Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Worst Ads on TV - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worst Ads on TV

Default Re: The Worst Ads on TV

The Century 21 Car Insurance ones where innocent, brand new cars are pointlessly molested by as creepy a character as I've ever seen in any commercial.

The most annoying thing about ads on tv are that there are far too many of them these days. Not so many years ago, a programme lasting an hour would have just 3 ad breaks, now it`s 5 or 6. I mean iv`e seen ads come on within 8 minutes of a programme starting! The best way to enjoy a programme now is to record it & fast forward through the breaks.

Swiffer ads.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Drug ads are the worst. I hate the fake doctors who casually list the side effects like they are having conversation. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really sick about hearing of 4 hour erections, swelling of the throat, tongue and lips and difficulty breathing.

...there is certainly a dearth of GOOD creative spots anymore...most ad wonks seemingly don't want to use their imaginations...it's a tragedy that some of the better ads are for liquor and fast food...(except Sonic, I just want to take their heads and bash em together like human wap balls)...

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbum View Post
    Swiffer ads.
    Except the one where the mom is excited to have some free time so starts reading a book...and then the daughter comes in and tells her how it ends. The mom throws the book over her shoulder with an exasperated look...that one makes me laugh every time.

This may just be a local phenomenon, but I'm really tired of ads for businesses that use their kids to do the ads. They can't act, some of them can't even speak intelligibly, and while your kids may be adorable, that doesn't mean they should be trying to hawk your family wares. Stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    This may just be a local phenomenon, but I'm really tired of ads for businesses that use their kids to do the ads. They can't act, some of them can't even speak intelligibly, and while your kids may be adorable, that doesn't mean they should be trying to hawk your family wares. Stop it!
    That happens here too. A local Flea market used to use their young son as the spokesperson. Now he's grown up and does the main ad which replays him in his youth. Enough already.

...car dealers around here do it all the time...and it just makes my teeth itch!...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast