This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Poll: Is there an occasional cat on your keyboard?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Writing with cats

Default Re: Writing with cats

Mark Twain and friend.

Ernest Hemingway and friends.

Wikipedia reference-linkErnest Hemingway House

My cats love messing with the keyboard or anything else I'm doing.
    I don't know how to do anything without a cat in the middle of it anymore. As a matter of fact I have one sitting on my lap right now.
    I'm glad he's not up on the keyboard though, at least not yet.

I was proud of a lengthy eMail I'd written to a friend. Towards the end one of my cats, Mickie, who is very mild-mannered and well-behaved--except for disagreeing with the accepted definition for "cat box"--jumped into my lap, settling there. I was admiring my finished eMail and was reaching to hit Send when Mickie's right paw deliberately hit Delete.

You know, having to rewrite something can be good practice. I think cats believe that.

I had a cat. He used to spread himself out on my laptop keyboard when I wasnt paying him enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by The11thGhost View Post
    I had a cat. He used to spread himself out on my laptop keyboard when I wasnt paying him enough attention.
    Same here!!! My cat Chanelle doesn't appreciate that I spend too much time on my computer, and she just stands right in front of my screen to let me know that she protests. So when I write, I have to be sure she's sleeping or that she pays attention to the birds on the backyard. My cat doesn't go outdoors, so she practically follows me and my husband all day in our home. I love her to bits though. She's a funny little rascal. By the way, I wrote a cat story 2 years ago, and I had pleasure writing this. Cats inspires me a lot, and I think writes love cats and all kinds of pets...well all those I know.

There needs to be a third option:

"I have a cat on my keyboard, but I wish it would sit around my shoulders instead and be still!"

He's fine like that but when he jumps all over the desk or sits constantly meowing...Argh!

I love the little guy but it's really frustrating.
    If I didn't live in an apartment with people that run over cats downstairs/hate cats I'd kick him out the door and say "go play outside in the fresh air, you little rascal!"

He never stops complaining for food.... Or trying to sit on me. If I'm alone I have to shut the toilet door..as he'll try to sit on my lap EVERYWHERE!

And they said cats were aloof...my cat is very clingy! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    There needs to be a third option:

"I have a cat on my keyboard, but I wish it would sit around my shoulders instead and be still!"

He's fine like that but when he jumps all over the desk or sits constantly meowing...Argh!

I love the little guy but it's really frustrating.
    If I didn't live in an apartment with people that run over cats downstairs/hate cats I'd kick him out the door and say "go play outside in the fresh air, you little rascal!"

He never stops complaining for food.... Or trying to sit on me. If I'm alone I have to shut the toilet door..as he'll try to sit on my lap EVERYWHERE!

And they said cats were aloof...my cat is very clingy! :-)
    Perhaps he's having species identity issues...he's a dog born in a cat's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Perhaps he's having species identity issues...he's a dog born in a cat's body.
    I had a cat that would fetch. I'd fire a rubber band across the room and he'd go get it and bring it back. After the first couple of times he'd chew it a little before bringing it back, but, if I patted the couch he'd always put it right within my reach. But the game would only last a few rounds and he'd remember he was a cat after all and go get some treats out of the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I had a cat that would fetch. I'd fire a rubber band across the room and he'd go get it and bring it back. After the first couple of times he'd chew it a little before bringing it back, but, if I patted the couch he'd always put it right within my reach. But the game would only last a few rounds and he'd remember he was a cat after all and go get some treats out of the cupboard.
    He had to get his own treats?! No wonder he stopped bringing it back. Sheesh, some humans can't get a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    He had to get his own treats?! No wonder he stopped bringing it back. Sheesh, some humans can't get a clue!
    The hard part wasn't convincing him he had to get them himself, it was teaching him to set the mousetraps in the cupboard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast