Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Walking Dead **SPOILERS** - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead **SPOILERS**

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Also, on a side note, I get a lot of pride from Rick Grimes because that's my family's name.
    R E P R E S E N T

Yeah, I liked this episode a lot. I must admit that Shane has become one of my favorite characters. I don't like the guy, and certainly wouldn't want his crazy ass around in a zombie apocalypse, but at least he's interesting to watch, and leaves me guessing what the hell he'll do next.

The knife thing seemed a bit crazy to me. I mean, they just found out that you can become infected simply by a scratch, and yet here they are cutting themselves to draw blood and attract zombies, with the SAME knives they use to kill zombies! We literally watch Shane plunge his knife into a walker's skull, and then later when trapped in a schoolbus, use the same knife to slice open his own palm. Umm...not very sanitary. In fact, that seems like a death sentence to me. Not that I expect this to every be addressed.

If it was me, I'd be wearing gloves, goggles, and surgical masks when going zombie hunting, but I guess this would make it hard to see the actors' faces. Oh, and I sure as s**t wouldn't be cutting myself. Open wounds on your hands??? Arrr!!!

I've got a love/hate relationship with this show. It's got great production values, the acting and writing are both pretty good. But why does every zombie have its lips chewed off, exposing the teeth and gums? I admit it's an awesome effect, it looks great. But so many of the zombies have this feature. Why? Is there some reasoning behind it, like in their appetite for human flesh they eat their own mouths? In their greediness do they do it while feeding, maybe?

Also, every episode looks like it's going to be so exciting, and then nothing really happens...

The ending to this episode was great, though. Finally something happens! Poor Dale. I didn't like the guy, he was annoying, and kept preaching about civilzation (newsflash Dale, civilization IS dead), but he didn't deserve to go like that. I hope Carl feels like crap. Also, we're still at the FARM??? Come on! Lets move on!

I am absolutely addicted to this show. My hubby and I just started watching last week. We caught Season 1 on Netflix and Season 2 up to episode 10 on the playstation network, we are finally up to date. I really don't know why we didn't know about this fantastically gruesome and addictive show a long time ago!

I love the show. Got my wife hooked.

I heard on a podcast that they actually have a zombie school in Atlanta for the cast.

Wow!

Where do I start?

Walkers don't have to bite or scratch you to turn you. It's not airborne. If you die, in any manner...you become a walker!!!! Crud!

I dislike Lori. She told Rick about Shane to try to get him to square off on Shane. Then, when Shane is on the windmill she talks to him about how he took care of her and Carl. And she says to Shane, 'I never thanked you'. To me, she was trying to woo him back in, in case she has to use him if something happens to Rick. She gave him some hope that he (Shane) might still have a chance with her. And, he took that hope and ran with it. As fricked up as he is, she incited his actions. JMO.

Shane has been unstable for a long time. It was pretty cool (deranged) how he took Randall out and murdered him.

Shane takes Rick out where it's just the two of them. Rick knew what Shane was doing and tried to talk him down but Shane is too far gone. Or maybe Shane understands that he is off his rocker and wants Rick to kill him.

When Shane is dead and there are ...flashes of walkers attacking.... and then he gets up as a walker...!!!!!!

It's....
    HIVE MIND!!!!! (My son figured that one out)

Peace.

Yeah, I thought this was a good one, too, Sigmund. And next week looks like its got potential. So many walkers!

In the comics, everyone is already infected with the zombie-virus. You do not have to be bitten/clawed/eaten by a zombie in order to turn. As soon as you die, regardless of the cause of death, you will reanimate (unless someone puts a bullet in your head). I was glad to see that this was the case with the television series as well.

I didn't even consider the possibility that Lori was purposefully manipulating Shane, but what you say rings true. I haven't liked either Lori or Andrea, really. Lori just seems to be a damsel in distress, and Andrea seems dangerous (leaving the suicidal girl by
    herself?).

As I've mentioned before, I actually liked Shane. I wouldn't want to be buddies or have a beer with him, but he was interesting to watch. Not sorry he's dead though. I've been expecting that for a long time.

I thought last night was the best episode all season. Isn't next week the last one this season?

As I was watching I kept thinking "Shane's gone crazy!" I think Lori did have a lot to do with it whether she meant to or not.

I don't think Andrea is dangerous. She is just getting tougher and tougher. She left that girl alone because she knew that the girl would try suicide and if she really meant it she would succeed. She even said that now the girl knows that she didn't really want to die. I think maybe Andrea has tried suicide herself in the past.

Love this show. Last episode was great.

I've always thought you had to be bit by a zombie to be one, then again I've never seen vampires twinkle in the sun. What's the world of undead coming too? LOL

I adore this show.

I think that the concept of not having to be bitten or scratched to turn into a walker is going to put a fantastic twist on things. I also think that it has to do with what the doctor whispered to Rick. I think he whispered that everyone is already infected into Rick's ear. This makes sense that Rick would know this after looking back at his actions in the episode where he shot the guys in the bar, why else would he have gone back and shot them in the head once they were already dead.

I think I am really going to miss Shane's character. He was the one character that really showed the viewers just how badly a situation like this can mess with your head and make you regress into an almost primal being. Yup I am going to miss him!

Cannot wait for next week.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast