This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some Stephen King novels you have never read?

Default Re: What are some Stephen King novels you have never read?

I haven't read the Dark Tower series yet... The books are waiting on the shelf though

I only started reading everything by SK about 10 years ago, so I started on his early works. So far I'm catching up though. I used to buy in what we call "booksale" here, but now that I only have to buy the new (and more expensive) ones, I still can't buy everything all at once coz some are still in hardcover. So, I still have to wait for the paperback edition, which are more handy and cheap

I have few King book I haven't got my hand on yet. Under the dome is one, but little birds told me UTD is gonna come out here in Finland this spring. And Full Dark No Stars is another one and there maybe few other one I haven't read yet. But I surely gonna read them if I ever find some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ILove View Post
    I haven't read the Dark Tower series yet... The books are waiting on the shelf though
    Go...start....NOW!!!!!!!111

We'll wait....

For me it would be The Colorado Kid.Got it right next to my recliner. Planning to give it another try.I'd tried it before but got sidetracked because I was irritated by the accent which had to be explained. I didnt care for the endless accent problems. Maybe its central to the story tho, so since SK wrote, I'm gonna take a deep breath & give it another try. (doing this for you big guy--only cause its YOU!) hahahahahaa..catches breath, ok now. its true tho, if it were any other writer-heck no, I'd toss it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemeno P View Post
    Go...start....NOW!!!!!!!111

We'll wait....
    I'm gonna have to read it asap!

AS I'm still new to SK it may be easier to say what I have read (Last count it was about 12, working my way through different seasons, I'm half way through The Body.. love it so far . ) I have pretty much all of his works, except for the Colorado Kid and Cycle of the Werewolf (but I have read that one), I'm sure there are a few more too

I have never read Misery. I have to keep at least one book for later

Quote Originally Posted by King Jacob View Post
    The Colorado Kid. As short as it is I don't think it's worth spending six bucks on it. I look for it at the local flea market, but I haven't found it yet.
    I found my copy at the local Dollar General, along with a few others in the Hard Case Crime series. Paperbacks are usually about $1.25 there.

As for ones I've never read, I started reading my mom's copy of the Tommyknockers when I was about 10, and only made it a few chapters in before I think I gave up. Then I got myself a copy of Christine maybe a year or so later, and same thing, only made it a few chapters in before I quit and moved on to other SKs. I'm nearly 26 now, and have yet to go back and try reading them again. Probably should though.
    There's a few I've read 5 years or more ago though that also need re-read. My most recent re-reading spree, started a year and half ago and continuing on, has mostly centered on the Dark Tower and the closely related ones, with a few others tossed in.

It is funny but if you had asked me 6 months ago the answer would of been "Lisey's story" and the last collection of short stories - After sunset maybe? Since then i have started reading all his works in published order and have had a few surprised - all Bachman books accept Rage were new to me (not ones like thinner ...but Roadwork/The Running Man) , i have also just finished Four After Midnight and while i know i have read Landoliers at least a few times the others were less familar and i swear i have never read The Libary Policeman before.
    Tommyknockers to surprised me because i thought i had read it before but it felt completly new to me so not sure.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast