This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Default Re: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

My aunt lived in San Antonio (a nun) and my brother is a nurse in that city. I love Texas. I will refrain from giving my opinion on this topic because it ALWAYS causes a storm that eventually turns into a tempest,but the rest of you carry on as if you are normal.... Joking doan hit me!

I think unless you have had to experience this, you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.

A woman has more say because the connection between a mother and fetus is something a man could never understand. Just like women shouldn't necessarily get a say in penis-and-testicle-specific matters. I can see a few here who might get theirs removed violently if it was up to a woman to decide....

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    What do you mean it's not been settled, it's the well established & excepted law of the land, that abortions are legal in every sense of the Supreme courts decision, that even the staunchest Supreme is in agreement with that fact.
    Right or wrong, for good or bad, it is a personal opinion, but legally, between a woman and her doctor, it ain't murder, and that's been settled....well you know, unless bein' chucked down staircase is involved.
    Hmm, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the law is clear on that too, at least in my community.

"Pro death community"?...really?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Peterson

On November 12 the reconstituted jury convicted Peterson of first-degree murder with special circumstances for killing Laci and second-degree murder for killing the unborn baby she carried

Looks like the law is NOT so clear. In this case, killing an unborn child warranted a murder conviction. Don't get me wrong, I am part of the pro-death community, too. I believe either parent should have the legal authority to kill their children until they turn 18 and move out. We can just call the murder an abortion and it magically becomes 'not murder'. Cool, huh?

Isn't the criteria in those sorts of situations that the fetus must be viable, i.e. capable of living on its own outside the uterus (24 weeks gestation)?

Quote Originally Posted by motocop View Post
    Wow, great point. They do like to kill. #1 state I believe. Can you imagine the dynamic: Rapist put to death, baby produced by rape must be born against mothers will. Good ole Texas. Wheres the Texans? Chime in.
    I'm chiming, brother! I think the death penalty should NOT be legal. 'Beyond a reasonable doubt' is not a good enough reason to take a life. In all pregnancies, the mother's life is in danger. If it becomes apparent that one or both will die, I think the choice should be made to save the mother. If it is just a matter of financial hardship, or the mother not loving the child conceived in rape, adoption is the better choice than adding a murder to the rape.

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    I think unless you have had to experience this, you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.
    We will miss your input.

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    ... Are we truly equal, or do women hold superiority over men?
    Women do not hold superiority over men.
    However, it is the woman who becomes pregnant and has the resposibility and perhaps the burden, of making the choice of keeping the pregnancy or terminating it.
    Right or wrong, the woman has the right to decide what is going to happen to her body. And this is pure and simple added torture, political and religious propaganda, and WRONG.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Peterson

On November 12 the reconstituted jury convicted Peterson of first-degree murder with special circumstances for killing Laci and second-degree murder for killing the unborn baby she carried

Looks like the law is NOT so clear. In this case, killing an unborn child warranted a murder conviction. Don't get me wrong, I am part of the pro-death community, too. I believe either parent should have the legal authority to kill their children until they turn 18 and move out. We can just call the murder an abortion and it magically becomes 'not murder'. Cool, huh?
    That's not the same thing morally, ethically, or legally.
    Absolutely no where at anytime during all the media coverage that case received from beginning to end, did I once hear or read mentioned, that Lacy Peterson had at any time or in any way, consulted with her own doctor about wanting herself, & specifically her very own unborn child, to be brutally murdered by her husband.
    I do not see the connection your making.

I do agree, and have often said, that your mothers right to abort you ends when you move out.
    Had me some suspicions, a few times when I hit my teens, that my name was going to end up on one of those anti-abortion bracelets that were so popular with the Catholic crowd I hung out with back then.
    As a matter of fact, I still get that feeling on the occasion, and Mama lives in my house now.
    Hmm, yep, I gotta say I side with mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Women do not hold superiority over men.
    However, it is the woman who becomes pregnant and has the resposibility and perhaps the burden, of making the choice of keeping the pregnancy or terminating it.
    Right or wrong, the woman has the right to decide what is going to happen to her body. And this is pure and simple added torture, political and religious propaganda, and WRONG.
    Currently, a woman can give birth to a child a man does not want, and extort money from him for decades. He doesn't even have to be the biological father, though some states are taking steps to address this type of legalized fraud.

http://familylaw.mwortmanlaw.com/200...ugust-28-2009/

On the other hand, if a woman is pregnant with a child that the father wants, she has the right to kill his child, and he has no recourse. Legally, women are superior to men, in this instance.

Currently, a woman can give birth to a child a man does not want, and extort money from him for decades. He doesn't even have to be the biological father, though some states are taking steps to address this type of legalized fraud.
    Hard to believe in this day and age DNA testing isn't being used for proof of paternity before finding a man financially responsible. I don't mean that in the sense that I don't believe you but that it seems like it should be SOP. I agree that that's not fair, CK, but there are options the man could have used before the pregnancy. He also could have said no and/or used birth control. It's not just the woman's responsibility and if he doesn't want to find himself in that situation, it's not like he had no other choice.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast