyway abortion clinics. There will be increased rates of infection and more than likely death from unclean instruments or rooms. Do we really want to go back to that era?

Quote Originally Posted by JayneH View Post
    I was wondering if it was just me that was noticing that it seemed to be a male orientated view point on not letting the woman have the choice with her own body. Thanks for noticing it as well Ms Mod.

If I got pregnant and considered an abortion - no man (or woman) is going to tell me what I can or cannot do about it.

I really do not understand how there can be so much division about this. Too me it is cut and dried ... MY BODY - MY CHOICE

If these Pro Life people continue to push abortion laws - they will drive women back into the backyard or alleyway abortion clinics. There will be increased rates of infection and more than likely death from unclean instruments or rooms. Do we really want to go back to that era?
    No offense, but, yes. They do want to go back to that era.
    If women start turning up dead or dying because of 'illegal' abortions those holier-than -thou people will have a hey-day pontificating, pointing fingers, and judging 'loose' women who got pregnant (All by themselves! Heaven forbid that they mention the man/men who was responsible or should have been responsible.) The women who were, OMG!, having s-e-x for fun and not solely for pro-creation! Any woman who gets pregnant (even by abuse, violence, rape) should do her 'duty' and keep the pregnancy, don't-you-know? And, by the way, you should go through with the pregnancy, have the unplanned child...and smile.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts, these people would do a 180 if their daughters, wives, girlfriends, mistresses came up with an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy. They would hot-tail it to their personal doctor and get/arrange for a 'therapeutic' D & C.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    What many men (and they seem to be the ones who are the most negatively opinionated about this topic) cannot relate to either is the bond that is formed by the woman with the child she is carrying. They blasely suggest that the woman should just give the child up for adoption if she doesn't want to raise it herself. That can lead to circumstances just as you've described because at that point the woman may change her mind after having formed that bond and that may not be the best choice for either mother or child. As I've said before, I do not believe in late term abortions but I also don't believe that a woman should not be able to choose in the very early stages of a pregnancy.

Hi, you raise an excellent point, Ms. Mod. Thank you!
    The bond formed between mother and child is yet another thing to be considered, IMO.

I was talking over this topic with a "friend" last weekend. She hurt my daughter badly by judging her for her views on abortion. She called my daughter a "baby-killer," because my daughter believes there are valid reasons for some abortions. So I told this "friend" about my own abortion, and why I had to have it. And I told her, "Rachel feels that way because if I hadn't been able to get an abortion, her mother would be dead. She's not a baby-killer. She's never had an abortion, and I don't believe she ever would. She just knows there are reasons for abortion sometimes." I went on to tell my "friend" that I cannot judge anyone else for their actions. She's a Christian, so she should already know that, but apparently she doesn't. She said, "Well then, who should judge them?" Well, who do you think, numbskull?? It says right in that Bible you love to shake at me, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." God is the Judge.

"I've made mistakes
    I've done good things too
    And I will answer for it all,
    When my life is through

But when it comes my time,
    One thing I know is true
    When I stand before the Throne,
    My Judge will not be you."

~Tawn Hoffman, 2010

I wrote that for other reasons than abortion, but I try to live by it myself. I don't have any right to judge anyone. I have enough to do judging my own actions.

That is right, Tawn: only God can judge us.

Dear Ms. t.o,

"I've made mistakes
    I've done good things too
    And I will answer for it all,
    When my life is through

But when it comes my time,
    One thing I know is true
    When I stand before the Throne,
    My Judge will not be you."

~Tawn Hoffman, 2010

Wow! That is EXCELLENT! Truly, Wonderful. Thank you, for sharing that. If you don't mind, I will be using that and make sure I give you full credit
    Hugs.
    Peace.

When younger, I believed in ProLife. I now see that life isnt that clear cut. I am not always right...not always wrong. I sorta just feel that folks do the best they can...that's all one can do with honor and grace in this world.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast