Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Walking Dead **SPOILERS** - Page 14

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead **SPOILERS**

Default Re: The Walking Dead

That was my impression, Haunted.

Kind of an insider's view of what turning looks/feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post

I thought they looked like wild animals but my sister said they looked like walkers to her. Was Shane having these thoughts while he was tranforming?

That's what I thought too. I don't know if I agree with the 'hive mind' theory though.

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post

That's what I thought too. I don't know if I agree with the 'hive mind' theory though.

As you know I are a real dummee, but what do you mean by hive mind theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Wow!

Where do I start?

Walkers don't have to bite or scratch you to turn you. It's not airborne. If you die, in any manner...you become a walker!!!! Crud!

I dislike Lori. She told Rick about Shane to try to get him to square off on Shane. Then, when Shane is on the windmill she talks to him about how he took care of her and Carl. And she says to Shane, 'I never thanked you'. To me, she was trying to woo him back in, in case she has to use him if something happens to Rick. She gave him some hope that he (Shane) might still have a chance with her. And, he took that hope and ran with it. As fricked up as he is, she incited his actions. JMO.

Shane has been unstable for a long time. It was pretty cool (deranged) how he took Randall out and murdered him.

Shane takes Rick out where it's just the two of them. Rick knew what Shane was doing and tried to talk him down but Shane is too far gone. Or maybe Shane understands that he is off his rocker and wants Rick to kill him.

When Shane is dead and there are ...flashes of walkers attacking.... and then he gets up as a walker...!!!!!!

It's....
    HIVE MIND!!!!! (My son figured that one out)

Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam peebles View Post
    I didn't read much of the comics, maybe five of the graphic novels, but in regards to the hive mind...

No, they don't share a hive mind in the comics, at least that was not revealed in what I've read. I'm not entirely convinced they have a hive mind in the tv series, either. It certainly looked that way Sig, and it's an interesting development if they do, but it may have only been an artistic depiction of Shane transforming into a walker. I'm not sure where they're going with that little scene, but I like your idea. It's a sharp observation that I never even considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    As you know I are a real dummee, but what do you mean by hive mind theory?

This is what I was talking about Haunted.

I just got Netflix and watched all 6 episodes of season 1 yesterday (thanks to the good folds here) and now I'll just have to wait for Netflix to get season 2 grrrrr...Unfortunately they are a little backward with English programming in my little neck of the woods so a lot of shows don't play here.

I would describe the 'Hive Mind' as a combined purpose/thought. No individual has a purpose or thought, but all work together toward a common goal. Like bees in a hive, the drones all do the the work. It is the 'hive mind' at work.

I'm a huge fan of the series, the graphic novels and the novel, "Rise of the Govenor". I saw the Hive mind in the gymnasium when Otis and Shane went for the medical supplies. And the Hive Mind was in the 'waterfall' scene, when the Walkers tumbled out of the broken window.

Long days and pleasant nights.

Quote Originally Posted by mstay View Post
    This is what I was talking about Haunted.

THANKS!

This is a little idea I came up with:

So, I trust that my mother, Siggy, has already told everyone my Hive Mind idea. For those of you who don't know, a hive mind is what bee's use. The Queen gives them all jobs and they all follow out those rolls for the good of the colony. So, when Shane started having those weird flash backs to things he never did, I figured that's what it was, the hive mind connecting with him. Now, my new idea is this, and it came to me when I was watching the Walking Dead over again with my girlfriend. Does anyone remember the walker from the first episode, the one wearing a suit with the orange eyes that doesn't attack Rick when he get's into the tank? I think that was the Queen (I'm thinking there is more then one head zombie, every group of walkers gets it's own Queen) for that group of Walkers. Why do I think that? Because he didn't attack, he observed. The Queen can't fight because if she dies, then the colony goes with her. That walker was watching Rick and sending the other zombies after him, sending them to look under the tank and try to pry the hatch off the top. That's my guess. Thought it'd be food for thought for all of you.

I for one can't wait until Sunday's finale but I will miss new episodes I'm still trying to figure out episode 12

and why Shane and Randall turned without a bite or scratch? Any ideas? My theory is the blood from the walkers that was on Rick's knife when he stabbed Shane caused him to turn? or is it airborne?
    Anybody? It's kind of driving me crazy...

kimberly88--

you don't have to be bitten to turn, you just have to die...any ole way!

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast