This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Default Re: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Life begins at moment of conception, eh? Well being that this sentiment is in the Old Testament theme of the physical sacrifice to appease God, and we have since been graced with the New Testament where we learn such things as "if you look at a woman and lust after her, you have sinned and committed adultery", which places the acts of sin in the heart and mind now, instead of physical acts, perhaps thinking about sex should be considered the moment life begins.

Or we could use the verse of said bible that clearly states multiple times that "the blood is the life and the life is the blood" to gauge when life begins. Since fetuses are not infused with blood until day 18-24, before then its a group of cells. If this is a sin to abort one of these, then noone should ever cut off a mole or anyother group of cells as yo uhave ended a life.

More proof Texas is for the most part a place where logic and forward thinking goes to die.

Either abortion is murder, or it is not. That question has yet to be settled. Until it is settled, there will be incremental crusades to stop it, or promote it.

If I push my wife down the stairs because she refuses to get an abortion, and the baby dies as a result of her fall, am I guilty of murder, or did I merely interfere with her right to choose? Can a man force a woman to have a baby or have an abortion? A woman currently can make a man have a baby and pay for it for decades. That is NOT equality under the law. Are we truly equal, or do women hold superiority over men? What about the life of the child? Is that just a negotiable abstract to be manipulated for monetary gain?

Until these issues are settled, women who want to kill their babies but don't want to sit through a lecture about it, are free to get their procedure done in states other than Texas. If it upsets the 'pro-death' community, it must be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Proper education will prevent more abortions than any of this stupid stuff will.
    You have to understand, Texas politicians do not believe in a proper education. They believe 'fancy learn'n' is for liberal elitists.

It's appalling and cruel to put a woman through this. Texas acts as if deciding to have an abortion is an easy flip decision for a woman.

I'm a woman, and I've had 5 pregnancies. I have 4 children. In 1999, I had a "post-viability abortion." I wanted to hear his heartbeat, but it wasn't there. My Daniel was already gone, and I was in danger of losing my own life. Then where would the children I already had be? I was judged very harshly for having an abortion before the person knew what was going on (and she never found out, either; she wouldn't listen). I was married, and the baby was wanted and loved. But he died. That is, of course, a different situation than being irresponsible and ending a life, but it was still called an abortion. I hated it.

IMO, abortion of a live fetus is murder. If I became pregnant as a result of rape, I would not abort the baby. BUT there are women who don't feel this way, and who am I to make them suffer? They have their reasons. For me, it's murder, but I'm not going to judge anyone else for having an abortion, and I think this bill in Texas is ridiculous.

There are medical reasons for abortion, even of a live fetus. Who gets to say whose life is more important? The woman's life or the baby's life? Do we get to say, "I'm sorry ma'am, but you're going to die, because this child inside you has more right to live than you do." or do we make her listen to the heartbeat and then perform an abortion, and say, "Sorry, we know you wanted that child, but it was going to kill you. We had to make you listen to its heartbeat to appease the law before we put you through even more torture."

I don't know if I'm correctly saying what I'm thinking, but it's close.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    Either abortion is murder, or it is not. That question has yet to be settled. Until it is settled, there will be incremental crusades to stop it, or promote it.
    What do you mean it's not been settled, it's the well established & excepted law of the land, that abortions are legal in every sense of the Supreme courts decision, that even the staunchest Supreme is in agreement with that fact.
    Right or wrong, for good or bad, it is a personal opinion, but legally, between a woman and her doctor, it ain't murder, and that's been settled....well you know, unless bein' chucked down staircase is involved.
    Hmm, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the law is clear on that too, at least in my community.

"Pro death community"?...really?

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    It's appalling and cruel to put a woman through this. Texas acts as if deciding to have an abortion is an easy flip decision for a woman.
    Actually, Texas refuses to act like it is an easy flip decision, as opposed to the states that DO treat it as an easy flip decision.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhorseclub View Post
    You have to understand, Texas politicians do not believe in a proper education. They believe 'fancy learn'n' is for liberal elitists.
    How ironic that Texans provided your textbooks.

It's odd because I thought life was cheaper in Texas, from a death penalty standpoint they don't hold back much. So, let me get this right: State-sanctioned killing is okay, women deciding what happens in their own bodies is not.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    It's odd because I thought life was cheaper in Texas, from a death penalty standpoint they don't hold back much. So, let me get this right: State-sanctioned killing is okay, women deciding what happens in their own bodies is not.
    Wow, great point. They do like to kill. #1 state I believe. Can you imagine the dynamic: Rapist put to death, baby produced by rape must be born against mothers will. Good ole Texas. Wheres the Texans? Chime in.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast