Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion - Page 23

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Default Re: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

but one must admit...we more often feel that way because of our deeply held religious beliefs, right ?

and, as such every true american should now know that creating laws outlawing anything based on ones religion is very probably unconstitutional

there are many religions...there are many religious sects that allow, under certain conditions, for this procedure to be a completely moral and valid one

any move that restricts activities by one religious group over the objections of another is not legal...it doesn't matter how we feel...we do not achieve true freedom by having majority rule over constitutional issues...that's what all the checks and balances are supposed to be for...to protect the minority view from the big-ass foot of the majority

so often, throughout history, we've gotten this wrong...it seems a shame that when we finally are getting somewhere, we keep having the same battles

moreover...one would have to admit that the power of god, and his word, is diminished when mere mortals have to lie, cheat, steal and strongarm those who do not agree...the only truth of god is that which we know to be true...clearly a large percentage of the world does not buy into this version of life, the universe and everything: and by that, i mean choice on abortion...even a huge percentage of catholics do not agree 100% with the current papal thinking..and one would be lying to say otherwise

and where does that leave one in gods eyes...for some, that path to hell is paved with good intentions, that's for sure...

but isn't it god who makes that judgement ?

god does not need our help in this..would it not be in the best interest of furthering gods ideal if there were no laws whatsoever about this...that religious leaders taught gods message without all the baggage many find discerning (almost no two religions actually agree wholeheartedly on all that minutae, anyway, so why make it so much an imperative* ?)...and, when the word of god is less filtered by mans prejudices, then people will want to choose a better path...rather than having one forced upon them

*right off the bat, i thought someone will whine about how a defenseless, unborn life is not either 'minutae' or a non-ipmerative: however, not all religions agree life automatically begins at conception...moreover most of the religions/religious leaders who are consistently trying to overturn roe v wade are also the first to try and end hunger programs, end health programs, currently stand in the way of changing our whole healthcare system away from for-profit...are distinctly pro gun, pro death penalty and pro war...none of which are in any manner, way or form pro life activities...

when the entirity of the pro life movement begins to defund the military with the passion they are trying to defund planned parenthood, then i might believe they are prolife...until then, they are all basically, liars looking for power over our lives

as one who values freedom for all americans, seems the slippery slope only has meaning if one thinks a (d) and his evil, liberal hordes are behind it

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    when the entirity of the pro life movement begins to defund the military with the passion they are trying to defund planned parenthood, then i might believe they are prolife...until then, they are all basically, liars looking for power over our lives
    That's a weird dichotomy, isn't it? I truly do not understand how some of the most militant, kill-'em-and-let-God-sort-'em-out people are also "pro-life." You would think that someone who was trying to stop abortion would also be working very hard to stop capital punishment and military action, but I'm pretty sure it just ain't so.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

but one must admit...we more often feel that way because of our deeply held religious beliefs, right ?
    I don't, but then I don't lay claim any religious beliefs, much less even the more shallow ones.
    Thing is, now while it would definitely take more than both of my hands to count how many people I've met in my entire existence that actually have them there genuine supposed "deeply held religious beliefs", I could most probably actually count them, and in numbers that do not impress me at all, primarily because I could probably actually count them...and I'm not really all that hard to impress, honest, I mean balance a ball on your nose whilst jugglin', hell, or just juggle, and I'm fan boy putty in your hands.
    So in closing, I ask please, don't talk the talk, unless you really walk the walk, around me anyway is what I'm sayin', but only because I find it more than mildly annoying...and if I find it annoying (yeah yeah, so maybe I am relatively easy to annoy, butt still), can ya just imagine what them invisible all knowing controlling & powerful omnipotent beings/deities/whatevers must think about it...mmm hmmm.

no worries pat...my biggest firmly held religiuos belief these days is that most, not all---most, 'religious' folks , of any type, got it all wrong !

but....then, there are some that surprise even me...

*right off the bat, i thought someone will whine about how a defenseless, unborn life is not either 'minutae' or a non-ipmerative: however, not all religions agree life automatically begins at conception...moreover most of the religions/religious leaders who are consistently trying to overturn roe v wade are also the first to try and end hunger programs, end health programs, currently stand in the way of changing our whole healthcare system away from for-profit...are distinctly pro gun, pro death penalty and pro war...none of which are in any manner, way or form pro life activities...
    Well, yes; these people seem to think that life - or at least our responsibility to it - begins at conception, but ends at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrl View Post
    Well, yes; these people seem to think that life - or at least our responsibility to it - begins at conception, but ends at birth.
    Yeah, it's weird. I got nothin'.

This is why I refer to them as Pro-birth. They care nothing for life, really. Just birth. Once that person is out of the womb, they don't give a rat's arse about them. No child care, no food banks, no pre-school, no ANY school (oh, religious schools are ok), no treatment, no health care... nope. Once you're out of there, you are on your own, baby.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    This is why I refer to them as Pro-birth. They care nothing for life, really. Just birth. Once that person is out of the womb, they don't give a rat's arse about them. No child care, no food banks, no pre-school, no ANY school (oh, religious schools are ok), no treatment, no health care... nope. Once you're out of there, you are on your own, baby.

Thus the phrase,'Baby needs new shoes", oft times leading to that other famous catchy phrase, 'Get a job', baby!...well I'm sure there's a factory out there what needs someone rather tiny to crawl into those big ol' manglin' machines for a good cleanin' ever now & again, and hopefully for about a whole dollar an hour no less (duh uh, your a dumb baby, like SNRT whatta you know???)...okay okay, so probably less, and definitely no payed strained apricot breaks dammit, 'cause I'd like to remind mind you lil' ankle biters there's a mess of babies out there needin' shoes too ("mess of", is I think what you call them in a group), and most don't even care if they're new, so be there or be sqaure y'all buncha whiny 'entitled' pouty pablum pukers, and stop actin' like such big babies!
    Oh gee whiz I'm so very sorry, I truly didn't mean to give some righteous hard liners out there pocket rocket like wood with me goofy little diatribe, I mean come on, we still do have child labor laws ya know, but you can still perchance the dream, and maybe, just maybe, one day.....

i actually had a guy tell me it was imperative that we overturn roe v wade because he and his wife could not concieve naturally...invitro was too expenisve...and all the adoptable kids were too old, even though they'd visited kids as young as two and three...guess they aren't real kids if they didn't just pop out...

they would not settle for anything less than an infant..it took 'em a few years to adopt one, but they got their wish: all was fine, until a few years later, they started popping out their own !

they then treated the adopted one like second hand news..all the natural kids got cars at 16, the adopted one had to save and buy his own...the real kids got college paid for, the adopted one never got to go...

nowadays, he is one of the nicest people i've ever met, hard working and a great dad..and, i might add, an SK fan..especially the dark tower !

couldn't be all that bad, right ?

unfortunately, he has zero relationship with his adoptive family now: not that he hasn't tried, but they've pretty much disowned him

oh, yeah...the adoptive parents ?

they are highly active in their church...go figure

i actually had a guy tell me it was imperative that we overturn roe v wade because he and his wife could not concieve naturally...invitro was too expenisve...and all the adoptable kids were too old, even though they'd visited kids as young as two and three...guess they aren't real kids if they didn't just pop out...

they would not settle for anything less than an infant..it took 'em a few years to adopt one, but they got their wish: all was fine, until a few years later, they started popping out their own !

they then treated the adopted one like second hand news..all the natural kids got cars at 16, the adopted one had to save and buy his own...the real kids got college paid for, the adopted one never got to go...

nowadays, he is one of the nicest people i've ever met, hard working and a great dad..and, i might add, an SK fan..especially the dark tower !

couldn't be all that bad, right ?

unfortunately, he has zero relationship with his adoptive family now: not that he hasn't tried, but they've pretty much disowned him

oh, yeah...the adoptive parents ?

they are highly active in their church...go figure
    That is a very sad story.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast