Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Default Re: Texas Wants Women to Listen to Fetal Hearbeat Before Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    That's not the same thing morally, ethically, or legally.
    Absolutely no where at anytime during all the media coverage that case received from beginning to end, did I once hear or read mentioned, that Lacy Peterson had at any time or in any way, consulted with her own doctor about wanting herself, & specifically her very own unborn child, to be brutally murdered by her husband.
    I do not see the connection your making.
    My point is that if abortion is not murder, Petersen would have been convicted of one count of murder and one count of practicing medicine without a license, rather than two murders.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinKale View Post
    My point is that if abortion is not murder, Petersen would have been convicted of one count of murder and one count of practicing medicine without a license, rather than two murders.
    Hmmm...okay, I guess that's one way you could look at it.

Mr. Kale,
    I do not agree with your position, understanding, belief or argumnets but I do "Thank You" for your input. I think it is very important that people be aware of the many different, thought-provoking, astounding, incredible, and sometimes staggering, stance and convictions of others.
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Hard to believe in this day and age DNA testing isn't being used for proof of paternity before finding a man financially responsible. I don't mean that in the sense that I don't believe you but that it seems like it should be SOP. I agree that that's not fair, CK, but there are options the man could have used before the pregnancy. He also could have said no and/or used birth control. It's not just the woman's responsibility and if he doesn't want to find himself in that situation, it's not like he had no other choice.
    I provided a link for easy verification of the law.

It is only fair to give the father the same option for abortion as the mother has. Either that, or allow the unwilling father to legally abdicate all financial responsibility, the same as the mother can with abortion. If either of those policies were made law, I am certain that the incidences of unwanted pregnancies would plummet. It would certainly remove the incentive for that classic fraud.

I use that arguement, not to really advocate for a man's right to abort his child, but to cause an outcry against a man having any control over a woman's body. Once we establish that, it is easy to refute the claims that the man is responsible to keep a woman from getting pregnant, or that he should be legally responsible for her offsring should she choose to not kill them. If all choice belongs solely to the woman, so does all the responsibility.

But that is getting off topic. If the difference between murder and legal abortion lies solely in the opinion of the killers, how can that be good law? It certainly isn't applied equally with regard to the parents. In fact, a good case could be made for gender discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Proper education will prevent more abortions than any of this stupid stuff will.
    I was going to say A LOT about this,, but this sentence pretty much sums it all up.

I'm NOT pro abortion, I'm sorry but I disagree with the majority of opinions I read here, and I know it must not be an easy and painless decision, but if we think about it for a second, it's not OUR body... It's a body that belongs to someone else we are talking about, even though it's inside ours; I agree with the whole rape thing, though. Of course I'm talking about, let's say, "ordinary" conditions, when the people involved have the means to raise a baby... I live in Brazil, so everyday I have the sad truth rubbed in my face, about people who have a gazillion kids and nothing to eat, so they put their kids to beg for them on the streets, and sometimes, they even sell them to have sex for money, at ages like 10, 12...
    It's just something that ruins my day...

But that is getting off topic. .
    Mr. Kale,
    I beg your pardon. However, Your posts, so far, are 'off topic'.
    The topic, was should Texas (or any state) require that women listen to fetal heratbeats, and be subjected to a 'lecture' by a doctor before they have an abortion.

no matter how you slice it...it is one group of people of one religiuos/political p.o.v., abusing their power, to force someone else to live life the way they view solely and only because of their religious convictions

this is the 21st century...we should be well beyond abusing the constitution to inflict upon others our own religious values.

as many have mentioned, and as most pro-choice people have always pointed out, education is the answer, not abroggating someones civil rights based on anothers religious tenets...or, more importantly, interpretations thereof..because that is all this really amounts to.

george tiller attended church, with his family, wife & childen, his whole life..was shot dead, in his church, by a man who had abandoned his family and child over this issue: the right wing does not have the true moral center on this issue at all...

i think it might be in montana, just this past week, the legislature shot down a proposal that would make it legal for a family member to shoot an abortion doctor if they thought the life of unborn relative was in peril...so...

dad rapes his twelve year old daughter, repeatedly...then, when she gets pregnant and tries to flee the horror, dad can now shoot the doctor, take his daughter back (to rape some more) and force her to give birth...

not possible, the 'oprah' show just 2 weeks ago featured two young girls who were repeatedly raped by their father and their brothers...

the catholic church i've disassociated myself with is as much guilty with priests preying on (and impregnating: read up on the magdelena laundries folks, no moral center, these types) young women as the headlines grabbing stories of young men.

none of these useless bible thumpers have any direct line to God: if the woman meant for there NOT to be abortion...it'd be the eleventh commandment

the quickest way to Hell is to assume you know what god wants

Once again, we see where it leads when religion is allowed to dictate law. It's NOT your decision unless you are a woman in a situation where this could be something you might have to think about. Men DO NOT have a say in it. Sorry, no. When they can carry a fetus to term then they can make the decision. Until then, keep it in your pants or STFU.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

I'm chiming, brother! I think the death penalty should NOT be legal. 'Beyond a reasonable doubt' is not a good enough reason to take a life. In all pregnancies, the mother's life is in danger. If it becomes apparent that one or both will die, I think the choice should be made to save the mother. If it is just a matter of financial hardship, or the mother not loving the child conceived in rape, adoption is the better choice than adding a murder to the rape.
    wow i have to say that is one hard nut line there friend!!
    "the mother not loving the child conceived in rape, adoption is the better choice than adding a murder to the rape."
    how would you feel looking at your gf or wife or even sister, mother any female that you know and tell them to carry a child concieved in violent circumstances? a seriously depraved act and you have relegated it to a simple mother not loving a child..wow cold man real cold.
    i am a mother and throughout my pregnancy i was happy in love the whole kit and kaboodle ..loved my daughter before she was born...i cant imagine being forced to carry a child to term knowing i was raped to have her and raped again by being forced to carry to term...and on that subject how on earth would that child feel being told that they were the product of rape???

Quote Originally Posted by bugaboosy View Post
    wow i have to say that is one hard nut line there friend!!
    "the mother not loving the child conceived in rape, adoption is the better choice than adding a murder to the rape."
    how would you feel looking at your gf or wife or even sister, mother any female that you know and tell them to carry a child concieved in violent circumstances? a seriously depraved act and you have relegated it to a simple mother not loving a child..wow cold man real cold.
    i am a mother and throughout my pregnancy i was happy in love the whole kit and kaboodle ..loved my daughter before she was born...i cant imagine being forced to carry a child to term knowing i was raped to have her and raped again by being forced to carry to term...and on that subject how on earth would that child feel being told that they were the product of rape???
    I don't see how you would have a problem with what I said. You loved your daughter, so you carried her to term. If you were raped, you would not love the child and would not carry the child to term. Killing the child to save it from the embarrassment of being the product of rape is not logical.

However, I see your point. I can't say that I wouldn't opt for abortion if I were raped and impregnated. My emotional state in that situation would probably override my logical thought process. Having conceded your point, it is still a question of killing a child because it is unloved.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast